By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo to reveal "new way to play the Switch" in 12 hours from now.

Mnementh said:
peachbuggy said:

Switch sports? Yes please,  says the kid in me!

Switch Sports would be awesome. And in difference to all the naysayers I say it would still sell at least 30 million.

Maybe not 30m but definitely over 10 imo and more importantly it resurrect 1 of Nintendo's most successful franchises of all time. If this is what the direct is about, i'm all for it! Bring on the "Wii" series again.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Around the Network
Nautilus said:

TomaTito said:

The new accessory was leaked last year

This actually makes too much sense.If they dont put too much focus on it(as in, they keep the oitput of actual games going as it is), Im more than fine.

No it makes no sense whatsoever, how is this accessory (real or fake) in anyway aimed at kids or kids at heart.

TheMisterManGuy said:

Keep in mind, I still want traditional Nintendo games and hardcore third party games as well. I'm just calling out the snowflakes who want Nintendo to keep the Switch this core gamer only device and not another Wii. Which given the Switch hardware and marketing is unrealistic. 

Fair enough. I think we'd all be better off if we just had a deep breath and took these things as they came.

Toddifer said:
Some kind of Switch Mini/Lite to act as a portable-only device to replace the 3DS line. Will launch later this year (fall), no dock, different materials to make it more durable/smaller for young hands, $200.

That's just my guess.

No it won't be a Switch Mini because the original isn't even 12 months old yet, and in no way is a Switch Mini going to be marketed with the words "specially designed for kids".

Still no announcement from the NoA Twitter. To me, that discounts the possibility of this being something big.

Could by Yokai Watch toys to life or something.

Around the Network
KeithC1990 said:
Nautilus said:

This actually makes too much sense.If they dont put too much focus on it(as in, they keep the oitput of actual games going as it is), Im more than fine.

No it makes no sense whatsoever, how is this accessory (real or fake) in anyway aimed at kids or kids at heart.

Well, maybe not to kids, but to the overall market.It maybe wouldnt set the market on fire, but it could be a neat idea if properly executed.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

I think some people are going way overboard on this. So what if Nintendo is going after a different demographic? As long as they continue to cater for the original "demographic" how can this hurt the Switch in any way? I only see it as a positive thing. More demographics=bigger userbase=more games both from Nintendo and third parties. There really are no losers, in actuality.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Browsing the posts it seems alot of people think it's going to be a 'Wii Sports' style game, and I really don't see how that fits, that was 100% a casual game, not a core game in the slightest, but I also would never ever describe it as a kids game really. Kids games are stuff like Skylanders, Ben 10 etc.

People are confusing family/casual and "specially designed for kids" in my opinion.

KeithC1990 said:

Browsing the posts it seems alot of people think it's going to be a 'Wii Sports' style game, and I really don't see how that fits, that was 100% a casual game, not a core game in the slightest, but I also would never ever describe it as a kids game really. Kids games are stuff like Skylanders, Ben 10 etc.

People are confusing family/casual and "specially designed for kids" in my opinion.

The only games I consider kids games are learning games. Like basic math or basic English. 

Can't wait for the ten doom threads after this.