Which one do you think will sell more?

PSVR 18 21.18%

Switch 56 65.88%

Almost the same 7 8.24%

Results 4 4.71%

Total:85
habam said:
OTBWY said: 

I think you should buy it since you already have mentioned about every good title on the system that isn't a glorified tech demo. It is a must have for PS VR as far as i'm concerned, since it's a solid solid game. Good that you mention the Switch version, i'll address below.

- Farpoint

- Rigs

- Eve Valkyrie Wormhole

- Doom VFR

- Raw Data

- Dirt Rally

- Rez Infinite

- Sparc 

- Robinson the Journey

- Star Trek Bridge Crew

- Dino Frontier

- Paranormal Activity

- Starblood Arena

- Archangel

- Battlezone

- I expect you to die

- Statik

- Superhot VR

btw: by saying „vr is just a screen strapped to your face“ you already showed everybody here you never had a good quality vr expierence.

the switch version is the same Skyrim expierence but portable, just like playing GTA San Andreas on a smartphone.

Skyrim VR puts you in the game, gives you weapons in your own hands, add real scale to all objects. That’s a new expierence.

no need to keep the discussion going if you as me scince there isn’t much to discuss, that’s just how it is. 

Out of your list I can only see few worthwhile games, like Star Trek and Doom. I you have them all and you think they're all good and full games ( fairly priced too) then good for you.

"btw: by saying „vr is just a screen strapped to your face“ you already showed everybody here you never had a good quality vr expierence."

Way to take what I said out of context. Not even my exact words mate.

"
the switch version is the same Skyrim expierence but portable, just like playing GTA San Andreas on a smartphone."

Ah, so you according to you, you can compare other portable games with each other. So in that sense, how is Skyrim VR new compared to other VR games? Now remember, I never said Skyrim Switch was a new experience, just different, just like Skyrim VR is. But continue putting words in my mouth please.

"
Skyrim VR puts you in the game, gives you weapons in your own hands, add real scale to all objects. That’s a new expierence."

How new is that compared to any other VR game?

Look, it's going in a circle and you obviously don't want to continue either by the looks of your last sentence. So just leave it at disagreement.

Around the Network
OTBWY said:

Out of your list I can only see few worthwhile games, like Star Trek and Doom. I you have them all and you think they're all good and full games ( fairly priced too) then good for you.

Ah, so you according to you, you can compare other portable games with each other. So in that sense, how is Skyrim VR new compared to other VR games? Now remember, I never said Skyrim Switch was a new experience, just different, just like Skyrim VR is. But continue putting words in my mouth please.

1. most of those games are that good because they are in vr. I do know it sounds silly but most average games are already awesome just because they are in vr (at least to me).

farpoint is definitly my favorite first person shooter ever, the gameplay is so much above everything else I have played, it’s hard to put in words. 

This might or might not be because I’m a vr fan (I can’t tell for myself) but at least all the people I have demoed it, thought the same. 

I also don’t really have any reason to defend Sony or vr for no reason tbh. My first PlayStation ever was a ps4, never had a 2 or 3. consoles i own/owned where Wii, Wii U, ps4 and switch (+ gaming pc). I also had many Nintendo handhelds (gbc, gba, nds).

so I personally don’t see a reason why i should be biased honestly. I currently even own a ps4, psvr and switch and would rank them:

1. psvr 

2. switch

3. Ps4 

1. I personally don’t think playing a game portable is that much of a improvement compared to vr 

2. handheld are much longer around then vr so the expierence isn’t that new anymore in general 

3. Skyrim vr was the first aaa open world game for VR

4. There are tons of similar games on handhelds scince many years (eg on iPhone the „ravensword“ games. Even zelda was there before. Gta on phones and psp.

Pretty good sales for 6 year old games on platforms with small userbases.

bowserthedog said:
Boutros said:

No lol

The Skyrim VR bundle was $350 when the Gran Turismo VR bundle was $200. Anyone who bought the Skyrim VR bundle was almost getting scammed lol

Actually that price only came into effect on December 10th.  We are looking at sales numbers from before that.

You mean when it was $450? lol..

Good sales all around and fully deserved. I had never played Skyrim until I bought it on Switch, and it easily slots into my all time top 20. I hope these sales are good enough for Bethesda to keep supporting Switch. Would love to try it out in VR, I imagine it's spectacular.

Around the Network
OTBWY said: 

"btw: by saying „vr is just a screen strapped to your face“ you already showed everybody here you never had a good quality vr expierence."

OTBWY said:
Errorist76 said:

I know you’re just trolling, but care to elaborate what’s funny about him stating that fact?! It’s a completely different experience in VR.

Watch the Gamespot video on it if you must, it’s quite well made..and make sure to read the comments.

Not trolling. Just laughter. Because it's in no way a new experience. It's the same game with the screen attached to your face and basic (not even going to mention PSVR quality) motion features.

That's what you said word for word. And it definitely WAS the same context.

OTBWY said: 
Teeqoz said: 

It's definitely a new way to experience the game. I'm guessing you either haven't tried VR that much, or you're intentionally underselling the premise because it suits your argument, but it should be pretty obvious that Skyrim VR differs much more from the other versions of the game than Skyrim Switch does.

I actually have. But I also have other VR devices, and the PSVR makes it very difficult to get an enjoyable experience, let alone a new one. And it's only a new experience to fit your own argument because it's on a peripheral of your favourite platform. What is different about the game content wise? Is the control scheme with tracking unlike anything you have experienced before compared to other VR games? What is exactly new about it. I could get "different" experience. But new? No.

I don't believe you one bit. I've tried Rift and Vive again lately and I was shocked at how bad their screens were in comparison to PSVR. Less colorful and a much more noticeable screen door effect, despite their slightly higher resolutions.

I also highly doubt you have any VR experience or you wouldn't state that it doesn't change the experience. There is a huge difference between watching your character do stuff and actually BEING the character.

You're not fooling anyone. You surely don't own VR and especially no PSVR!

Errorist76 said:
OTBWY said: 

OTBWY said:

Not trolling. Just laughter. Because it's in no way a new experience. It's the same game with the screen attached to your face and basic (not even going to mention PSVR quality) motion features.

That's what you said word for word. And it definitely WAS the same context.

OTBWY said: 

I actually have. But I also have other VR devices, and the PSVR makes it very difficult to get an enjoyable experience, let alone a new one. And it's only a new experience to fit your own argument because it's on a peripheral of your favourite platform. What is different about the game content wise? Is the control scheme with tracking unlike anything you have experienced before compared to other VR games? What is exactly new about it. I could get "different" experience. But new? No.

I don't believe you one bit. I've tried Rift and Vive again lately and I was shocked at how bad their screens were in comparison to PSVR. Less colorful and a much more noticeable screen door effect, despite their slightly higher resolutions.

I also highly doubt you have any VR experience or you wouldn't state that it doesn't change the experience. There is a huge difference between watching your character do stuff and actually BEING the character.

You're not fooling anyone. You surely don't own VR and especially no PSVR!

Christ almighty.

"That's what you said word for word. And it definitely WAS the same context."

-vr is just a screen strapped to your face
-It's the same game with the screen attached to your face

This is not word for word, nor is it in any shape or form the same context. Stop it.

"I don't believe you one bit. I've tried Rift and Vive again lately and I was shocked at how bad their screens were in comparison to PSVR. Less colorful and a much more noticeable screen door effect, despite their slightly higher resolutions."

This is just ridiculous. You're going to tell me how I experienced PSVR? Are you kidding me? Why should I care if you believe me or not after what you just said. And if i'm honest, what you described is your experience. Not mine. I think the motion tracking of PSVR is subpar. That's my opinion. Don't like it? Get over it.

"I also highly doubt you have any VR experience or you wouldn't state that it doesn't change the experience. There is a huge difference between watching your character do stuff and actually BEING the character."

This is more nonsense. I don't care if you doubt what I have experienced and what I did play. All it is is not actually addressing my argument. Now moving on from that, tell me exactly what makes Skyrim VR a new experience compared to other VR games.

"You're not fooling anyone. You surely don't own VR and especially no PSVR!"

I do own VR devices, but not PSVR (Which I already said lol). I explained that I have a family member with PSVR. I have had plenty of time with it to form an opinion. But honestly, that's neither here nor there and has nothing to do with the argument.  If you don't like what I have to say, at least come with actual counterarguments. Otherwise i'm going to ignore further comments.

