By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - USA Today Says Switch Has Sold 15 million units!?

Considering that December they sold almost 900k just in Japan. Putting the 15M as a rough estimate, it is very plausible for shipments.

And I got congratulate this piece of article. So many feathers we're ruffled here

Last edited by 160rmf - on 02 January 2018

We reap what we sow

Around the Network

Nintendo has officially announced 4.8 million sold in the US. Considering all of North America is a little higher than 1/3 the total Switch sales, these numbers now sound more accurate.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
Nintendo has officially announced 4.8 million sold in the US. Considering all of North America is a little higher than 1/3 the total Switch sales, these numbers now sound more accurate.

Lets see

USA-~4.8m

Canada is about 10% of USA and lets say Latin America is half of Canada.

Americas-~5.5m

Japan-~3.3m

"Others has been right in the middle over Americas & Japan at each quarterly report so 4-4.5m.

Global sales are likely in the 13-13.5 million range at the end of the year.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Sounds about right for this number to be shipped

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Here are the sell through numbers at the end of Sept

Japan-~1.8m
USA-~2.3m
Global-~7m

End of year sell through

Japan-~3.3m
USA-~4.8m

At the end of Sept, Japan+USA made up about 60% of global sell through. Assuming that remains the same at the end of the year than we are looking at about 13.5 million sold globally.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Here are the sell through numbers at the end of Sept

Japan-~1.8m
USA-~2.3m
Global-~7m

End of year sell through

Japan-~3.3m
USA-~4.8m

At the end of Sept, Japan+USA made up about 60% of global sell through. Assuming that remains the same at the end of the year than we are looking at about 13.5 million sold globally.

Not so sure about that. US ratio will increase while Japan and others has decreased.

Best guess for me is 13.5 million sold, 15 million shipped. Numbers seeming more legit by the minute.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Hmmm, I wonder what their source is? That's pretty crazy and means they've already zoomed past Wii U in well under a year, which is nuts. 

I suppose, if Nintendo did mention selling through over 10 million on Dec 10th, it's feasable they've sold 3-4 million more in the month since then worldwide, being the holiday season it's possible - and the 15 could be shipped as of January, meaning 1-2 still sitting on shelves which sort of makes sense.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden