By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo: Switch owners can expect more support from Activision, Take-Two and others

irstupid said:
vivster said:

I am fairly certain that in a world without Internet we're gonna have a few bigger problems than games. Hunger, disease and war for example.

You brought up the post apocalyptic scenario. We were just proving that in that scenario, physical games would be ideal.

It was obviously meant as the post apocalyptic scenario just for the guy who refuses to buy digital, not for everyone. He will be scrounging around malls trying to find physical copies while the rest of us will just play convenient games.

Physical games won't be better in  a post apocalyptic world anyway because there is no power and we will all be dead anyway.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Has Activision ever released something for Switch?

Miyamotoo said:
KLXVER said:

I don't know. Remember theres the whole GTA Online as well.

Don't change nothing really, Doom for Switch is on card, but multiplayer online is separate download. Even if 64GB card is available now, most likely nobody would use it because higher price point, I mean almost nobody use 32GB cards from same reason and instead they are using 16GB cards.

We can know soon enough about GTAV, maybe already next week. ;)

That's gonna be true as long as the price of memory chips stay so damn high. Once they drop in price (hopefully sometime next year, I doubt they will drop in price this year), the 32GiB version will be much closer in price in production to the 16GiB version.

I also expect Nintendo to put a 48GiB step in between 32 and 64GiB so the publishers won't stay forever then on the 32GiB for basically the same reasons as with the 16GiB now.

More than 64GiB won't be necessary. Most of the storage at that point are textures, and the Switch is too weak for the really big ( and thus storage-consuming) textures you can find on PC versions. One X and Pro could make use of them, hence why the PS4/XBO versions of a same game will probably get much bigger than the Switch version even with exact same content.

ryuzaki57 said: 

Some Skylanders game at launch and that's it

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 06 January 2018

Vini256 said:
Activision huh. Crash Bandicoot, please!

MAKE IT HAPPEN ACTi!

We reap what we sow

ryuzaki57 said:

Just Skylanders Imaginators

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:
vivster said:

I imagine a post apocalyptic world (5 years from now) where everyone is downloading their games digitally while one lone survivor scavenges the ruins of old society (Gamestop) to find the last remaining physical game copies and part replacements for ancient consoles.

If he is anything like me he would have already stocked up on 3-5 consoles of each lol.

Yup... and CRTs as well lol.

AlfredoTurkey said:
Cobretti2 said:

If he is anything like me he would have already stocked up on 3-5 consoles of each lol.

My wife tried to throw out the CRTs. I think i scared her for life when I yelled out NO lol

Cobretti2 said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

My wife tried to throw out the CRTs. I think i scared her for life when I yelled out NO lol

I'll fist bump to that. Hold on to those things like they're your kids.