OTBWY said:

"I have quite good contents on VR and no interest in Skyrim or the previous Elder Scroll games, so nope, not an absolute buy... Driveclub VR and RE7 are certainly must buys.... some would also say there isn't much of interest to buy on Switch, but they would certainly be attacked as haters."

I think you should buy it since you already have mentioned about every good title on the system that isn't a glorified tech demo. It is a must have for PS VR as far as i'm concerned, since it's a solid solid game. Good that you mention the Switch version, i'll address below.

"It just seems you really don't have that much experience with it. Even watching 3D movie is a much better and different experience on the VR than using regular glasses."

If were talking about PS VR specifically, I don't own one. I will admit that (since I don't think it's worth it yet) but I have tried it many times since someone very close to me, a family member, has one. I am not impressed because I think the tracking on the thing is subpar. But I was spoiled by better more expensive VR alternatives.

"So you are one of those guys that say have every single platform as an excuse to attack things?"

I never said anything like that. For example, I don't own an Xbox One. And I don't know anyone close to me that has one for me to try out extensively. That's why you don't see me in Xbox threads.

"If an experience is different how is not new? You can't be different while being the same. And you are really not favoring your argument when you say you can't have an enjoyable experience with PSVR (or that is VERY DIFFICULT to have)."

Because something new means it has to absolutely be something "as opposed to". To say that something different is not the same as new. It's just a different way to do the same thing essentially. In this case it is different in the sense that it has controls and a VR experience opposed to other versions. VR isn't new and the control scheme isn't new. It has been implemented in other games, hence the argument.

"Please post your trophy achievements on PSVR titles for us to see all your extensive experience with it, preferentially including Skyrim that you seem to already have tested and know it isn't a new experience on the title."

No, I won't. Not going to share anything personal like that with strangers on a forum to win an argument.

"And I don't remember seeing you complaining and attacking people that said being portable was enough reason to buy skyrim in gangbuster. "

To address the Switch version. I never brought it up. You brought it up. I only talked about the sales of it, but I said nothing about that particular version. And If you want my opinion on it, it's the same. I am not going to pretend that it's a new experience because it's portable. It's just different, as opposed to other versions of the same game. My argument stands.

Have tried Elder Scroll games (and other WRPG) not my type of game, unfortunately. I believe the experience is superb and even better on VR, but not my cup of tea.

Thanks that you at least admitted to not have a PSVR. And sorry but quick expositions aren't the same as really immersing in some games, and also it will depend on the game you play.

Thank you for saying you don't pretend to have systems to talk bad about them (even though you had left the impression that you do own several VR systems, but think the idea is bad, so that was the classic pretense to have systems to say they are bad without backlash).

You are trying to spin your way out using semantics... nothing can be different by being the same, so sorry for you, your spin won't work. Being new doesn't mean being opposite. Or is PS4 opposite to PS3, that is opposite to PS2, etc? But they are new systems. Sure PSVR isn't new, nor I know of Skyrim doing something that wasn't done before on VR. But still it's a new way to play SKYRIM, that was his point.

Since when a gamertag is personal? Are you afraid to be exposed to not having played what you say you do? Mine and a lot of other users tags are here on the site.

I brought the Switch version, because I don't remember you on the thread talking about it complaining to people that justified the buy of it by it being portable.

HoangNhatAnh said:
habam said:

it still like nothing compared to vr

Yeah, VR can bring the whole world to you on the go

Please explain to me how the experience of the game change between playing on a tv or on HH screen for any game that doesn't depend on social interaction or geotag. Because being able to use the bathroom or commute playing doesn't change the game experience in itself. While the POV and immersion on VR is totally different.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
OTBWY said:

"I have quite good contents on VR and no interest in Skyrim or the previous Elder Scroll games, so nope, not an absolute buy... Driveclub VR and RE7 are certainly must buys.... some would also say there isn't much of interest to buy on Switch, but they would certainly be attacked as haters."

"It just seems you really don't have that much experience with it. Even watching 3D movie is a much better and different experience on the VR than using regular glasses."

If were talking about PS VR specifically, I don't own one. I will admit that (since I don't think it's worth it yet) but I have tried it many times since someone very close to me, a family member, has one. I am not impressed because I think the tracking on the thing is subpar. But I was spoiled by better more expensive VR alternatives.

