By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Female Leads RULE the Box Office

jason1637 said:
TH3-D0S3R said:

You literally listed nothing of substance, more women are affected by undisclosed issues and I will never know because I'm a man. I'm not trying to be a condescending asshat, but you need to list an actual problem to warrant the feminist movement, that way we can fight it together. You cant just ignore the fact that there are no problems and cry out there is a major problem without explaining said problem.

Again, you need to list ACTUAL issues, no more walking around it.

I probably wont list all of them but here are some problems.

1. Women are more likely to live in poverty than men.

2. Product advertised at Women cost more than the Man counterparts.

3. Its getting harder for Women to have an abortion.

4. Human trafficking.

5. Women are more likely to be raped than men.

6. Sexual assualt

7. Domestic Violence

What the fuck is this bullshit...

1. Maybe true. This depends largely on which part of the world are you living in.

2. Last time I was shopping for clothes, it looked like the complete opposite. Also, typically household items marketed towards women are "white" and towards men "black". The "black" items are damn expensive compared to "white". Have you noticed how much more cars cost that are marketed towards men, than cars marketed towards women?

3. Not as hard as it is for men. Knock someone up and try to demand an abortion in court. Nope, if the mother wants an abortion, she can get it regardless of father's will, and if she doesn't want an abortion, there won't be an abortion, no matter what the father want's.

4. Likely true.

5. Yes.

6. Ok, this isn't really different from 5.

7. Indeed. Men are more likely to be victims of domestic violence than women.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network
TH3-D0S3R said:
Insidb said:
To all the morons saying that "sexism is overblown in the west," have you totally checked out on the rapefest that is the current news cycle?

"It's not as bad" is not the same as "it's not bad as it was" or "it's not as bad as it is over there."

We still have a serious problem with racism, and the Donald Trump is evidence that both problems are still prominent and pervasive.

Literally, don't be THAT GUY: you're totally being "him" with these indefensibly ignorant comments.

Liberal Hollywood and media treat people like property more so than actual human beings???

You don't say. This more or less just shows the puppetry of the left, claiming to fight for rights while sweeping their mistreatment of people under the rug by blaming Trump for everything. 

"Grab 'em by the pussy!"

gg qq

Ruler said:
Insidb said:
To all the morons saying that "sexism is overblown in the west," have you totally checked out on the rapefest that is the current news cycle?

"It's not as bad" is not the same as "it's not bad as it was" or "it's not as bad as it is over there."

We still have a serious problem with racism, and the Donald Trump is evidence that both problems are still prominent and pervasive.

Literally, don't be THAT GUY: you're totally being "him" with these indefensibly ignorant comments.

More like we have problems with rich guys who think they can do what ever they want, if you refer to the Weinstein scandal here? What has Donald Trump to do with US Police violence in general which was going rampant under Obama and beyond?

He's encouraging, through his cabinet selections and rhetoric.

Beyond that, the family has a racist history that was only fortified by his most recent racist comments about Haitians and Nigerians.

Insidb said:
TH3-D0S3R said:

Liberal Hollywood and media treat people like property more so than actual human beings???

You don't say. This more or less just shows the puppetry of the left, claiming to fight for rights while sweeping their mistreatment of people under the rug by blaming Trump for everything. 

"Grab 'em by the pussy!"

gg qq

I guess that makes sense in a world where deeds mean nothing, only words do.

I think the rapefest is a good example of a typical manhunt in the media these days. The media seems to think it's ok to judge men publicly just by based on being accused - although, I really don't think the media believes there's an actual case, as if they did, the media would wait until the court ruling.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

SpokenTruth said:
pokoko said:

You probably shouldn't talk about logical fallacies and then build an elaborate rationalization that seeks to stereotype billions of people while sweeping every criticism of a complex issue under a convenient and all-encompassing rug.  It just adds to the silliness.

Fair but the "some" men is implied.  Do we really need a "not all men" here?  The only thing that is silly is ignoring an issue because you disagree that the issue even exists when those maligned by it have tried to correct it since the beginning of modern society.

If person A gets punched and they say it hurts.  Person B can't say, "I disagree.  I don't think that punch hurts you." or "I don't think that punch exists".  For whatever reason, "some" segment of the people from person B's group are ignoring person A and giving person B just as much weight (realistically, they are giving them more weight) to the question of whether the punch hurt person A or not.

The mere fact person B denies the issue is itself a problem person A must content with....constantly. 

That's still so simplified as to be a caricature of reality.  

You can't reduce humanity into two people.  There are millions of women and men in the world, many of whom only consider the world from their own perspective.  All conflicts have to be considered independently.  

