By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - USA Today Says Switch Has Sold 15 million units!?

zorg1000 said:
DonFerrari said:

Have I said there were any formal announcement?

They were sold out like a month before, sold well on Nov (close to the Nintendo 2M production claim) and from the reports we had on the NPD and prediction threads the flow of Switch was always that it received constant supply but they weren't sitting around, so there wasn't much surplus to imagine that a September sold out, October nearly sold out, November no units sitting around with a 10M announcement and 2M December production would have 3M consoles shipped and not accounted for.

You are making alot of assumptions here.

According to Nintendo's own statements, there was a ~600k difference in shipped vs sold numbers at the end of September (7.62m shipped vs ~7m sold).

Also, outside of Japan, Switch does not appear to have mass shortages.

One last thing, if shipments are only about 12-13 million at the end of December than they would have shipped ~5 million this quarter with plans to ship ~4 million next quarter.

It doesnt add up, if Switch sales are around 13m than shipments would be close to 15m.

Sure I'm making assumptions.

So let's make a big leap of faith on the 2M per month as if it happened for Oct+Nov+Dec that would be 6M produced/shipped, plus the 7.62M they already had shipped. That makes 13,62M so it aligns more with mine 13-14M shipped with little inventory and 13M sold (because that 1M on channel would be what is on movement, 2M would mean a lot on shelves as well, what isn't really happening yet).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:
JRPGfan said:
Rodea Sky Soldier

Please change name of the thread to "GBH believes Switch to have sold 15m units".
Its current name is misleading, its by no means a fact that its sold that much.

Its pretty much the oppersite imo, nintendo themselves just resently said 10m units sold.
This GBH analyst is smokeing some good weed :p

You seem personally offended.

If Sony comes out and says they sold 70.6m and 2weeks lateron, some random analyst claims sony is over 90m units sold, Id have the same issue. Its about it being misleading, and most likely false info, and the OP not reporting it as such.

Any development to this? Being true or not.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

DonFerrari said:
zorg1000 said:

You are making alot of assumptions here.

According to Nintendo's own statements, there was a ~600k difference in shipped vs sold numbers at the end of September (7.62m shipped vs ~7m sold).

Also, outside of Japan, Switch does not appear to have mass shortages.

One last thing, if shipments are only about 12-13 million at the end of December than they would have shipped ~5 million this quarter with plans to ship ~4 million next quarter.

It doesnt add up, if Switch sales are around 13m than shipments would be close to 15m.

Sure I'm making assumptions.

So let's make a big leap of faith on the 2M per month as if it happened for Oct+Nov+Dec that would be 6M produced/shipped, plus the 7.62M they already had shipped. That makes 13,62M so it aligns more with mine 13-14M shipped with little inventory and 13M sold (because that 1M on channel would be what is on movement, 2M would mean a lot on shelves as well, what isn't really happening yet).

Your numbers dont add up to your previous claim.

We have sold through at 10 million as of Dec 10th.

You just said there was 0 stock at the end of Nov so shipments of ~10m.

Then you keep using the 2m a month figure for shipments which would put it at ~12m at the end of Dec.

You have 2 conflicting ideas going on, if there was no stock at the end of Nov than shipments would be over 2m this month.

If shipments were 2 million this month than there would be stock at the end of Nov.

It cant be both.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Jranation said:

Nintendo gives out its numbers.... just wait for them. Back in the 10th? or so Nintendo said 10m.

Personally dont trust any of these so called analysts.

Come Jan. we ll know if these numbers held any water, if Nintendo suddenly go "we've now sold 18m" :p

Either that or its a optimistice shipping number, or their just wrong.

John2290 said:
I very much doubt this.

I still do as well.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
Jranation said:

Nintendo gives out its numbers.... just wait for them. Back in the 10th? or so Nintendo said 10m.

Personally dont trust any of these so called analysts.

Come Jan. we ll know if these numbers held any water, if Nintendo suddenly go "we've now sold 18m" :p

Either that or its a optimistice shipping number, or their just wrong.

John2290 said:
I very much doubt this.

I still do as well.

Oh okay. Shouldn't be too far now to wait.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

NawaiNey said:

That gap though...
iPhone- 233 million
second best Samsung galaxy at 33 million.lol

That's total iphones sales vs just s8 and note 8, Samsung sells something like 300 million phones a year. The whole article is quite odd 

Wouldn't Nintendo have announced the milestone if true? Beating the WiiU's whole lifetime sales in less than a year is amazing, you'd think they would have announced it to everyone.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Even for shipped, that sounds high.

The PS5 Exists. 

DialgaMarine said:
Nintendo would’ve literally had to sell 5 million consoles in the last 2 1/2 weeks. I guess it’s not impossible, but I don’t think Nintendo has produced nearly enough to achieve that.

It definitely is impossible. After that 9 months of selling 10M, the two crazy weeks in Dec sell half of what the Switch did in nine months. I refuse to believe it. I don't think Nintendo even has to stock to pull that off either. Unless Nintendo weren't being specific with the numbers they gave on their twitter post. This would be damn unprecedented...