By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Sales 18 November 2017

TheBlackNaruto said:
zorg1000 said:
Those America sales make no sense, why would PS4 be doing so much higher than the others the week BEFORE it gets a $100 price cut?

Going by the info we have and how big Nov was for the PS4(best month EVER for it) they actually seem pretty legit to be honest. Then just add in BF week and almost spot on with the over 70.6 million as of Dec 3rd.

I know it had an amazing Nov, what im getting at though is the $100 price cut during BF week is what caused those record breaking sales, not the weeks previous to the deals.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Those America sales make no sense, why would PS4 be doing so much higher than the others the week BEFORE it gets a $100 price cut?

Probably Battlefront 2.

Where's the guy that said XB1 will be number 1 every week?

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Slarvax said:

When did PS4 reach 70 million? Looks like it might be a little overtracked.

It's got 2 weeks to sell 2.5 million, so it's undertracked if anything.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

TheBlackNaruto said:
zorg1000 said:

Going by the info we have and how big Nov was for the PS4(best month EVER for it) they actually seem pretty legit to be honest. Then just add in BF week and almost spot on with the over 70.6 million as of Dec 3rd.

Going by the info we have, PS4 made around 1.6M in BF, and that is NPD only. So ww, BF week is certainly way above 2M. Then comes cyber monday week...

That makes the PS4 numbers overestimated by quite a bit.

Around the Network
ArchangelMadzz said:
Slarvax said:

When did PS4 reach 70 million? Looks like it might be a little overtracked.

Next week is black friday, so it might x2 this week's numbers.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Slarvax said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

Next week is black friday, so it might x2 this week's numbers.

Again, NPD alone is estimated around 1.6M....

zorg1000 said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

I know it had an amazing Nov, what im getting at though is the $100 price cut during BF week is what caused those record breaking sales, not the weeks previous to the deals.

Correct it was close to or around 12 - 14 November that PS Blog announced that the PS4 would be on sale for $199 for what I remember 19 - 27 November. So people who didn't know bought it just to buy it. People who did know probably bought it early just in case it Sold out. And they were right in doing so.

drkohler said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

Going by the info we have, PS4 made around 1.6M in BF, and that is NPD only. So ww, BF week is certainly way above 2M. Then comes cyber monday week...

That makes the PS4 numbers overestimated by quite a bit.

Wait......where did you get we had 1.6m PS4 BF alone? The info we had said that for the MONTH of Nov the PS4 had its best month ever which would be greater than 1.582m that was for the month not BF alone. And right now VGC has the PS4 at 979,442 for NA so far. Add in BF week which is the last week that counts towards Nov NPD then the numbers are almost spot on. Especially considering that NA is more than just the US.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

TheBlackNaruto said:

Wait......where did you get we had 1.6m PS4 BF alone? The info we had said that for the MONTH of Nov th

You could be right. I'm not interested in those number wars at all, and just glanced over the 1.6M number thrown around left and right at various sites and occasions. Maybe it is for the entire month, again I don't really care much.