Which one do you think will sell more?

PSVR 18 21.18%

Switch 56 65.88%

Almost the same 7 8.24%

Results 4 4.71%

Total:85
OTBWY said:
Teeqoz said:

It's definitely a new way to experience the game. I'm guessing you either haven't tried VR that much, or you're intentionally underselling the premise because it suits your argument, but it should be pretty obvious that Skyrim VR differs much more from the other versions of the game than Skyrim Switch does.

I actually have. But I also have other VR devices, and the PSVR makes it very difficult to get an enjoyable experience, let alone a new one. And it's only a new experience to fit your own argument because it's on a peripheral of your favourite platform. What is different about the game content wise? Is the control scheme with tracking unlike anything you have experienced before compared to other VR games? What is exactly new about it. I could get "different" experience. But new? No.

It's not about "compared to other games". It's about compared to other versions of Skyrim. If you actually can't admit that Skyrim VR offers a new, much more different way to experience Skyrim than Skyrim Switch does than it's no point continuing this discussion.

There is no difference contentwise. But that's not the only thing that influences your experience. Resident Evil 4 on Wii, and Metroid Prime 1&2 on the Wii were new experiences due to the control scheme which affects gameplay. Even though they had the same content as their original releases. I don't get why you're so hung up on the exact platform it's on. I don't care if it's PSVR or HTC Vive or Oculus.

Wether you think that way is enjoyable or not because of PSVR's and the PS4's limitations is another question entirely, but that doesn't detract from the fact that it is.... new.

Around the Network
bowserthedog said:
DonFerrari said:

I thought you would disagree.

Argument on VGC is that userbases are mandatory arguments on the game sales.

So considering right now PSVR is at about 2M users and Switch is at 13M (7.5x) - 3.5x was at launch of the game, and both have the game selling similar numbers we can say that by VGC argumentation PSVR is actually selling 10x better than Switch version

We would need to know how many of the Skyrim vr units were from the discounted Christmas bundle.

Do you account every different price tag for every single game when you do comparisons or just when you want to diminish the sales on a 2M userbase against a 13M userbase?

OTBWY said:
DonFerrari said:

So considering right now PSVR is at about 2M users and Switch is at 13M (7.5x) - 3.5x was at launch of the game, and both have the game selling similar numbers we can say that by VGC argumentation PSVR is actually selling 10x better than Switch version

But be honest. PSVR owners should have absolutely bought Skyrim VR. There is very little else that's interesting on it. Switch owners had so much other releases that month, Mario from the month previous.

I have quite good contents on VR and no interest in Skyrim or the previous Elder Scroll games, so nope, not an absolute buy... Driveclub VR and RE7 are certainly must buys.... some would also say there isn't much of interest to buy on Switch, but they would certainly be attacked as haters.

Alkibiádēs said:
OTBWY said:

lmao.

This is coming from the same guy who said that PS2 classics like Ratchet & Clank and God of War being playable on the Vita is better than the entire Switch library.

I don't think you have any moral higher ground to accuse him of anything.

OTBWY said:
Errorist76 said:

I know you’re just trolling, but care to elaborate what’s funny about him stating that fact?! It’s a completely different experience in VR.

Watch the Gamespot video on it if you must, it’s quite well made..and make sure to read the comments.

Not trolling. Just laughter. Because it's in no way a new experience. It's the same game with the screen attached to your face and basic (not even going to mention PSVR quality) motion features.

It just seems you really don't have that much experience with it. Even watching 3D movie is a much better and different experience on the VR than using regular glasses.

OTBWY said:
Teeqoz said:

It's definitely a new way to experience the game. I'm guessing you either haven't tried VR that much, or you're intentionally underselling the premise because it suits your argument, but it should be pretty obvious that Skyrim VR differs much more from the other versions of the game than Skyrim Switch does.

I actually have. But I also have other VR devices, and the PSVR makes it very difficult to get an enjoyable experience, let alone a new one. And it's only a new experience to fit your own argument because it's on a peripheral of your favourite platform. What is different about the game content wise? Is the control scheme with tracking unlike anything you have experienced before compared to other VR games? What is exactly new about it. I could get "different" experience. But new? No.

So you are one of those guys that say have every single platform as an excuse to attack things?

If an experience is different how is not new? You can't be different while being the same. And you are really not favoring your argument when you say you can't have an enjoyable experience with PSVR (or that is VERY DIFFICULT to have).

Please post your trophy achievements on PSVR titles for us to see all your extensive experience with it, preferentially including Skyrim that you seem to already have tested and know it isn't a new experience on the title.

And I don't remember seeing you complaining and attacking people that said being portable was enough reason to buy skyrim in gangbuster. 

Spindel said:
DonFerrari said:

Can't also the same argument that was made for almost every game that sold well on Switch during 2017 be made about Skyrim VR?

The argument that there are no/few good games for VR and the VR audience is starved of good games and thus Skyrim VR will sell well?

Sure that argument can be made (even though there are over a hundred titles for VR, and the attach ratio is like 4-6). But I hope that this example can show some people that the "the userbase is half so it isn't fair to compare the sales of the versions" (for games that have like 10% attach ratio).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

"I have quite good contents on VR and no interest in Skyrim or the previous Elder Scroll games, so nope, not an absolute buy... Driveclub VR and RE7 are certainly must buys.... some would also say there isn't much of interest to buy on Switch, but they would certainly be attacked as haters."

I think you should buy it since you already have mentioned about every good title on the system that isn't a glorified tech demo. It is a must have for PS VR as far as i'm concerned, since it's a solid solid game. Good that you mention the Switch version, i'll address below.

"It just seems you really don't have that much experience with it. Even watching 3D movie is a much better and different experience on the VR than using regular glasses."

