Which one do you think will sell more?

PSVR 18 21.18%

Switch 56 65.88%

Almost the same 7 8.24%

Results 4 4.71%

Total:85
Darwinianevolution said:
Alkibiádēs said:
This is like comparing Wii Sports sales to Wii Sports Resort.

Makes no sense.

I don't get the comparaison. Care to elaborate?

Wii Sports was heavily bundled, Wii Sports Resort was not. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Around the Network
Alkibiádēs said:
Darwinianevolution said:

I don't get the comparaison. Care to elaborate?

Is Skyrim VR that heavily bundled? I'd compare it more with GTA V levels of bundling, at best.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Alkibiádēs said:
OTBWY said:

lmao.

This is coming from the same guy who said that PS2 classics like Ratchet & Clank and God of War being playable on the Vita is better than the entire Switch library.

Much more ridiculous things were said though, like the Switch being a flop if it doesn't sell combined DS and Wii numbers (basically 250m). Habam should not repeat that nonsense.

Darwinianevolution said:
Alkibiádēs said:

Is Skyrim VR that heavily bundled? I'd compare it more with GTA V levels of bundling, at best.

No lol

The Skyrim VR bundle was $350 when the Gran Turismo VR bundle was $200. Anyone who bought the Skyrim VR bundle was almost getting scammed lol

Last edited by Boutros - on 23 January 2018

Boutros said:
Darwinianevolution said:

No lol

The Skyrim VR bundle was $350 when the Gran Turismo VR bundle was $200. Anyone who bought the Skyrim VR bundle was almost getting scammed lol

Actually that price only came into effect on December 10th.  We are looking at sales numbers from before that.

Around the Network
OTBWY said:
Dr.Vita said:
PSVR version will hopefully sell more because it's actually a new experience of the game unlike the Switch version.

lmao.

I know you’re just trolling, but care to elaborate what’s funny about him stating that fact?! It’s a completely different experience in VR.

Watch the Gamespot video on it if you must, it’s quite well made..and make sure to read the comments.

Errorist76 said:
OTBWY said:

lmao.

I know you’re just trolling, but care to elaborate what’s funny about him stating that fact?! It’s a completely different experience in VR.

Watch the Gamespot video on it if you must, it’s quite well made..and make sure to read the comments.

Not trolling. Just laughter. Because it's in no way a new experience. It's the same game with the screen attached to your face and basic (not even going to mention PSVR quality) motion features.

OTBWY said:
Errorist76 said:

Not trolling. Just laughter. Because it's in no way a new experience. It's the same game with the screen attached to your face and basic (not even going to mention PSVR quality) motion features.

It's definitely a new way to experience the game. I'm guessing you either haven't tried VR that much, or you're intentionally underselling the premise because it suits your argument, but it should be pretty obvious that Skyrim VR differs much more from the other versions of the game than Skyrim Switch does.

Teeqoz said:
OTBWY said:

It's definitely a new way to experience the game. I'm guessing you either haven't tried VR that much, or you're intentionally underselling the premise because it suits your argument, but it should be pretty obvious that Skyrim VR differs much more from the other versions of the game than Skyrim Switch does.

I actually have. But I also have other VR devices, and the PSVR makes it very difficult to get an enjoyable experience, let alone a new one. And it's only a new experience to fit your own argument because it's on a peripheral of your favourite platform. What is different about the game content wise? Is the control scheme with tracking unlike anything you have experienced before compared to other VR games? What is exactly new about it. I could get "different" experience. But new? No.

DonFerrari said:
habam said:

What? the Switch has a installed hw base 5x as big as the PSVR. Digital sales are most likely much bigger on PSVR (basically need a sd card for switch).

So the attachmant rate is WAY higher. But Skyrim VR is one of the most mindblowing and outstanding achievements in video game history so its not surprising.  

I thought you would disagree.

Argument on VGC is that userbases are mandatory arguments on the game sales.

So considering right now PSVR is at about 2M users and Switch is at 13M (7.5x) - 3.5x was at launch of the game, and both have the game selling similar numbers we can say that by VGC argumentation PSVR is actually selling 10x better than Switch version

Can't also the same argument that was made for almost every game that sold well on Switch during 2017 be made about Skyrim VR?

The argument that there are no/few good games for VR and the VR audience is starved of good games and thus Skyrim VR will sell well?