By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Hmmm...a Full Direct soon?

Maybe Nintendo decided to remove a slot already now so that they are less predictable when the next Direct will air.

Around the Network
twintail said:
Honestly I think h next major direct is E3 as Nintendo will want to focus on that event for massive blow out.

I know ppl like the announcements in the mini but that were mostly throwaway remasters o keep ppl happy for first half of the year.

I think we will have one sooner than that. They need to give us information about their online plans. Not really E3 material.

National Treasure: Direct of Secrets.

I could see another direct coming around Australia Day (the 26th), really really hoping we get another by month's end. I want Fire Emblem before E3.

EDIT

should of read the OP first.

Last edited by animegaming - on 12 January 2018

Around the Network

Look, since we all know its happening at some point, I'm just going to make predictions for the next Direct now, using the official Direct format.

Spotlights

* FIre Emblem Switch fully revealed, Pirate themed. Touch screen controls, as well as Joy-Con pointer and button controls. Coming May 25, with new Joy-Con colors and special bundle

* Brand New Sakurai Project, coming Summer 2018

* New IP from EPD in-house, coming Auttumn

* New Retro Studios Project, coming Fall

Headlines

3DS:

* Sushi Striker: Way of the Sushido details, Coming March 23
* Dillon's Rolling Western final game, available today
* Release date for Aliance Alive
* One unannounced third party game
* The Legend of Zelda: Link's Re-Awakening, re-imagining of the Game Boy classic, coming August 3
* Wario Land: Gold Rush, new Wario Land game, coming Summer
* Kirby Battle Roayle Update available today, adds new features

Switch:

* Fire Emblem Warriors DLC, details and release
* Yoshi's Flipside Story, coming June 8
* New NDCube IP, party game, coming Summer
* Valkyria Chronicles 4
* GTA V and Red Dead Redemption, coming Spring and Summer respectively
* Wolfenstein II release date
* Bayonetta reminder
* New Bandai Namco games, coming Summer and Fall
* Mario Tennis Aces Update, coming April 6, new amiibo shown
* New IP from 1-2 Switch team, Rhythm game, coming Fall
* The World Ends With You -Final Remix- more details, coming June 15. The World Ends With You Too, Now in Development for Nintendo Switch
* Project Octopath Traveler, Now named Octopath: The Journey is Yours. Coming Summer
* New Mario & Luigi game, Peach is the focus, coming July 13
* WarioWare: FreeStyle, first new entry since D.I.Y., use the Joy-Con is weird ways, coming Summer
* Fallout 4, exclusive features, all content, coming Summer
* Nintendo eShop reel, including Dragon Marked for Death, Light Fingers, Inner Space
* Aksyss Games, including BlazBlue, Garu Metal, and one other title
* Xenoblade Chronicles 2 DLC
* New IP from Rhythm Heaven Character Designer, Episodic game. First chapter coming June 22
* Splatoon 2 updates, another Testfire announced
* The Wonderful 101, new content, coming August
* Hyrule Warriors Definitive edition, coming April 13
* Nintendo Switch Third Party reel

No online news or anything until at least March. I think we're not going to see it until late Spring. But yeah, this is what I think is plausible.

twintail said:
Honestly I think h next major direct is E3 as Nintendo will want to focus on that event for massive blow out.

I know ppl like the announcements in the mini but that were mostly throwaway remasters o keep ppl happy for first half of the year.

You want to bet?

Nintendo always have regualar Direct betwine January Direct and E3, last year after January presentation Nintendo had regualar Direct on April 12. and huge difrence is that this was Mini Direct, without big announcements or new games. So, regular Direct before E3 is almost certain (my guess is around March).

Well it's fact that full Nintendo Direct in all cases until now are in less than a month after Direct Mini, you can see yourself (link down). I personally expecting normal Direct around March latest, but I want rule out maybe at end of January or in February.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_Direct_presentations

Also I made thread about that matter
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234126&page=1#

zorg1000 said:
Apparently there has always been a Direct shortly after a Mini Direct so maybe we have another one coming soon.

That's right. Anywhere between few days to three weeks, but generally they do proper Direct two weeks after.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_Direct_presentations

I would love if this happened.

As a Nintendo fan I was completely satisfied with the mini Direct and am very excited for most of the games shown off. I am however concerned that there is no system seller (so far) for the first half of the year. They NEED to keep this momentum going and I don't think that what they announced so far will do the trick.

1doesnotsimply