If were talking about PS VR specifically, I don't own one. I will admit that (since I don't think it's worth it yet) but I have tried it many times since someone very close to me, a family member, has one. I am not impressed because I think the tracking on the thing is subpar. But I was spoiled by better more expensive VR alternatives.

"So you are one of those guys that say have every single platform as an excuse to attack things?"

I never said anything like that. For example, I don't own an Xbox One. And I don't know anyone close to me that has one for me to try out extensively. That's why you don't see me in Xbox threads.

"If an experience is different how is not new? You can't be different while being the same. And you are really not favoring your argument when you say you can't have an enjoyable experience with PSVR (or that is VERY DIFFICULT to have)."

Because something new means it has to absolutely be something "as opposed to". To say that something different is not the same as new. It's just a different way to do the same thing essentially. In this case it is different in the sense that it has controls and a VR experience opposed to other versions. VR isn't new and the control scheme isn't new. It has been implemented in other games, hence the argument.

"Please post your trophy achievements on PSVR titles for us to see all your extensive experience with it, preferentially including Skyrim that you seem to already have tested and know it isn't a new experience on the title."

No, I won't. Not going to share anything personal like that with strangers on a forum to win an argument.

"And I don't remember seeing you complaining and attacking people that said being portable was enough reason to buy skyrim in gangbuster. "

To address the Switch version. I never brought it up. You brought it up. I only talked about the sales of it, but I said nothing about that particular version. And If you want my opinion on it, it's the same. I am not going to pretend that it's a new experience because it's portable. It's just different, as opposed to other versions of the same game. My argument stands.

OTBWY said: 

I think you should buy it since you already have mentioned about every good title on the system that isn't a glorified tech demo. It is a must have for PS VR as far as i'm concerned, since it's a solid solid game. Good that you mention the Switch version, i'll address below.

- Farpoint

- Rigs

- Eve Valkyrie Wormhole

- Doom VFR

- Raw Data

- Dirt Rally

- Rez Infinite

- Sparc 

- Robinson the Journey

- Star Trek Bridge Crew

- Dino Frontier

- Paranormal Activity

- Starblood Arena

- Archangel

- Battlezone

- I expect you to die

- Statik

- Superhot VR

btw: by saying „vr is just a screen strapped to your face“ you already showed everybody here you never had a good quality vr expierence.

the switch version is the same Skyrim expierence but portable, just like playing GTA San Andreas on a smartphone.

Skyrim VR puts you in the game, gives you weapons in your own hands, add real scale to all objects. That’s a new expierence.

no need to keep the discussion going if you as me scince there isn’t much to discuss, that’s just how it is. 

Dr.Vita said:
PSVR version will hopefully sell more because it's actually a new experience of the game unlike the Switch version.

Definitely, i can play Skyrim with Zelda skin on ps4 anywhere

Around the Network
habam said:
FarleyMcFirefly said:

Um... Skyrim is now portable and has added motion controls. That sounds like a new experience of the game to me.

it still like nothing compared to vr

Yeah, VR can bring the whole world to you on the go

HoangNhatAnh said:

Not exaclty

VR can bring me into the world like it would be reality. If you play skRim vr and be in a Forrest, it will just feel and look like you would really be in a forest currently and not in your living room anymore.

the switch lets me watch the world of Skyrim „through a window“ on the go. Basically the same as playing GTA San Andreas on a iPhone. Or a technical more advanced way to take a picture of a Forrest with me which I can look at anywhere. 

The one  can basically teleport me into a Games world , the other one gives me the ability to watch a games world wherever I want. But that was already possible before, started basically with the first handhelds. It’s still the same expierence, Justin with bigger games and better graphics 

btw I actually do own a switch and like the console, but playing portable just doesn’t compare to VR.

Last edited by habam - on 24 January 2018

Errorist76 said:
OTBWY said:

lmao.

I know you’re just trolling, but care to elaborate what’s funny about him stating that fact?! It’s a completely different experience in VR.

Watch the Gamespot video on it if you must, it’s quite well made..and make sure to read the comments.

Correct, VR on cars, trains, toilets and planes are the best

habam said:
OTBWY said: 

- Farpoint

- Rigs

- Eve Valkyrie Wormhole

- Doom VFR

- Raw Data

- Dirt Rally

- Rez Infinite

- Sparc 

- Robinson the Journey

- Star Trek Bridge Crew

- Dino Frontier

- Paranormal Activity

- Starblood Arena

- Archangel

- Battlezone

- I expect you to die

- Statik

- Superhot VR

btw: by saying „vr is just a screen strapped to your face“ you already showed everybody here you never had a good quality vr expierence.

the switch version is the same Skyrim expierence but portable, just like playing GTA San Andreas on a smartphone.

Skyrim VR puts you in the game, gives you weapons in your own hands, add real scale to all objects. That’s a new expierence.

no need to keep the discussion going if you as me scince there isn’t much to discuss, that’s just how it is. 

Great, can't wait to use master sword and hylian shield in Skyrim for ps vr

habam said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Not exaclty

VR can bring me into the world like it would be reality. If you play skRim vr and be in a Forrest, it will just feel and look like you would really be in a forest currently and not in your living room anymore.

the switch lets me watch the world of Skyrim „through a window“ on the go. Basically the same as playing GTA San Andreas on a iPhone. Or a technical more advanced way to take a picture of a Forrest with me which I can look at anywhere. 

The one  can basically teleport me into a Games world , the other one gives me the ability to watch a games world wherever I want. But that was already possible before, started basically with the first handhelds. It’s still the same expierence, Justin with bigger games and better graphics 

btw I actually do own a switch and like the console, but playing portable just doesn’t compare to VR.

Absolutely correct, especially when taking down a big dragon with Master Sword and Champion's Tunic on PS VR