By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Thoughts on the Switch's current 2018 Q1-Q2 lineup?

It lacks a massive hit but has a bunch of mid tier titles.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

It's hardly as exciting as 2017 but that's not to say I find it bad...
I'll definitely be playing Kirby with me nephew...
I'm looking forward to being able to take Bayonetta anywhere...
Not see how I feel about Tropical Freeze yet...
Either way, I only just got the DLC for Breath of the Wild, and I should be getting Xenoblade 2 soon, so I won't feel deprived of games anytime soon...

Have a nice day...

Mario tennis needs to come out before May 8th, as that's my birthday and i will be dropping massive hints to my family about it!

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

I liked it. specially since I skipped the wii u. Never played dark souls so I think Ill get that. Y's I have never heard of before. Does not look bad. have to look into it more.

So 3 must buys
Dark souls
the world ends with you
bayoneta

2 maybes
Y's
DK

The rest is not for me.

I say thats pretty good for a partial first half of the year. Other games also coming like wolfenstein, and most likely a few more un announced for the first half as well.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Awful. Is E3 in February this year?

The only positive was that WiiU owners got a few more slaps in the face. I just wish they were top tier slaps.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network

Some of those wii u games might be big on switch since a lot of fans skipped the wii u. Also there's a whole new audience on switch who probably dint even look at what nintendo has offered before, so it can be interesting for some. Not saying its close to 2017, but the year just started and quantity alone already looks better in 2018.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

All ports and very little new. Not good. Wii U caliber lineup IMO.

RolStoppable said:
Cerebralbore101 said:
All ports and very little new. Not good. Wii U caliber lineup IMO.

Here, I'll refresh your memory. Wii U's first half of 2014:

February - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
May - Mario Kart 8

I didn't make any noteworthy omissions in this list.

So two big new games vs no big new games. They desperately need Octopath and Fire Emblem for the first half of 2018, and then they need two more heavy hitters. 

Is missing Atelier, Longest 5 minutes and penny punching princess for feb~mar, and others I don't remember now!

Decent it lacks something big like Breath Of The Wild which that alone doesn't make the line up look as good the first of 2017 was for the Switch. But on the flip side third party support is much better for the first half of 2018 then was the first half of 2017 and at any point then the Wii U's life.