By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch-The platform of ports and shovelware

Lucas-Rio said:
There are no shovelwares.

However, there are way too many ports....

For Wii U owners, the planning of the first six months 2018 is completely empty. That's terrible.

Not every Wii U owners owned everything. I missed on DK, Bayonetta and Pokken because at the time of release, I had other financial priorities, so I’m glad they’re porting them now that I have the possibility to play them.

Around the Network

I disagree with you on all points. Look at the first few years of the XB1 and PS4, all the big releases were just re-releases and ports of 7th gen games and remasters. it is no different with what we have seen on the Switch, and at least with the Switch we are getting games that either a lot of people havent played, or havent had much relevance in recent years.

as for Shovelware, maybe there are some games on the Switch that you dont see the value in but that doesnt make them shovelware. if anything the Switch has been building the highest quality lineup of games of any Nintendo platform

I was waiting on a troll thread after the direct haha. There are quite a few ports but I think most are justified and we're getting usual to higher than usual amounts of new content coming out as well. I think these "Deluxe" versions are excellent padding for Nintendo, and beneficial to the MANY who didn't buy a Wii U.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

As a previous Wii U owner, I don't see any reason to buy a Switch right now unless you like full-priced ports of games not even released 2-3 years ago. Especially not with its current price tag (without a game included!). It's underpowered, only offers 2 or 3 worthy original games and we have yet to see footage of Metroid, Shin Megami Tensei, Pikmin and other big games without a release date. Also third-party software are more expensive while being released years later and downgraded.

HintHRO said:
As a previous Wii U owner, I don't see any reason to buy a Switch right now unless you like full-priced ports of games not even released 2-3 years ago.

Great reason not to buy a PS4 or an XBone as well.

HintHRO said:
It's underpowered, 

I think playing the same games at home and portable is a pretty powerful feature. I'm having difficulty coming up with another device that is that powerful.

HintHRO said: 
only offers 2 or 3 worthy original games 

Two generation defining, GotY quality games. Two evergreen multiplayer games. Two new million-seller IPs. The obvious destination for non-demanding indie games for the next several years. 

Around the Network

How dare Nintendo allow the filthy peasants that couldn't afford or justify a WiiU purchase, to play it's games.
How dare Nintendo taint the purity of the WiiU's Exclusives.
How dare Nintendo permit the people who didn't support the WiiU to feel joy.

How dare Nintendo preserve their games.

Lucas-Rio said:
Green098 said:

I'm sure it's likely, while not just around the corner like these lower titles are, we've already got big new titles like Fire Emblem, Metroid Prime 4, Pokemon and Bayonetta 3 confirmed in development by Nintendo. Plus they'll of course announce more. So no need to lose all hope just yet.

I am not losing hope. I expect Nintendo to have a very strong second semester in 2018. They have a lot of potentials ammunitions and hit. But we should just admit that the first six months of 2018  is terrible for people who already had a Wii U.

It's good for Nintendo to make easy money with ports, but they should space release more carefully. I would have liked a strong game before July.

I agree with Lucas on this one, I have a Wii U and bought pretty much all of the 1st party games due to the incredible draught of games on the system and now I just feel like there is nothing new.

It's expected

The Switch was dead on arrival

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

I get ports part, but shovel ware!? Most of games that are showed today are pretty good games.

darkrulier said:

It seems like the Switch has become the platform of choice for not so old ports, a lot of them Wii U ports and shovel ware. Today in my Facebook feed I got blasted with announcements from Nintendo about Hyrule Warriors and DK Tropical Freeze not to mention the plethora of Wii U ports coming to the Switch.

Are you telling us a successful platform is getting loads of games?

Is this supposed to be a shocking revelation?

darkrulier said: 

In addition to this, have you guys checked out the eshop lately?

There are some great games in there.

darkrulier said: 

It is infested with shovel ware.

You better not be talking crap about Kamiko.

darkrulier said: 

I think this is not a good path for the Switch but, whatever, people seem to like to buy the same games over and over and over and over...

Sales success is a good path, not a bad one. Developers want to put games on it. That's a good thing.