Which one do you think will sell more?

PSVR 18 21.18%

Switch 56 65.88%

Almost the same 7 8.24%

Results 4 4.71%

Total:85
OTBWY said:
DonFerrari said:

Have tried Elder Scroll games (and other WRPG) not my type of game, unfortunately. I believe the experience is superb and even better on VR, but not my cup of tea.

Thanks that you at least admitted to not have a PSVR. And sorry but quick expositions aren't the same as really immersing in some games, and also it will depend on the game you play.

Thank you for saying you don't pretend to have systems to talk bad about them (even though you had left the impression that you do own several VR systems, but think the idea is bad, so that was the classic pretense to have systems to say they are bad without backlash).

You are trying to spin your way out using semantics... nothing can be different by being the same, so sorry for you, your spin won't work. Being new doesn't mean being opposite. Or is PS4 opposite to PS3, that is opposite to PS2, etc? But they are new systems. Sure PSVR isn't new, nor I know of Skyrim doing something that wasn't done before on VR. But still it's a new way to play SKYRIM, that was his point.

Since when a gamertag is personal? Are you afraid to be exposed to not having played what you say you do? Mine and a lot of other users tags are here on the site.

I brought the Switch version, because I don't remember you on the thread talking about it complaining to people that justified the buy of it by it being portable.

The reason I think people with PS VR should get Skyrim is because there's very little else besides a handful of full games and a ton of fully priced tech demo's.

You don't have to take my word for it, but I did get some decent time playing Skyrim VR, because it really interested me. I love Skyrim so much that I wanted to have a go. But like I said, it is not a new experience for me. But besides that, even if I hadn't played it, it wouldn't affect the argument. The argument is still if Skyrim VR is a new experience.

I do own some VR systems (even GEAR VR that came with my S8), just not PSVR. I love VR, so I don't know where this argument comes from that I have anything against VR.

How in the world is that spin? It is Skyrim right? So it cannot by definition be a new experience since it is a different approach to an old experience. The follow up to that is that VR gives the new experience ( with tracking and motion control etc), but since many VR games already have this experience it makes the "new" moot. IF by your definition it IS a new experience, then the Switch version is ALSO a new way to play SKYRIM. It is that same argument that I disagree with.

I simply do not share anything like that with people I don't know. It is something that I only want to share with friends. If others share it on this site, then that's their choice. But even so, I wouldn't be able to show you anyway as you should already know why.

I don't remember any thread, but I do agree with the point that portability is a selling factor. The same way VR is a selling factor. People should buy both, PSVR owners moreso.

Who would buy a game in a genre they don't like due to a false notion that there isn't anything else to play? The attach ratio of game purchase on PSVR is reaching 6, so I would say it is very far from not having anything to play.

Nope, your argument was that Skyrim VR is not a new experience. The argument you countered with this was just that while Skrym on Switch is the same game played on the go the VR offers a new way to play SKYRIM... stop trying to make an argument of what wasn't argued.

So PSVR is a bad experience, but for some reason Gear VR from a cellphone is relevant because?

Again you are doing fallacy argument on it. It is a new way to play Skyrim not a new way to play games (you are the only one saying it), and sure you can argue that playing it on the go is a new way to play skyrim. But while playing skyrim on the go doesn't change anything at all about the game (or from when you play docked to when you play on the go the game change in any way?) while when you change the perspective, POV and how you interact with the world using VR you have a very different experience of Skyrim than you had on the regular view.

Do you lock all your accounts? Why not also lock your VGC account so no one that you don't know find you?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Errorist76 said:
OTBWY said:

tell me exactly what makes Skyrim VR a new experience compared to other VR games.

1 Are you for real?! No one said it was different to other VR games (which it still is since it's a massive 300 h RPG).

2 This whole thread and discussion was about you saying it not being different to the Switch version. Nice spin man.

OTBWY said: 

I do own some VR systems (even GEAR VR that came with my S8), just not PSVR. I love VR, so I don't know where this argument comes from that I have anything against VR.

3 That's exactly the only VR system that you own...A GearVR.

4 The argument btw comes from you making ridiculous statements beforehand. 

1 You keep twisting and putting words in my mouth. I never said that anyone said it was different to other VR games, it was a question. I keep repeating my point yet it doesn't stick with you. You're clearly out for something else dude.

2 Quote it. Where did I say that. Because I never started about the Switch version in this particular argument, you guys did.

