Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo: Switch owners can expect more support from Activision, Take-Two and others

Nautilus said:
Azzanation said:

No Blizzard 😔 was hoping to see a Daiblo port or a Hearthstone game and Heroes of the Storm release.

Isnt Havok owned by MS? Good to see it on Switch

Blizzard is accounted under the Activision umbrella, since they are one company now.

Unfortunately that's not exactly how Activision/Blizzard work. They are very much there own companies that are shared (Sort of) Blizzard would have announced there own brand name with the Switch not Activision if they were interested. They did with the PS4 and XB1 so why not here? 

Activision and Blizzard do there own things. Having Activisons name here only means you will get Activision Titles, really nothing to do with Blizzard games.

In saying all that, it doesn't mean Blizzard wont release games on the Switch it just means very unlikely for now. Times can change.

I hope they do release some of there gems on the Switch because its a great portable device where games like Hearthstone will do wonders on it.

Last edited by Azzanation - on 05 January 2018

Around the Network

vivster said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

Here here! I don't give a shit if the next Zelda forces me to download 80% of the game... I won't buy. I made my idealistic stance on that awhile back and I'm sticking to it. The day I can't go to the store or go online and buy a physical game, pop it in and play is the day my NES,SNES,Genesis,N64 and every other pre-360 year console becomes my permanent playground. 

I just refuse. Absolutely refuse.

I imagine a post apocalyptic world (5 years from now) where everyone is downloading their games digitally while one lone survivor scavenges the ruins of old society (Gamestop) to find the last remaining physical game copies and part replacements for ancient consoles.

Well in a post apocalyptic world, it will be the people have the physical only games that can still play. The rest of us will not have the internet to download anything. So all of those hundreds of games that we have in our "library" but had to delete to make space for another game are not gone forever. So even though we may have purchased Breath of the Wild, we have no way of playing it cause we deleted it to make room for LA Noir or something.

Meanwhile, the person who purchased physical can pop in all of his collection at anytime. Well as long as the game isn't an "online only" game. I hate online required single player shit.

vivster said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

Here here! I don't give a shit if the next Zelda forces me to download 80% of the game... I won't buy. I made my idealistic stance on that awhile back and I'm sticking to it. The day I can't go to the store or go online and buy a physical game, pop it in and play is the day my NES,SNES,Genesis,N64 and every other pre-360 year console becomes my permanent playground. 

I just refuse. Absolutely refuse.

I imagine a post apocalyptic world (5 years from now) where everyone is downloading their games digitally while one lone survivor scavenges the ruins of old society (Gamestop) to find the last remaining physical game copies and part replacements for ancient consoles.

Can't download games in a post apocalyptic world since the internet probably won't work. Physical games master race :) 

irstupid said:

Well in a post apocalyptic world, it will be the people have the physical only games that can still play. The rest of us will not have the internet to download anything. So all of those hundreds of games that we have in our "library" but had to delete to make space for another game are not gone forever. So even though we may have purchased Breath of the Wild, we have no way of playing it cause we deleted it to make room for LA Noir or something.

Meanwhile, the person who purchased physical can pop in all of his collection at anytime. Well as long as the game isn't an "online only" game. I hate online required single player shit.

TheLegendaryWolf said:

Can't download games in a post apocalyptic world since the internet probably won't work. Physical games master race :) 

I am fairly certain that in a world without Internet we're gonna have a few bigger problems than games. Hunger, disease and war for example.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
irstupid said:

TheLegendaryWolf said:

I am fairly certain that in a world without Internet we're gonna have a few bigger problems than games. Hunger, disease and war for example.

You brought up the post apocalyptic scenario. We were just proving that in that scenario, physical games would be ideal.

Around the Network

Nintendo is back and the third-parties too!

GREAT!

This post-apocalyptic world where people are able to play video games doesn't sound very post-apocalyptic. If I still have the electricity to power a game console then it sounds more like post-annoyance.

I'm loving the ports to the Switch that missed out the first time around, but we need to see releases at the same time as PS4 and XBO to keep up momentum. Also, Nintendo is gonna need some big third party (timed) exclusives!

vivster said:
irstupid said:

TheLegendaryWolf said:

Those are but small issues compared to not being able to play my favorite games offline!

(if you haven't sensed it yet, this is indeed sarcasm)

pokoko said:
This post-apocalyptic world where people are able to play video games doesn't sound very post-apocalyptic. If I still have the electricity to power a game console then it sounds more like post-annoyance.

Not that hard to get electricity. The switch would be easier than a standard home console. All you would need to do is have something to charge your system. Whether its actual electricity working, a car batter, generator or whatever. You would have electricity far longer than you would have a stable internet or internet in general.

But Switch, you just need to charge switch and you can play for hours. Others you need to have the system have constant electricity as well as a constant electricity for the TV. Or two big batteries/generators/ect to keep them running.