Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo: Switch owners can expect more support from Activision, Take-Two and others

Shiken said:
KLXVER said:
Don't think GTAV will be this year since the 64GB card isn't until 2019.

Partial download.

Ugh...well its one of the very few games Ill still get if that is the case. I hate when they do that.



Around the Network
KLXVER said:
Shiken said:

Partial download.

Ugh...well its one of the very few games Ill still get if that is the case. I hate when they do that.

I have a feeling it will be.  If they used a 16 gig card with partial download for LA Noir when it could have fit on a 32 gig, I don't see them dropping the money for a 64, even if it wasn't delayed.



Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Shiken said:
KLXVER said:

Ugh...well its one of the very few games Ill still get if that is the case. I hate when they do that.

I have a feeling it will be.  If they used a 16 gig card with partial download for LA Noir when it could have fit on a 32 gig, I don't see them dropping the money for a 64, even if it wasn't delayed.

Well hopefully they at least use a 32GB card. I think they could charge 60 bucks for this game and it would still sell well.



KLXVER said:
Shiken said:

I have a feeling it will be.  If they used a 16 gig card with partial download for LA Noir when it could have fit on a 32 gig, I don't see them dropping the money for a 64, even if it wasn't delayed.

Well hopefully they at least use a 32GB card. I think they could charge 60 bucks for this game and it would still sell well.

I agree.  A 32 gig card would still justify the purchase of physical, as it would cut the required storage space in half.  What they actually use though is anyones guess.

 

I am with you on the full physical releases though.  I have accepted that the partial install is likely going to be the norm when it comes to big 3rd party games.  It does not mean I am happy about it though.



Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

spurgeonryan said:
I want support from Acclaim. Then I would be impressed!

Acclaim is dead, mate. They dissolved in 2010.



Gameplay > Graphics

Substance > Style

Art Direction > Realism

Around the Network
GoOnKid said:
spurgeonryan said:
I want support from Acclaim. Then I would be impressed!

Acclaim is dead, mate. They dissolved in 2010.

I think thats the joke bud.  XD



Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Shiken said:
GoOnKid said:

Acclaim is dead, mate. They dissolved in 2010.

I think thats the joke bud.  XD

Oh damn, I fell for it xD



Gameplay > Graphics

Substance > Style

Art Direction > Realism

AlfredoTurkey said:
Cobretti2 said:
As long as they stop using those small carts and make u download 80% of the game I will buy.

This turned me of WWE,

Here here! I don't give a shit if the next Zelda forces me to download 80% of the game... I won't buy. I made my idealistic stance on that awhile back and I'm sticking to it. The day I can't go to the store or go online and buy a physical game, pop it in and play is the day my NES,SNES,Genesis,N64 and every other pre-360 year console becomes my permanent playground. 

I just refuse. Absolutely refuse.

I imagine a post apocalyptic world (5 years from now) where everyone is downloading their games digitally while one lone survivor scavenges the ruins of old society (Gamestop) to find the last remaining physical game copies and part replacements for ancient consoles.



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

Here here! I don't give a shit if the next Zelda forces me to download 80% of the game... I won't buy. I made my idealistic stance on that awhile back and I'm sticking to it. The day I can't go to the store or go online and buy a physical game, pop it in and play is the day my NES,SNES,Genesis,N64 and every other pre-360 year console becomes my permanent playground. 

I just refuse. Absolutely refuse.

I imagine a post apocalyptic world (5 years from now) where everyone is downloading their games digitally while one lone survivor scavenges the ruins of old society (Gamestop) to find the last remaining physical game copies and part replacements for ancient consoles.

Sadly, this sounds accurate...



Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Real support? or is it the old "support" to help them fund their AAA titles on other platforms again?



If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints