Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo to reveal "new way to play the Switch" in 12 hours from now.

The next generation of amiibo has arrived!

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
ninson95 said:
I'm actually afraid that they'll announce something that would hurt the switch image. I really hope they are not going the wii route with this a la wit fit.....

Pretty sure it isn't something a la Wii Fit as that's not appealing to kids whatsoever.

Also, one thing to keep in mind, remember when Nintendo talked about "new ways to play" Switch in 2018, and expecting to sell 20m units this fiscal year? Well, whatever they announce today is probably what they're banking on to do that.

Hmm will be interesting to see. I don't see them releasing a cheaper switch that is only a handheld for children with lover build quality -- because it not what I'd define as a new way to play

For the record, I have no qualms with kids or casual games. However I was trying to state that Nintendo need to play it smart to keep a healthy balance so not to damage the Switch perception.

KLXVER said:
"specially crafted for kids"

Two steps forward and one step back as usual...

No it's not. Nintendo can cater at different audiences at the same time. Switch is mobile, motion controlled and console in one. None really handicap the other.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

ninson95 said:
I'm actually afraid that they'll announce something that would hurt the switch image. I really hope they are not going the wii route with this a la wit fit.....

Well what ever it is, its a good thing they did not announce it at e3.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
ninson95 said:

The Switch's image is that it's a Nintendo console. That's why it sells so well. What could Nintendo do to destroy that image?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Stefan.De.Machtige said:
KLXVER said:
"specially crafted for kids"

Two steps forward and one step back as usual...

No it's not. Nintendo can cater at different audiences at the same time. Switch is mobile, motion controlled and console in one. None really handicap the other.

The fact that they have to say that its specially crafted for kids is not a good thing. Its like "Hey we threw something together that only a human with a still developing brain can enjoy."

vivster said:
ninson95 said:

The Switch's image is that it's a Nintendo console. That's why it sells so well. What could Nintendo do to destroy that image?

Going after the wii crowd^^ Maybe it would not ''destroy'' the image, but I think it'd hurt.. but we'll see what's coming out ;)

ninson95 said:
vivster said:

Going after the wii crowd^^ Maybe it would not ''destroy'' the image, but I think it'd hurt.. but we'll see what's coming out ;)

I'm pretty sure that Nintendo would love the Switch to have the "terrible" image of the Wii.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
ninson95 said:

I'm pretty sure that Nintendo would love the Switch to have the "terrible" image of the Wii.

For sure they want Wii sales haha :D But after the Wii I have really had the feeling that Nintendo wanted to be less casual