By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch-The platform of ports and shovelware

meh I am a Wii U Owner and would gladly welcome Nintendo Porting their entire Wii U library to the switch( I was hopin color splash switch was coming). I pretty much skipped all games released on the last years of the wii u minus xenoblade x

Around the Network

What do you expect when you launch hardware thats a little bit stronger then 13 year old Xbox 360 in 2017?

It was always just Nintendo games + indies + 7th gen ports. Everybody that expected more was insane.

pokoko said:
Good to see ports and remasters have joined DLC on the accepted list. Next up, paying for online.

Ports and remakes have always been on the accepted list though. People have been begging for lots of ports on the Switch even before the presentation last year.

I think ports will always be a big part of the Switch library, as long as the games are good I don't think it's that bad, that said, if Nintendo wants to keep sales momentum they probably need to be aware that they need to have a big new game every 3-5 months at least. 

I think it's clear too that basically all the bigger Wii U games are getting ported. Maybe we'll see Mario 3D World one day or a 3D World + Captain Toad bonus pack. 

caffeinade said:
How dare Nintendo allow the filthy peasants that couldn't afford or justify a WiiU purchase, to play it's games.
How dare Nintendo taint the purity of the WiiU's Exclusives.
How dare Nintendo permit the people who didn't support the WiiU to feel joy.

How dare Nintendo preserve their games.

If you can't afford a Wii U, then you most definitely can't afford a Switch lmao

Don't see them doing the same with way older gems? Where's my Mario Sunshine/Metroid Prime/Pikmin/Paper Mario TTYD/Donkey Kong 64/Mario Kart 64/ Zelda ALttP/Earthbound HD remake? It has to be recent games because they are easier to crap out and people are still buying it.

You can say the same about NES, SNES, N64, GC and Wii, yet all remakes on Wii U Deluxe aka the Switch, are only full-priced Wii U ports. Look how poorly the Gamecube sold. So many gamers missed those games too. Where are the Gamecube remakes then? 

If they want to give people the option to play their older games, they can start with releasing a proper Virtual Console for once. Even the Wii had a few decent N64 games. Then why not Switch? Right now you can look to the left or right besides the Switch games at your local game store to find many Switch games also being on Wii U, but then 50-75% cheaper

Last edited by HintHRO - on 11 January 2018

Around the Network

Ports actually have more important role on Switch, because on Switch they offer full handheld play also and thats game changer for some people, so thats why more games in any case including ports is positive thing for Switch, not bad thing.

WiiU ports were a given since a lot of people haven't even bought the console. And, shovelware? What exactly are you saying are shovelware? Every game that doesn't have a AAA budget?

Two GOTY-candidates and many titles with high review scores -> platform of shovelware. Righty-o.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

habam said:
What do you expect when you launch hardware thats a little bit stronger then 13 year old Xbox 360 in 2017?

It was always just Nintendo games + indies + 7th gen ports. Everybody that expected more was insane.

I guess Bethesda workers were the most insane ones then.

And stop trolling with the "Wii U owners have 0 new game to play" bs, I don't remember playing Payday 2 or Dark Souls on the Wii U, nor Kirby Star Allies. One port (Donkey Kong) shown in this direct and suddunly the whole direct was only about Wii U ports.

I don't have a good joke to answer a joke thread like this one.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile