By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Sales 18 November 2017

And the monster just gets bigger.

Around the Network

Just looking at totals, PS4 reaches 27 million in Europe, should will pass the SNES (22.88m) in NA next week and will reach over 12 million in ROTW.

Interesting to see if it can pass the Wii in EU next year, I think it probably will.

Those healthy Holiday sales are looking good! PS4 is just a monster! And next week should be well over a million easy and then the following week will see a drop so PS4 tracking looks almost spot on! XB1 holding strong in 2nd and the Switch with a great week as well! Even the 3DS showing signs of life!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Great sales overall.

Those America sales make no sense, why would PS4 be doing so much higher than the others the week BEFORE it gets a $100 price cut?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
xl-klaudkil said:

Dec 3rd and if i recall  it whas about  70.7mill or something  so about 71mill 

So 2.5m in 2 weeks? Wow, that's some insane sales! :O

Yep, over 70m as of 3rd December, Man PS4 is just a monster, outsold the 3ds and it came out two years after the handheld. Shows how well it does all over the world especially compared to last gen. 

Ka-pi96 said:
zorg1000 said:
Those America sales make no sense, why would  PS4 be doing so much higher than the others the week BEFORE it gets a $100 price cut?

Did people know how big the price cut would be before BF week? Besides that, it was Battlefront 2 launch week which no doubt sold a few consoles.

Yeah I think Sony announced it just before Black Friday week so definitely this weeks sales, If I can recall there were lots of rumours earlier in the month that the PS4 would get a $199 price cut for Black Friday. 

Ka-pi96 said:
COKTOE said:
Waitaminute....Are you telling me....that Pinkie_Pie's prediction that the XBO would outsell the PS4 every week for the rest of the gen has already been proven wrong? On the very next week after the XBO-X launch? Ooo boy. She still has some wiggle room with the next prediction though. All that has to happen is for the XBO to continue to outsell the Switch every week until the launch of Nintendo's next console. Good luck madam! :)

Somebody actually made a "prediction" like that? How high were they? :O

Yeah, she made that prediction some months months ago and has repeated it several sales threads since then. I'm pretty sure she's trolling....but not totally sure.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

zorg1000 said:
Those America sales make no sense, why would PS4 be doing so much higher than the others the week BEFORE it gets a $100 price cut?

Going by the info we have and how big Nov was for the PS4(best month EVER for it) they actually seem pretty legit to be honest. Then just add in BF week and almost spot on with the over 70.6 million as of Dec 3rd.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Ka-pi96 said:
zorg1000 said:

Did people know how big the price cut would be before BF week? Besides that, it was Battlefront 2 launch week which no doubt sold a few consoles.

Yes, the price cut was known already.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.