If the goal is balance and equality then those who push too hard on either are all in the wrong.  

Around the Network
bdbdbd said:

1. Maybe true. This depends largely on which part of the world are you living in.

2. Last time I was shopping for clothes, it looked like the complete opposite. Also, typically household items marketed towards women are "white" and towards men "black". The "black" items are damn expensive compared to "white". Have you noticed how much more cars cost that are marketed towards men, than cars marketed towards women?

3. Not as hard as it is for men. Knock someone up and try to demand an abortion in court. Nope, if the mother wants an abortion, she can get it regardless of father's will, and if she doesn't want an abortion, there won't be an abortion, no matter what the father want's.

4. Likely true.

5. Yes.

I would just like to point something out about rape. The definition of rape is "unlawful penetration of the vagina, anus or mouth of another person by a sex organ, other body part or an object". This basically means that a woman cannot rape a man unless she inserts her finger or an object into his anus or mouth. Being forced to penetrate a woman's vagina is not considered rape by law. Ironically, this stems from the pretty sexist view that women would never rape somebody. But, if we take into account the number of men who were "forced to penetrate" a woman and consider this to be rape, the number of male rape victims (and female perpetrators) shoots up dramatically. In this study 38% of rape victims were male by this definition. There are also studies that basically show a 50/50 split. Quote from article based on CDC study: "when asked about experiences in the last 12 months, men reported being "made to penetrate" — either by physical force or due to intoxication — at virtually the same rates as women reported rape (Source and underlying study here)

The reason why so few men are "rape victims" is because being "made to penetrate" is classified as "other sexual violence", because it doesn't fit the aforementioned definition of rape by the law. 

Insidb said:
TH3-D0S3R said:

"Grab 'em by the pussy!"

gg qq

Women throwing themselves to Trump is not assault under any circumstance, they were willingly throwing themselves at the man. Weinstein on the other hand, a huge backer of the Democratic party, was making girls have sex with him to move up in Hollywood. THAT is vile.

Other examples include Anthony Weiner, Bill Clinton, Al Franken, George Takeshi, etc. I fail to see how this is Trump's fault.

bdbdbd said:
jason1637 said:

I probably wont list all of them but here are some problems.

1. Women are more likely to live in poverty than men.

2. Product advertised at Women cost more than the Man counterparts.

3. Its getting harder for Women to have an abortion.

4. Human trafficking.

5. Women are more likely to be raped than men.

6. Sexual assualt

7. Domestic Violence

4. Likely true.

5. Yes.

Call the list BS and agree with the majority of it...

1. Was refering to the US because the list was about the west.

2. You were probably shopping for clothing that doesnt have a Women version. The Car example is an exception. There will be products advertised to Men that cost more but in the grand scheme of things products advertised to Women will cost more.

3. This doesnt really address what i said. I was talking about Women who do want an abortion and that its getting harder for them to get one.

4. Likely True????????????? It is true.

6. Not all acts of sexual assualt is rape.

7. Not true.

jason1637 said:

7. Not true.

I think you are both wrong on domestic abuse. Domestic abuse simply isn't a gender problem, men and women are about equally affected by it (the total number of women being victims is slightly higher - roughly 55 / 45 - but men are more likely to be severely hurt). If you read an article on Huffington Post or something about this, just google the studies behind the numbers. Basically, what these outlets (unfortunately) do is look at the numbers, see roughly a 50/50 split and then pour some assumptions onto them like "women only hit men to defend themselves", so they subtract a rather arbitrary percentage of assaults by females. I know this sounds harsh but that's what they do. For example, Erin Pizzey, the woman who built the first women's shelter, is very anti-feminist these days because she says it's a lie that domestic violence is a gender issue and that most women in her shelters admitted to beating their husbands just as much as they beat them. Just wanted to point this out. (By the way, if this was a thread about social security or health care I'd list sources to show that republican / conservative arguments are often constructed in this way, too. Both sides like to skew the statistics in their favor.)

TH3-D0S3R said:
Insidb said:

"Grab 'em by the pussy!"

gg qq

Women throwing themselves to Trump is not assault under any circumstance, they were willingly throwing themselves at the man. Weinstein on the other hand, a huge backer of the Democratic party, was making girls have sex with him to move up in Hollywood. THAT is vile.

Other examples include Anthony Weiner, Bill Clinton, Al Franken, George Takeshi, etc. I fail to see how this is Trump's fault.

To paraphrase his quote: "I don't ask for consent. I commit sexual assault."