3 Ok.

4 Yeah were done. You're upset about an argument you don't understand and you attack me with bogus statements. Read my comments again and cut the badmouthing, because I'm not replying to you again otherwise.

I like to see it doing well cos it's a great game, personally I play it on handheld, I never tried it on VR,though

OTBWY said: 

"You're not fooling anyone. You surely don't own VR and especially no PSVR!"

I do own VR devices, but not PSVR (Which I already said lol). I explained that I have a family member with PSVR. I have had plenty of time with it to form an opinion. But honestly, that's neither here nor there and has nothing to do with the argument.  If you don't like what I have to say, at least come with actual counterarguments. Otherwise i'm going to ignore further comments.

What Headsets do you own? Whats your Steam nickname to check your Steam VR library ?

DonFerrari said:
OTBWY said:

The reason I think people with PS VR should get Skyrim is because there's very little else besides a handful of full games and a ton of fully priced tech demo's.

You don't have to take my word for it, but I did get some decent time playing Skyrim VR, because it really interested me. I love Skyrim so much that I wanted to have a go. But like I said, it is not a new experience for me. But besides that, even if I hadn't played it, it wouldn't affect the argument. The argument is still if Skyrim VR is a new experience.

How in the world is that spin? It is Skyrim right? So it cannot by definition be a new experience since it is a different approach to an old experience. The follow up to that is that VR gives the new experience ( with tracking and motion control etc), but since many VR games already have this experience it makes the "new" moot. IF by your definition it IS a new experience, then the Switch version is ALSO a new way to play SKYRIM. It is that same argument that I disagree with.

I simply do not share anything like that with people I don't know. It is something that I only want to share with friends. If others share it on this site, then that's their choice. But even so, I wouldn't be able to show you anyway as you should already know why.

I don't remember any thread, but I do agree with the point that portability is a selling factor. The same way VR is a selling factor. People should buy both, PSVR owners moreso.

Who would buy a game in a genre they don't like due to a false notion that there isn't anything else to play? The attach ratio of game purchase on PSVR is reaching 6, so I would say it is very far from not having anything to play.

Nope, your argument was that Skyrim VR is not a new experience. The argument you countered with this was just that while Skrym on Switch is the same game played on the go the VR offers a new way to play SKYRIM... stop trying to make an argument of what wasn't argued.

So PSVR is a bad experience, but for some reason Gear VR from a cellphone is relevant because?

Again you are doing fallacy argument on it. It is a new way to play Skyrim not a new way to play games (you are the only one saying it), and sure you can argue that playing it on the go is a new way to play skyrim. But while playing skyrim on the go doesn't change anything at all about the game (or from when you play docked to when you play on the go the game change in any way?) while when you change the perspective, POV and how you interact with the world using VR you have a very different experience of Skyrim than you had on the regular view.

Do you lock all your accounts? Why not also lock your VGC account so no one that you don't know find you?

I'm going to ignore everything else because I finally got an actual response to the original argument.

Fallacy argument? First of all, you guys have been strawmanning the entire afternoon and now this? Please. Anyway, so finally you actually make an argument about the VR version, and you also compare it with the Switch version (which I already said is no new experience, on different). So my point is only focused on the VR version: Interacting in the world is something that Skyrim always had with free camera control and a pretty good control scheme. Making your hands move ingame is something that I have already seen before, it is however a different way of how you control your character in Skyrim and how you do combat. I could argue that the way you control the camera is very free and it's different, but it is just that, moving the camera.  I could move my camera in any direction before with the stick. Actually it could be limiting to people who play Skyrim in third person, but it is VR so I can understand the choice for 1st person only. Besides that there is no added content that is geared towards VR users. To close this argument, to me the experience wasn't new, just a different perspective in the world. And it was very enjoyable.

Around the Network
OTBWY said:

I'm going to ignore everything else because I finally got an actual response to the original argument.

Fallacy argument? First of all, you guys have been strawmanning the entire afternoon and now this? Please. Anyway, so finally you actually make an argument about the VR version, and you also compare it with the Switch version (which I already said is no new experience, on different). So my point is only focused on the VR version: Interacting in the world is something that Skyrim always had with free camera control and a pretty good control scheme. Making your hands move ingame is something that I have already seen before, it is however a different way of how you control your character in Skyrim and how you do combat. I could argue that the way you control the camera is very free and it's different, but it is just that, moving the camera.  I could move my camera in any direction before with the stick. Actually it could be limiting to people who play Skyrim in third person, but it is VR so I can understand the choice for 1st person only. Besides that there is no added content that is geared towards VR users. To close this argument, to me the experience wasn't new, just a different perspective in the world. And it was very enjoyable.

