By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dark Souls: Remastered Won’t Feature Cross-Platform Play

"and a portable $40 package with all the DLC will certainly prove to be a tempting deal to many."

Remember when everyone thought that it would be a trilogy collection with all three games [and possibly their dlc]? Good times, good times.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
"and a portable $40 package with all the DLC will certainly prove to be a tempting deal to many."

Remember when everyone thought that it would be a trilogy collection with all three games [and possibly their dlc]? Good times, good times.

Well at least, unlike the wii U when we got Mass Effect 3 only, the Switch will be starting from the beginning.

Yep, and all other platforms will be getting screwed equally! 

Anyways I don't really think crossplay would work with a 30fps game going against 60fps counter parts .... 

Was cross-play a thing some people were expecting? I didn't even once think about it as a thing for this game. Would be cool though, cross-play is a great thing and it's nice to see it happening in a lot more games lately between Xbox, PC, and Switch.

FloatingWaffles said:
Was cross-play a thing some people were expecting? I didn't even once think about it as a thing for this game. Would be cool though, cross-play is a great thing and it's nice to see it happening in a lot more games lately between Xbox, PC, and Switch.

On slow news days websites have to make some news.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Why is this seemingly related toward the Switch? None of the other versions support cross play either.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:

Well at least, unlike the wii U when we got Mass Effect 3 only, the Switch will be starting from the beginning.

Anyways I don't really think crossplay would work with a 30fps game going against 60fps counter parts .... 

That's not really a problem from the technical side, the world updates shared between the clients and the rendering on the specific clients for the user are independent. Must be, there always can be a lag in transferring an update, and you still want updated graphics.

It might be unfair, the 60fps-players might have an advantage over the 30fps-players. Not sure though how strongly that would work.

On PC it happens all the time that clients with different specs and therefore different fps play together.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:

That's not really a problem from the technical side, the world updates shared between the clients and the rendering on the specific clients for the user are independent. Must be, there always can be a lag in transferring an update, and you still want updated graphics.

It might be unfair, the 60fps-players might have an advantage over the 30fps-players. Not sure though how strongly that would work.

On PC it happens all the time that clients with different specs and therefore different fps play together.

That's literally all I was saying 

I'm pretty sure PC gamers excepted it a long time ago but I don't know how console users would react. I think the bigger reason for not doing it is that From Soft just doesn't deem it necessary and worth their time. 

FloatingWaffles said:

When I heard they would have their own servers (for the first time, mind you), I had a minor hope that it would include cross platform.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."