"So you are one of those guys that say have every single platform as an excuse to attack things?"

I never said anything like that. For example, I don't own an Xbox One. And I don't know anyone close to me that has one for me to try out extensively. That's why you don't see me in Xbox threads.

"If an experience is different how is not new? You can't be different while being the same. And you are really not favoring your argument when you say you can't have an enjoyable experience with PSVR (or that is VERY DIFFICULT to have)."

Because something new means it has to absolutely be something "as opposed to". To say that something different is not the same as new. It's just a different way to do the same thing essentially. In this case it is different in the sense that it has controls and a VR experience opposed to other versions. VR isn't new and the control scheme isn't new. It has been implemented in other games, hence the argument.

"Please post your trophy achievements on PSVR titles for us to see all your extensive experience with it, preferentially including Skyrim that you seem to already have tested and know it isn't a new experience on the title."

No, I won't. Not going to share anything personal like that with strangers on a forum to win an argument.

"And I don't remember seeing you complaining and attacking people that said being portable was enough reason to buy skyrim in gangbuster. "

To address the Switch version. I never brought it up. You brought it up. I only talked about the sales of it, but I said nothing about that particular version. And If you want my opinion on it, it's the same. I am not going to pretend that it's a new experience because it's portable. It's just different, as opposed to other versions of the same game. My argument stands.

Have tried Elder Scroll games (and other WRPG) not my type of game, unfortunately. I believe the experience is superb and even better on VR, but not my cup of tea.

Thanks that you at least admitted to not have a PSVR. And sorry but quick expositions aren't the same as really immersing in some games, and also it will depend on the game you play.

Thank you for saying you don't pretend to have systems to talk bad about them (even though you had left the impression that you do own several VR systems, but think the idea is bad, so that was the classic pretense to have systems to say they are bad without backlash).

You are trying to spin your way out using semantics... nothing can be different by being the same, so sorry for you, your spin won't work. Being new doesn't mean being opposite. Or is PS4 opposite to PS3, that is opposite to PS2, etc? But they are new systems. Sure PSVR isn't new, nor I know of Skyrim doing something that wasn't done before on VR. But still it's a new way to play SKYRIM, that was his point.

Since when a gamertag is personal? Are you afraid to be exposed to not having played what you say you do? Mine and a lot of other users tags are here on the site.

I brought the Switch version, because I don't remember you on the thread talking about it complaining to people that justified the buy of it by it being portable.

The reason I think people with PS VR should get Skyrim is because there's very little else besides a handful of full games and a ton of fully priced tech demo's.

You don't have to take my word for it, but I did get some decent time playing Skyrim VR, because it really interested me. I love Skyrim so much that I wanted to have a go. But like I said, it is not a new experience for me. But besides that, even if I hadn't played it, it wouldn't affect the argument. The argument is still if Skyrim VR is a new experience.

I do own some VR systems (even GEAR VR that came with my S8), just not PSVR. I love VR, so I don't know where this argument comes from that I have anything against VR.

How in the world is that spin? It is Skyrim right? So it cannot by definition be a new experience since it is a different approach to an old experience. The follow up to that is that VR gives the new experience ( with tracking and motion control etc), but since many VR games already have this experience it makes the "new" moot. IF by your definition it IS a new experience, then the Switch version is ALSO a new way to play SKYRIM. It is that same argument that I disagree with.

I simply do not share anything like that with people I don't know. It is something that I only want to share with friends. If others share it on this site, then that's their choice. But even so, I wouldn't be able to show you anyway as you should already know why.

I don't remember any thread, but I do agree with the point that portability is a selling factor. The same way VR is a selling factor. People should buy both, PSVR owners moreso.

OTBWY said:

tell me exactly what makes Skyrim VR a new experience compared to other VR games.

Are you for real?! No one said it was different to other VR games (which it still is since it's a massive 300 h RPG).

This whole thread and discussion was about you saying it not being different to the Switch version. Nice spin man.

OTBWY said: 

I do own some VR systems (even GEAR VR that came with my S8), just not PSVR. I love VR, so I don't know where this argument comes from that I have anything against VR.

That's exactly the only VR system that you own...A GearVR.

The argument btw comes from you making ridiculous statements beforehand.