By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Hmmm...a Full Direct soon?

I could see that originally a normal direct was planned for the end of January. Since there was this unexpected hype for more information on Switch games, Nintendo might decided to capitalize on this urge of their fans and gave them some relieve on their own created excitement.

If this is the case, I expect that they have withholden information on other games in the Nintendo Direct mini, as they had not enough time to prepare it. Should this be true then it is realistic to see the next direct in the coming weeks.

Around the Network

Nintendo doesn't need to oversell the device right now. It's already selling out faster than they can make it.

They'd just get more angry customers. So I don't think a full Direct is coming until sometime in the spring.

Typically after a mini direct, a full direct follows in 3-4 weeks.

Honestly, I don't think they need to announce anything super new. Probably an update on the next Mobile title, Pokémon dev footage, a mini trailer for Metroid, Bayonetta 3 footage, Fire Emblem trailer, Yoshi full trailer 7 release date, Smash Bros port with additional characters and DLC, and Pikmin 4 trailer.

Asriel said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:

They had Mini Directs in 2015 and 2016.

No, they didn't. They had a Direct Micro in 2015.

Same exact thing, just a different name.

Some intresting points

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/7pzqb6/direct_on_the_22nd_speculation_compiling_all_of/

Around the Network

Predictions:

-Direct on the 25th of January.
-Information about the paid online, launching soon.
-No Virtual Console.
-New bundles.
-New Joy-Con colours.
-Home menu themes.
-A lot of stuff about Fire Emblem, releasing in October.
-Super Smash Bros. for Switch in August.
-Yoshi in June.
-South Park in March
-GTA 5 later this year.
-Persona 5 in May.

Last edited by Flilix - on 13 January 2018

Doubtful. Wait until April.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

My Prediction:

Full direct will be somewhere between January 18th and January 25th.

This will coincide with a large shipment of Nintendo Switch hardware and software to Japan to disrupt any momentum PS4 might push with Monster Hunter World on January 26th.

With a surprise game available that very day just to add a little extra boost to demand (which just means the Switch will sellout of its shipment in less hours than a non-release week)

Also:

Mini Direct / Direct Time Gap Table

Yeah I was the guy who mentioned in the other thread that last year Nintendo had 9 directs in the first six months of the year (Including E3 Direct and special game directs) That's every three weeks a direct ofcourse they could have less directs this year but so drastically that they will not have one till E3 seems impossible.

Flilix said:

Predictions:

-Direct on the 25th of January.
-Information about the paid online, launching soon.
-No Virtual Console.
-New bundles.
-New Joy-Con colours.
-Home menu themes.
-A lot of stuff about Fire Emblem, releasing in October.
-Super Smash Bros. for Switch in August.
-Yoshi in June.
-South Park in March
-GTA 5 later this year.
-Persona 5 in May.

I like this