By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition announced for Switch

HintHRO said: 

Wii U not being supported anymore is no reason to not buy a console. I actually wish I was in the position of people who never had a Wii U. This means you can buy a Wii U for a very low price, plus ALL the good games also at a lower price. You have a collection of high quality games to play in a row. Not only are at least 50% of all decent games on Switch also on Wii U for a way lower price (even including DLC you pay less than the Switch versions), it will take months/years before it has a decent line-up. 

I played all those third party games years ago on other consoles and you can play them right now way cheaper on a decent PC. If you buy Nintendo consoles to play games like Wolfenstein and Dark Souls, you bought the wrong platform. Buy a PS4/X1 for those games.

In the Netherlands Switch is still 320 euros without a game included. 

Where do you find these cheap Wii U games? The cheapest Mario Kart 8 I could find on the internet is €55. With the DLC, that would be almost €70. And then you stil don't get the battle mode.

I got the Switch version for €40.

Around the Network
GhaudePhaede010 said:
LivingMetal said:

And what would that be?  Please inform me since I'm ignorant of the details.

Off-TV co-op

Oh yeah, you're right. That is beyond awesome!

HintHRO said:
Alkibiádēs said:

• The Switch is portable
  • It gets new games while the Wii U is no longer being supported
  • The ports often run better on Switch and have additional content: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Minecraft and Pokkén Tournament are great examples of this. 
  • The Switch has far better indie support than the Wii U ever had: Enter the Gungeon, Rocket League, Stardew Valley, Steamworld Dig 2, Inside, Hollow Knight, Travis Strikes Back: No More Heroes, Sonic Mania, Snipperclips, Overcooked, Fe, Owlboy, Celeste, etc. 
  • It has much better third party support from major developers / publishers: Doom, Wolfenstein 2, Skyrim, Dark Souls: Remastered, Shin Megami Tensei V, Valkyria Chronicles 4, Bayonetta 3, Dragon Quest Builders 1 & 2, The World Ends With You: Final Remix, Dragon Quest XI, Project Octopath Traveller, etc. 
  • Splatoon 2 is not "almost the same" as the first Splatoon. Salmon Run and Clam Blitz are great additions to the multiplayer content in Splatoon 2. 
  • I bought the Switch for €300, not €320. 
Why are you surprised people don't want to buy a console that is no longer being supported? 

Wii U not being supported anymore is no reason to not buy a console. I actually wish I was in the position of people who never had a Wii U. This means you can buy a Wii U for a very low price, plus ALL the good games also at a lower price. You have a collection of high quality games to play in a row. Not only are at least 50% of all decent games on Switch also on Wii U for a way lower price (even including DLC you pay less than the Switch versions), it will take months/years before it has a decent line-up. 

I played all those third party games years ago on other consoles and you can play them right now way cheaper on a decent PC. If you buy Nintendo consoles to play games like Wolfenstein and Dark Souls, you bought the wrong platform. Buy a PS4/X1 for those games.

In the Netherlands Switch is still 320 euros without a game included. 

Most of them haven't even been released yet lol...

And that 50% is another big exaggeration. 

Also the Wii U and its games aren't cheap...

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

HintHRO said:
Such a waste of manpower to make ports over and over again for the Switch when they can work on new high profile games instead.

I think you underestimate the manpower needed for new high profile games and overestimate the manpower needed for a port. I guess you can make around 100 ports from the resources of one new high profile game. Depends a bit on the quality of the port, if they add features and stuff like that.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

HintHRO said:
Flilix said:

The Switch is a better console and it's getting a lot more great games. It really isn't that hard to understand.

How is the Switch a better console when people buy it to play so many Wii U games? Wii U right now is so much cheaper and offers Mario 3D World, Pikmin 3, Smash 4, Xenoblade X, Wind Waker HD, Splatoon (almost the same as Splatoon 2), Tokyo Mirage, Yoshi's Wolly World, Wonderful 101, ZombiU, Paper Mario and many indie games BESIDES all the overpriced Wii U ports on Switch (Hyrule Warriors, Donkey Kong, Bayonetta 1+2, Mario Kart, Zelda). While Switch itself after a year only has 2 or 3 original high quality games. 

Are people hesistant to buy a Wii U because it has the ''Wii'' brand or something? Who cares about that when it offers so many quality games at a way cheaper price and the same performance on a technical level? Buy and enjoy Wii U for the coming 2/3 years. Then buy a Switch when it offers more original content and not at an absurd price of 320 euros without a game. 

Why make people such statements as the bolded on a site that delivers them the ability to know better:

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/games.php?name=&keyword=&console=NS&region=All&developer=&publisher=&genre=&boxart=Both&ownership=Both&results=50&order=Sales

7 out of the 10 highest sellers on Switch are new games. Only Mario Kart, Pokken and Ultra Street Fighter are ports in the TOP 10. So people buy the Switch to play mostly new games - and maybe take a few great ports while they're at it.

And the fuck, ZELDA BOTW ISN'T A PORT! Since when became multiplats ports? That transformation is only made to depict the Switch as port-riddled. It released at the same time on WiiU and Switch.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
Mnementh said:

Why make people such statements as the bolded on a site that delivers them the ability to know better:

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/games.php?name=&keyword=&console=NS®ion=All&developer=&publisher=&genre=&boxart=Both&ownership=Both&results=50&order=Sales

7 out of the 10 highest sellers on Switch are new games. Only Mario Kart, Pokken and Ultra Street Fighter are ports in the TOP 10. So people buy the Switch to play mostly new games - and maybe take a few great ports while they're at it.

And the fuck, ZELDA BOTW ISN'T A PORT! Since when became multiplats ports? That transformation is only made to depict the Switch as port-riddled. It released at the same time on WiiU and Switch.

Good stuff. Also tack on Stardew Valley and Rocket League, which have been among the best eShop sellers since they came out. For whatever reason, Wii U just never got stuff like this. Even Minecraft came way too late.

Double and triple agree on BOTW. If that's a "port", then so are Metal Gear Solid 5 and Persona 5, which are like, my two favorite PS4 games. 

Alkibiádēs said:
HintHRO said:
Is this really what the Switch needs after the recent release of Fire Emblem Warriors? Which is in many ways so much similar to Hyrule Warriors. Such a waste of manpower to make ports over and over again for the Switch when they can work on new high profile games instead.

Kinda ironic too. People buy a Switch to play Wii U games, yet they don't want to buy a Wii U which offers so much more than just a few ports on Switch for a way cheaper price (even including DLC). I just don't get it.

This port is developed by Koei Tecmo. What high profile games are you expecting from them lol? 

Hyrule Warriors 2? 😜

Mnementh said:

Actually, a lot of multi-plats are ports.  Release date has no bearing on that.

For example, Bayonetta was made for the Xbox 360 and then ported (badly) to the PS3.

I'm gonna buy it. It shouldn't have the technical issues that hampered my 3DS and WiiU experience.

Along with Fate Extella and Fire Emblem Warriors, I'm going to be Dynasty Warriors'd out.

After sinking over 320 hours into the Wii U version (and 1 hour in the 3DS version), at first I was kinda upset that it wasn't just a sequel. But, after some thought and learning that I actually missed out on 5 Adventure maps and two small storylines, I'm actually excited to start over again and actually be able to attempt 100%. I'm stoked.

Also, I would think that they would save actual BoTW characters for a sequel, as they have voice actors. I feel like they will use full voice acting for a sequel. It would be weird to include some characters with voice acting while everybody else just grunts.

1doesnotsimply