By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - USA Today Says Switch Has Sold 15 million units!?

zorg1000 said:
DonFerrari said:

Sure I'm making assumptions.

So let's make a big leap of faith on the 2M per month as if it happened for Oct+Nov+Dec that would be 6M produced/shipped, plus the 7.62M they already had shipped. That makes 13,62M so it aligns more with mine 13-14M shipped with little inventory and 13M sold (because that 1M on channel would be what is on movement, 2M would mean a lot on shelves as well, what isn't really happening yet).

Your numbers dont add up to your previous claim.

We have sold through at 10 million as of Dec 10th.

You just said there was 0 stock at the end of Nov so shipments of ~10m.

Then you keep using the 2m a month figure for shipments which would put it at ~12m at the end of Dec.

You have 2 conflicting ideas going on, if there was no stock at the end of Nov than shipments would be over 2m this month.

If shipments were 2 million this month than there would be stock at the end of Nov.

It cant be both.

Reread what I said. ABOUT 0 stock which means no stock stuck on shelves or what enters leaves during regular restocking.

That doesn't mean 0 on shipping channels because unless the product was cut something needs to be moving.

So picks the weekly sales plus 1 month of the units on the channels and some of the montlhy production this goes to total around 13 and 14 not 12.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

these numbers don't add up at all. 10 million sold by december 10. we know in japan they sold 500-510k after 2 weeks after, then in europe probably around 500-700k for the 2 weeks thats on  high end as well, in the states 700=900k, at best case scenerio nintendo sold through 2 million WW. that leaves 3 million sitting on shelves.

Probably not true, but good PR for Nintendo.

quickrick said:

in europe probably around 500-700k for the 2 weeks thats on  high end as well, in the states 700=900k, at best case scenerio nintendo sold through 2 million WW. that leaves 3 million sitting on shelves.

source? 

PortisheadBiscuit said:
quickrick said:

in europe probably around 500-700k for the 2 weeks thats on  high end as well, in the states 700=900k, at best case scenerio nintendo sold through 2 million WW. that leaves 3 million sitting on shelves.

source? 

i'm giving realistic estimations and on the high side. japan we have numbers for.

Around the Network
quickrick said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

source? 

i'm giving realistic estimations and on the high side. japan we have numbers for.

How are they realistic estimations? Based on what other than your bias against Nintendo? 

PortisheadBiscuit said:
quickrick said:

How are they realistic estimations? Based on what other than your bias against Nintendo? 

errr 900k in 2 weeks in december would be around 1.5 million million for the month december, i''m giving 1.2 million in europe, and 510k are official numbers. there is nothing biased around these numbers, i'm giving high estimates.

Last edited by quickrick - on 30 December 2017

Can only see this being true if:
1- The numbers Nintendo gave on 12th are not actually the numbers of that date,but it was set at beggining of december and then it went to sell a crazy lot during this month,or...

2-Like everyone is implying,it is shipment numbers and not sold-to-costumers.

But yeah,the article says very little about Switch,it sounds to me it is just crazy guess. It is not far away for Nintendo to give an official report,so it is better to just wait.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

People are giving journalism too much credit, those numbers could be an asspull for all we know

pastro243 said:
People are giving journalism too much credit, those numbers could be an asspull for all we know

could? certainly is.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."