By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If GTA will be set in Europe....

Which Country

UK 23 32.39%

Germany 11 15.49%

Italy 5 7.04%

France 6 8.45%

Turkey 1 1.41%

Russia 15 21.13%

Netherlands 7 9.86%

Other 3 4.23%

Total:71

I think the game works better with the USA, but if we're talking about Europe then I'd easily see the UK just for how whacky it can be.

If they chose a non-US region however, Brazil would be perfect for it

Around the Network
COKTOE said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

Rockstar North is a British development house. They've talked openly about how the 3D GTA titles were always suppose to be social commentary against the US and its way of life. So for them to make a GTA based in EU, or Britain... it would require them to fundamentally change their entire approach. They'd have to embarrass and rip on their own country, culture and way of life. I don't think they'd do that. 

OK. I want this comment to be taken as bro-dudely as possible. What he fuck are you talking about?!? Rockstar North is Scottish.

Cunts really should've gotten their independence!!!11!

COKTOE said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

Rockstar North is a British development house. They've talked openly about how the 3D GTA titles were always suppose to be social commentary against the US and its way of life. So for them to make a GTA based in EU, or Britain... it would require them to fundamentally change their entire approach. They'd have to embarrass and rip on their own country, culture and way of life. I don't think they'd do that. 

OK. I want this comment to be taken as bro-dudely as possible. What he fuck are you talking about?!? Rockstar North is Scottish.

Scotland is part of the island of Great Britain, so they are British If he said English I'd understand your point.

VGPolyglot said:
COKTOE said:

Scotland is part of the island of Great Britain, so they are British If he said English I'd understand your point.

When he said British, he meant English. I know it as surely as the smell of peanuts on somebody's breath.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
Errorist76 said:
AlfredoTurkey said:
A little known fact... the 3D GTA games have always been a way to knock the US and its society. Most people don't know that. So I'd be shocked if it were set in another country.

Prepare to be shocked in 3,2,1

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto:_London_1969

I’d like a totally ridiculous GTA Moskow with even more lunatics than in the US.

Did you miss the part where I said "3D"? Ever since GTA 3, the series become something else.

Errorist76 said:
COKTOE said:

Cunts really should've gotten their independence!!!11!

Aye!

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Netherlands would be cool, but I am pretty sure it will be based on London.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

bigjon said:
Netherlands would be cool, but I am pretty sure it will be based on London.

What would be the name of the anti hero if it was from nl?

It wont be. Will be set in miama florida. The first gta was based on 3 cities, la,miama and new york, on ps1. On ps2, they remade those cities being gta3 liberty city, vice city and san andreas. On ps3 they remade liberty city for gta4, they skipped miami and went to gta5 the san andreas equivalent. So they skipped miami/vice city, so it should be expected we see that next. Hopefully it is set in the 80s aswell. Being australian, imagine how cool if it was set Australia. Have the city and the outback, kangaroos, koalas and crocodiles, have some aboriginals as alies and the boomerang as a weapon lol. But you americans will have to adjust to driving on the left side of the road. I wouldt want it set in japan cause u got yakuza, the did china and london with the getaway. 

Last edited by KratosLives - on 11 January 2018