By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo to reveal "new way to play the Switch" in 12 hours from now.

TomaTito said:

The new accessory was leaked last year

Lol what is that! Is that the QOL? 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
TomaTito said:

The new accessory was leaked last year

'' leaked'', at the bottom: this is a fictional design concept

They say it is is for the kids...
So I think it is a touchscreen related thing.
Maybe a cable that allow you to hold the Switch as a second screen in hands while playing on the TV,
Or, they will release some Wii like games to use the joycons as motion controllers.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

"specially crafted for kids"

Two steps forward and one step back as usual...

Just reading through most of the posts and I think alot of people are really over-estimating what this could be.

Also Nintendo has said it's specially designed for kids, they would never announce a new Animal Crossing or Pokemon game and market it in such a way.

I think those who are saying an Amiibo based toys to life game could be correct, or my other guess is something to do with cartoons, that is a market that really fits the 'for kids, or kids at heart' thing.

Around the Network

I'm actually afraid that they'll announce something that would hurt the switch image. I really hope they are not going the wii route with this a la wit fit.....

The next generation of amiibo has arrived!

mZuzek said:
ninson95 said:
I'm actually afraid that they'll announce something that would hurt the switch image. I really hope they are not going the wii route with this a la wit fit.....

Pretty sure it isn't something a la Wii Fit as that's not appealing to kids whatsoever.

Also, one thing to keep in mind, remember when Nintendo talked about "new ways to play" Switch in 2018, and expecting to sell 20m units this fiscal year? Well, whatever they announce today is probably what they're banking on to do that.

Hmm will be interesting to see. I don't see them releasing a cheaper switch that is only a handheld for children with lover build quality -- because it not what I'd define as a new way to play

For the record, I have no qualms with kids or casual games. However I was trying to state that Nintendo need to play it smart to keep a healthy balance so not to damage the Switch perception.

KLXVER said:
"specially crafted for kids"

Two steps forward and one step back as usual...

No it's not. Nintendo can cater at different audiences at the same time. Switch is mobile, motion controlled and console in one. None really handicap the other.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.