By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo Switch has become the fastest selling video game system of all time in the US

Well deserved, no system id rather game on.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
-Ps4 sold 3.95 million in the first 10 months.
-Wii sold 4.05 million in the first 10 months.
-Switch sold 4.8 million in the first 10 months.

This is mighty impressive.

RolStoppable said:
Pinkie_pie said:

Didnt the ps4 sell 12m through 10 months? Switch would need to sell at least 2m in December to be ahead which i guess is possible. 1m in japan and 1m in the us 

For worldwide sales VGC is the best thing to go on, so numbers taken from there. I list week 43 and week 44 totals, so people can pick their definition of 10 months.

Week 43: PS4 - 10.59m
Week 44: PS4 - 11.18m

Switch is at ~9.7m through 40 weeks, but with December weeks missing, an extrapolation puts Switch ahead of the PS4 without a doubt.

So switch gotta sell roughly 1.5m in 4 weeks to be ahead. Yep no doubt switch will be ahead of ps4 through 10 months. 

Oh Dear, but I just saw it fall off a cliff.

Around the Network

So it beat the Wii in the same amount of time. Damn, fantastic job from Nintendo, i've said it before and i'll say it again they've truly hit it out of the park with the Switch so far. To think that they went from the failure of the Wii U previously to the massive success of the Switch, what an amazing turnaround and comeback.  Can't wait to buy a Switch myself, just gotta save up the money first. 

Now bring on that delicious January direct to keep the momentum going.

Last edited by FloatingWaffles - on 04 January 2018

p0isonparadise said:

US Sales estimates 

Super Mario Odyssey - 2.88 million
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 2.64 million
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 2.40 million
Splatoon 2 - 960,000

Are those physical or physical+digital estimates?

takoyaki7 said:

Edit. Was looking at it wrong

I don't get why Nintendo always ignore the GBA in those dichiarations... like, when Switch launched, they said Wii was the previus faster seller Nintendo console, when GBA pretty much obliterate Wii launch.

And now too, Switch is not at GBA level. Actually, not even close. First 10 months GBA sold over 5.8 million, Switch is at only 4.8 million.

Total Nintendomination!!!!!