Which one do you think will sell more?

PSVR 18 21.18%

Switch 56 65.88%

Almost the same 7 8.24%

Results 4 4.71%

Total:85
bowserthedog said:
DonFerrari said:

PSVR was already at 2M before the bundles and we didn't heard any milestones for it after, so sure it affected the sales (still for a system that was already over 1 year on the market, a game that is 6 year, and having cheaper bundles) we shouldn't use the bundle to discredit its sales.

But since we don't know the bundles sales there isn't much we can infer. Also its good that it sold sufficient on Switch and VR and will open space for more.

I wouldn't discount the sales due to bundles.  It's just that you can't really compare the sales the the Switch numbers without knowing the whole story. 

I do agree, still to have higher sales on a 2M base against a 13M is in itself an achievement. Even more considering PS4 base already played the skyrim on PS3 and PS4 while Switch userbase would be the first Elders Scroll in like a lifetime?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
OTBWY said:
Errorist76 said:

1 Are you for real?! No one said it was different to other VR games (which it still is since it's a massive 300 h RPG).

2 This whole thread and discussion was about you saying it not being different to the Switch version. Nice spin man.

3 That's exactly the only VR system that you own...A GearVR.

4 The argument btw comes from you making ridiculous statements beforehand. 

1 You keep twisting and putting words in my mouth. I never said that anyone said it was different to other VR games, it was a question. I keep repeating my point yet it doesn't stick with you. You're clearly out for something else dude.

2 Quote it. Where did I say that. Because I never started about the Switch version in this particular argument, you guys did.

3 Ok.

4 Yeah were done. You're upset about an argument you don't understand and you attack me with bogus statements. Read my comments again and cut the badmouthing, because I'm not replying to you again otherwise.

I’m upset because you seem to think you can play us all for a fool. It’s not working so you now try to spin what you said in another’s direction. 

There is no need for badmouthing, you do it all yourself. And yes, please better stop it before it gets even worse.

Darwinianevolution said:
Random_Matt said:
If those numbers are there or there abouts, there goes the Switch support from Bethesda.

Why? It's a five-six year old game at full price after the other versions have been heavily discounted for years. The fact it's doing well enough to merit the port is good enough for Bethesda, I bet the porting wasn't that expensive (no mods allowed and no real update for all the miriad of bugs still present).

Off topic, but it's grotesque that this is the case. I knew about the bugs and glitches still being there thanks to some youtube vids, and expected nothing less with a Bethesda developed game. Some of them straight-up ruin quests, and are borderline game breaking. How they get way with this over and over again is beyond me.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

halil23 said:

@ HoangNhatAnh

Please stop responding to everyone comments, it so childish, ignorance and missing the whole point.

Do you like embarrassing yourself or something?!?

What is embarrassing? Is it food or something? And you are right, something is missing here. I want to get new experience of ps vr with Master Sword, Hylian Shield and Champion's Tunic to beat final boss in Skyrim for ps vr but still can't get them yet

Errorist76 said:
OTBWY said:

1 You keep twisting and putting words in my mouth. I never said that anyone said it was different to other VR games, it was a question. I keep repeating my point yet it doesn't stick with you. You're clearly out for something else dude.

2 Quote it. Where did I say that. Because I never started about the Switch version in this particular argument, you guys did.

3 Ok.

4 Yeah were done. You're upset about an argument you don't understand and you attack me with bogus statements. Read my comments again and cut the badmouthing, because I'm not replying to you again otherwise.

I’m upset because you seem to think you can play us all for a fool. It’s not working so you now try to spin what you said in another’s direction. 

There is no need for badmouthing, you do it all yourself. And yes, please better stop it before it gets even worse.

Whatever man. Don is the only one that actually had somewhat of an argument concerning the original subject. But he failed to properly give a counterargument.

But yeah, this isn't about anything ontopic anymore. Have fun getting overly sensitive over nothing.

Around the Network
COKTOE said:
Darwinianevolution said:

Why? It's a five-six year old game at full price after the other versions have been heavily discounted for years. The fact it's doing well enough to merit the port is good enough for Bethesda, I bet the porting wasn't that expensive (no mods allowed and no real update for all the miriad of bugs still present).

Off topic, but it's grotesque that this is the case. I knew about the bugs and glitches still being there thanks to some youtube vids, and expected nothing less with a Bethesda developed game. Some of them straight-up ruin quests, and are borderline game breaking. How they get way with this over and over again is beyond me.

People overlook a lot of issues to play what they think is good... and by doing it at every time, the dev won't really care to change.

OTBWY said:
Errorist76 said:

Whatever man. Don is the only one that actually had somewhat of an argument concerning the original subject. But he failed to properly give a counterargument.

But yeah, this isn't about anything ontopic anymore. Have fun getting overly sensitive over nothing.

Everyone will fail to give an counter argument for an argument they aren't making.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I'd say it's pretty obvious that VR would outsell the Switch version. People who own a Switch own it to play Nintendo games. That's why Zelda/Mario/Splatoon/etc sell millions upon millions of copies whereas AAA non-Nintendo games will struggle on the Switch. The people who play non-Nintendo games likely already have another system to play them on, so buying a visually downgraded Switch version isn't too appealing outside of the portability factor.

Megiddo said:

I'd say it's pretty obvious that VR would outsell the Switch version. People who own a Switch own it to play Nintendo games. That's why Zelda/Mario/Splatoon/etc sell millions upon millions of copies whereas AAA non-Nintendo games will struggle on the Switch. The people who play non-Nintendo games likely already have another system to play them on, so buying a visually downgraded Switch version isn't too appealing outside of the portability factor.

Except some games on Switch outsold other systems as we see new article almost every week

bowserthedog said:

With all due respect this is a different situation. We are talking about relatively low sales numbers on both platforms.  For a game like Uncharted 4 yes bundling is a factor but not so much of a factor because it sold millions on its own. But when you have a product that has sold 350k and there was a bundle during the entire period of time that it's been on sale you have to ask how many of these where bundled. Is it 50k? 100k? 150k?  A small amount of bundled sales can dramatically impact the overall sales when you're discussing numbers in these volumes. I'm happy its doing well on PSVR.. I'm a believer in VR and i want to see it continue to be a via platform and continue to grow. However, whenever you have such a low base of owners you're going to get really high attach rates since these are passionate early adopters.  For example when the Switch had sold 2 million units BOTW had sold almost 2 million units. As the Switch has grown into a mainstream success you aren't going to get those kind of attach rates. With PSVR you also have a situation where this was the key title for PSVR this Christmas. AAA full size experiences are few and far between on the platform so i can see this also impact sales. On Switch Skyrim is still competing against games like BOTW as well as Mario Kart 8 and Mario Odyssey.  Having said that I'm very please with the sales of Skyrim on Switch.  I don't see it taking long to reach 1 million sold ww when you include digital. This is a huge turnaround for Nintendo and a signal that more AAA M rated 3rd party titles will come and be profitable on the system. 

People bought the bundle because they wanted to play skyrim in vr, otherwhise they would have bought the much cheaper GT Sports bundle. 

Kyuu said:

This is a flawed argument, because it assumes PSVR owners to have zero interest in standard PS4 games. PSVR requires a PS4, which has a huge library.

Yeah thats actually true for most people. If you own a VR, there arnt much reasons to play normal PS4 games on your tv anymore.