Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo Switch has become the fastest selling video game system of all time in the US

takoyaki7 said:

Did a Pokemon game release around months 6-7 for GBA by any chance?

Around the Network
p0isonparadise said:

US Sales estimates 

Super Mario Odyssey - 2.88 million
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 2.64 million
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 2.40 million
Splatoon 2 - 960,000

Are those physical or physical+digital estimates?

Hiku said:

Did a Pokemon game release around months 6-7 for GBA by any chance?

That's the holiday season. The GBA launched in May 2001.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

takoyaki7 said:

Edit. Was looking at it wrong

I don't get why Nintendo always ignore the GBA in those dichiarations... like, when Switch launched, they said Wii was the previus faster seller Nintendo console, when GBA pretty much obliterate Wii launch.

And now too, Switch is not at GBA level. Actually, not even close. First 10 months GBA sold over 5.8 million, Switch is at only 4.8 million.

2020 predictions: NSW 25m, PS5 6m, XSX 4.5m, PS4 11m, XB1 4m

In December 2019 i predicted 21m Switch, 9m PS4 and 3m XB1, but that was before COVID, obvius increased my predictions.

Around the Network
Pinkie_pie said:

(...)

Nevermind.

Last edited by RolStoppable - on 04 January 2018

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

Total Nintendomination!!!!!

Really good job! What surprises me is that the GBA was ahead of all of them

Nintendo now needs to keep the momentum. I am really curious what games they will announce in January.

Ryng_Tolu said:
I don't get why Nintendo always ignore the GBA in those dichiarations... like, when Switch launched, they said Wii was the previus faster seller Nintendo console, when GBA pretty much obliterate Wii launch.

And now too, Switch is not at GBA level. Actually, not even close. First 10 months GBA sold over 5.8 million, Switch is at only 4.8 million.

"I don't get why PR prefers to declare #1 over declaring #2."