In Skyrim VR there is no "camera" to control. Its your own eyes looking in the world of skyrim. Vastly different expierence from using a stick to controll a camera stream on your tv.

DonFerrari said:
bowserthedog said:

We would need to know how many of the Skyrim vr units were from the discounted Christmas bundle.

Do you account every different price tag for every single game when you do comparisons or just when you want to diminish the sales on a 2M userbase against a 13M userbase?

With all due respect this is a different situation. We are talking about relatively low sales numbers on both platforms.  For a game like Uncharted 4 yes bundling is a factor but not so much of a factor because it sold millions on its own. But when you have a product that has sold 350k and there was a bundle during the entire period of time that it's been on sale you have to ask how many of these where bundled. Is it 50k? 100k? 150k?  A small amount of bundled sales can dramatically impact the overall sales when you're discussing numbers in these volumes. I'm happy its doing well on PSVR.. I'm a believer in VR and i want to see it continue to be a via platform and continue to grow. However, whenever you have such a low base of owners you're going to get really high attach rates since these are passionate early adopters.  For example when the Switch had sold 2 million units BOTW had sold almost 2 million units. As the Switch has grown into a mainstream success you aren't going to get those kind of attach rates. With PSVR you also have a situation where this was the key title for PSVR this Christmas. AAA full size experiences are few and far between on the platform so i can see this also impact sales. On Switch Skyrim is still competing against games like BOTW as well as Mario Kart 8 and Mario Odyssey.  Having said that I'm very please with the sales of Skyrim on Switch.  I don't see it taking long to reach 1 million sold ww when you include digital. This is a huge turnaround for Nintendo and a signal that more AAA M rated 3rd party titles will come and be profitable on the system. 

OTBWY said:
DonFerrari said:

Perhaps you don't know the concept of strawman... you were the one that brought the "not new experience" when the first person was saying it was a new way to experience Skyrim.. so you were attacking a point that was not made do divert from the original point, that is the strawman.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

bowserthedog said:
DonFerrari said:

Do you account every different price tag for every single game when you do comparisons or just when you want to diminish the sales on a 2M userbase against a 13M userbase?

With all due respect this is a different situation. We are talking about relatively low sales numbers on both platforms.  For a game like Uncharted 4 yes bundling is a factor but not so much of a factor because it sold millions on its own. But when you have a product that has sold 350k and there was a bundle during the entire period of time that it's been on sale you have to ask how many of these where bundled. Is it 50k? 100k? 150k?  A small amount of bundled sales can dramatically impact the overall sales when you're discussing numbers in these volumes. I'm happy its doing well on PSVR.. I'm a believer in VR and i want to see it continue to be a via platform and continue to grow. However, whenever you have such a low base of owners you're going to get really high attach rates since these are passionate early adopters.  For example when the Switch had sold 2 million units BOTW had sold almost 2 million units. As the Switch has grown into a mainstream success you aren't going to get those kind of attach rates. With PSVR you also have a situation where this was the key title for PSVR this Christmas. AAA full size experiences are few and far between on the platform so i can see this also impact sales. On Switch Skyrim is still competing against games like BOTW as well as Mario Kart 8 and Mario Odyssey.  Having said that I'm very please with the sales of Skyrim on Switch.  I don't see it taking long to reach 1 million sold ww when you include digital. This is a huge turnaround for Nintendo and a signal that more AAA M rated 3rd party titles will come and be profitable on the system. 

PSVR was already at 2M before the bundles and we didn't heard any milestones for it after, so sure it affected the sales (still for a system that was already over 1 year on the market, a game that is 6 year, and having cheaper bundles) we shouldn't use the bundle to discredit its sales.

But since we don't know the bundles sales there isn't much we can infer. Also its good that it sold sufficient on Switch and VR and will open space for more.

DonFerrari said:

PSVR was already at 2M before the bundles and we didn't heard any milestones for it after, so sure it affected the sales (still for a system that was already over 1 year on the market, a game that is 6 year, and having cheaper bundles) we shouldn't use the bundle to discredit its sales.

But since we don't know the bundles sales there isn't much we can infer. Also its good that it sold sufficient on Switch and VR and will open space for more.

I wouldn't discount the sales due to bundles.  It's just that you can't really compare the sales the the Switch numbers without knowing the whole story.