By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Thoughts on the Switch's current 2018 Q1-Q2 lineup?

decent imho, even Mario Tennis Aces seems to have better effort put into it than Ultra Smash, the characters now have proper Tennis clothes and the Story Mode might be a game changer for its sales. I think putting HW in the second Half of 2018 and getting a brad new game in the first half would have made it look much better, now it looks like a port-fest, which is great for people like me who skipped the Wii U, but can be underwhelming for someone who owns one or wasn't interested in its lineup, still I think there's more to come, I wouldn't be surprised if TWEWY and/or Octopath released earlier than expected

Around the Network

I think people are forgetting that this is a mini. Cool your jets lol.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

It's just a mini, this isn't the heavy hitters (at least regarding first party). So many more ports coming that I honestly think we're going to get to a point where it's easier to list Wii U first party games that didn't get ported to the Switch. We know Fire Emblem is on its way, and an announcement of an Animal Crossing game for Switch this year seems inevitable.
I wouldn't hold my breath for Metroid Prime 4 or Pokemon. Those seem more like 2019 releases. If Nintendo wants a stronger third party lineup, they should considering bringing Overwatch to the Switch.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Why do people think a Direct focusing on new announcements is representative of the entire 2018 lineup?

This Direct clearly focused on new announcements but also left a note that this was only the first such video of the year.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

So far, it's fine.

Around the Network

Snk Heroines,Ys 9 and The World Ends with You make me very happy.

A decent start I'd say.

That's not very good. The average person isn't going to look twice at that list.

It doesn't really need to be good, though. The Switch is selling itself right now. If anything, Nintendo has probably realized that they can ease off the throttle a bit and release big games more slowly.

I enjoyed the direct but i have to say, for Wii u owners like myself, DLC aside, there wasn't really too much slated for me to get too excited about in the 1st few months of this year. Mario tennis is a definite. The Mario sports games are always amongst my favourites, even though Ultra Smash was a half-assed effort. DK i never had for the Wii u and looks moderately interesting to me, especially with the added bonus of playing as funky. However, not really my sort of game. I think it would have been more beneficial to Nintendo to get a brand new DK out there in the vein of Odyssey, which i actually really enjoyed. January is absolutely bare for 1st party, then you get 3 ports in 4 months. Bayo 2 i have on Wii u. The Celebi and Mew DLC for pokken looked cool and if it is implemented into the full game as an option to buy and is a decent priced bundle, then i may consider it as i skipped the game on Wii u. HW looked interesting with the extra stuff but played it to death on the Wii u. Considering the hype Nintendo managed to make us build on this direct, i see it as ok for existing fans but the games themselves shown imo will do very little to bring in new consumers.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Also, Kirby looked interesting but those sort of games only appeal to me if they are budget priced releases. Even if they had just shown and dated Yoshi and/or Pikmin 4, the games schedule would have looked a lot more appealing imo.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!