By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Sales 18 November 2017

NintendoPie said:
Switch is such a disappointment. I was expecting it to be #1 for the rest of the year. It's gonna drop like a rock in 2018.

Not sure if thats the case, but I also dont think its gonna be the massive hit some assume.

Its also expensive compared to more powerful $199 consoles with more notable software.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

That short lived X1 good week.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

COKTOE said:
Waitaminute....Are you telling me....that Pinkie_Pie's prediction that the XBO would outsell the PS4 every week for the rest of the gen has already been proven wrong? On the very next week after the XBO-X launch? Ooo boy. She still has some wiggle room with the next prediction though. All that has to happen is for the XBO to continue to outsell the Switch every week until the launch of Nintendo's next console. Good luck madam! :)

Seems like she was a bad prediktor.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

COKTOE said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Somebody actually made a "prediction" like that? How high were they? :O

Yeah, she made that prediction some months months ago and has repeated it several sales threads since then. I'm pretty sure she's trolling....but not totally sure.

If I'm not mistaken there were another person who said on last week numbers that X1 would keep outselling PS4 to the end of the gen.

JulioMadeira said:
They could update by the official figures that companies report!

They do, but they don't just toss around numbers, so when the numbers for the week covering Dec 3rd then the total should comply with Sony report. Similar for Switch.

The PS4 it totally crushing it and I'm very glad about that. The Xbox is down compared to previous week's huge numbers due to the XB1X release which is expected.
The Switch while doing good is last in the top 3 which makes me wonder if there is a trend here. Last week it was last in the top 3 too and these are Super Mario Odyssey weeks which I thought would put the Switch at the top. So while I'm sure at this point that the Switch will outsell the Wii U, I have to wonder if sales are not starting to settle for the new Nintendo machine? Except for Japan, Switch is not doing as well as it should. Of course it's still too early to tell and I want to wait for VGC figures for December before forming a definite opinion but my feeling is that the Switch is heading for Gamecube lifetime sales and not Wii lifetime sales...

Around the Network
CrazyGamer2017 said:
 my feeling is that the Switch is heading for Gamecube lifetime sales

The chances of that happening are about as likely as the PS4 getting PS3 lifetime sales.

curl-6 said:
CrazyGamer2017 said:

The chances of that happening are about as likely as the PS4 getting PS3 lifetime sales.

I'd say the chances of that happening are as more likely as the PS4 getting PS Vita lifetime sales.

Last edited by Green098 - on 27 December 2017

curl-6 said:
CrazyGamer2017 said:

Maybe or maybe not, we don't know but please explain why the Switch is not at the top when November sales should be boosted by Super Mario Odyssey? BOTW clearly made the Switch sales soar sky-high so why isn't Mario doing the same?

Yet when you see Mario (just the game) sales you can tell the game is selling well. So it's almost as if most people buying the game already have a Switch. But when you watch PS4 sales, even though there are already a ton of PS4's out there you can clearly see that games, even third party games keep the PS4 selling.

Again it's too early to be sure of course but still my question stands, is there a trend here?

CrazyGamer2017 said:
curl-6 said:

Maybe or maybe not, we don't know but please explain why the Switch is not at the top when November sales should be boosted by Super Mario Odyssey? BOTW clearly made the Switch sales soar sky-high so why isn't Mario doing the same?

Yet when you see Mario (just the game) sales you can tell the game is selling well. So it's almost as if most people buying the game already have a Switch. But when you watch PS4 sales, even though there are already a ton of PS4's out there you can clearly see that games, even third party games keep the PS4 selling.

Again it's too early to be sure of course but still my question stands, is there a trend here?

I really don't think so... I think you're a bit off your rails if you think Switch not selling 850k this week means it's going to sell around 20 million lifetime when it's already sold half that in 9 months (just as fast as PS4 btw). I really really don't think "it's too early to be sure" for that one.

CrazyGamer2017 said:
curl-6 said:

It's not to early to say, Switch's current and announced lineup alone will rocket it passed Gamecube with as much certainty and PS4's current momentum will rocket is passed PS3. And that's before we even account for potential unannounced games like Animal Crossing.

As for hardware sales, Switch is significantly more expensive than PS4 or Xbone, and the latter just got a boost from the X model.