By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - USA Today Says Switch Has Sold 15 million units!?

JRPGfan said:
Green098 said:

The numbers seem to rounded though so it could be anywhere from 14.5 to 15.49 (likely it's closer to the lower end). Also the 10 million number date was 9 months after the Switch launch which could of been the 3rd of December. We also don't know how much it might of been over that too since I doubt that the number at the time was exactly 10,000,000.

Anyways official numbers will be here at the end of January best till wait till then to know for sure. But I do very  much doubt that these numbers have zero credibility to them. 

Yes Nintendo gave numbers back in dec12th, from back in the 3rd of december, when the last counted, and announced it had then passed 10m.

GBH are just wrong, no way it sold 5m extra since then.

I believe them to have zero credibility.

I meant their statement said "Nintendo Switch has sold 10 million units worldwide in 9 months!" Just because they said it on the 12th doesn't mean the sold through numbers were right up to the very last second of when they posted their statement. 

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/940566931987423232?lang=en

And I suppose I couldn't say if they do or do not have credibility. 

Anyways the furthest I'm willing to take these numbers to give any idea is 14.5-15 million Switch's shipped at best.

Around the Network

Holy mother of god if true.
But Im assuming thats not the case, or at the best case, thats shipped not sold through.Nintendo said in the 12th, that the Switch did 10 millions ww, so that number is probably true by the end of november(they need time to process the numbers), so for the Switch to do 5 millions in december alone seems far fetched.Around 3 millions in december seems more realistic.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

10 million is sold through. This could be shipments. And well, December is a huge (and long) month.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

No it did not. I hate it when people come up with impossible numbers and then end up calling a product "underperformer" once the real and frankly amazing numbers come in.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

15m shipped maybe. Sold to consumers? Nope.

Around the Network

OP must change the thread's title before someone commits suicide.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

This very much looks like the Switch will outsell the WiiU lifetime sales in under 12 months though, that is amazing for Nintendo to have created such a fine system and marketed it properly to the masses. Can't wait to see what 2018 brings us.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Well nintendo sold 1.6 million units in one week according to vg chartz so maybe. If they have 1.6 million weeks they could sell 5 million in one month. Just saying but yes those numbers do seem high.

~13 million sold and ~15 million shipped at the end of December sounds about right.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Gamer147 said:
Well nintendo sold 1.6 million units in one week according to vg chartz so maybe. If they have 1.6 million weeks they could sell 5 million in one month. Just saying but yes those numbers do seem high.

This is the 2nd time you have said Switch sold 1.6 million in one week, how are you coming up with that?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.