By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Female Leads RULE the Box Office

Louie said:
bdbdbd said:

What the fuck is this bullshit...

1. Maybe true. This depends largely on which part of the world are you living in.

2. Last time I was shopping for clothes, it looked like the complete opposite. Also, typically household items marketed towards women are "white" and towards men "black". The "black" items are damn expensive compared to "white". Have you noticed how much more cars cost that are marketed towards men, than cars marketed towards women?

3. Not as hard as it is for men. Knock someone up and try to demand an abortion in court. Nope, if the mother wants an abortion, she can get it regardless of father's will, and if she doesn't want an abortion, there won't be an abortion, no matter what the father want's.

4. Likely true.

5. Yes.

6. Ok, this isn't really different from 5.

7. Indeed. Men are more likely to be victims of domestic violence than women.

I would just like to point something out about rape. The definition of rape is "unlawful penetration of the vagina, anus or mouth of another person by a sex organ, other body part or an object". This basically means that a woman cannot rape a man unless she inserts her finger or an object into his anus or mouth. Being forced to penetrate a woman's vagina is not considered rape by law. Ironically, this stems from the pretty sexist view that women would never rape somebody. But, if we take into account the number of men who were "forced to penetrate" a woman and consider this to be rape, the number of male rape victims (and female perpetrators) shoots up dramatically. In this study 38% of rape victims were male by this definition. There are also studies that basically show a 50/50 split. Quote from article based on CDC study: "when asked about experiences in the last 12 months, men reported being "made to penetrate" — either by physical force or due to intoxication — at virtually the same rates as women reported rape (Source and underlying study here)

The reason why so few men are "rape victims" is because being "made to penetrate" is classified as "other sexual violence", because it doesn't fit the aforementioned definition of rape by the law. 

Good point. Although this varies largely on different parts of the world.

jason1637 said:
bdbdbd said:

What the fuck is this bullshit...

1. Maybe true. This depends largely on which part of the world are you living in.

2. Last time I was shopping for clothes, it looked like the complete opposite. Also, typically household items marketed towards women are "white" and towards men "black". The "black" items are damn expensive compared to "white". Have you noticed how much more cars cost that are marketed towards men, than cars marketed towards women?

3. Not as hard as it is for men. Knock someone up and try to demand an abortion in court. Nope, if the mother wants an abortion, she can get it regardless of father's will, and if she doesn't want an abortion, there won't be an abortion, no matter what the father want's.

4. Likely true.

5. Yes.

6. Ok, this isn't really different from 5.

7. Indeed. Men are more likely to be victims of domestic violence than women.

Call the list BS and agree with the majority of it...

1. Was refering to the US because the list was about the west.

2. You were probably shopping for clothing that doesnt have a Women version. The Car example is an exception. There will be products advertised to Men that cost more but in the grand scheme of things products advertised to Women will cost more.

3. This doesnt really address what i said. I was talking about Women who do want an abortion and that its getting harder for them to get one.

4. Likely True????????????? It is true.

6. Not all acts of sexual assualt is rape.

7. Not true.

1. Umm... So, I don't get your point. The list about WEST and you were referring only to US because of that.

2. What? It's a commonly known fact that mens clothing costs a lot more. Even T-shirts for men cost triple to womens T-shirts. Cars are no exeption, electronics and all the stuff like that are more expensive when it's supposed to be men who are buying it. You must mix this up with women SPENDING THE MAJORITY of the money in the households. I see you're not a married man.

3. You're right, it doesn't. If you tried to imply that women are somehow oppressed by this, I was merely pointing out, that this is much bigger problem for men than it is for women.

6. Right. But all the rapes are sexual assaults.

7. Oh yes, it is.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network
Insidb said:
TH3-D0S3R said:

Women throwing themselves to Trump is not assault under any circumstance, they were willingly throwing themselves at the man. Weinstein on the other hand, a huge backer of the Democratic party, was making girls have sex with him to move up in Hollywood. THAT is vile.

Other examples include Anthony Weiner, Bill Clinton, Al Franken, George Takeshi, etc. I fail to see how this is Trump's fault.

To paraphrase his quote: "I don't ask for consent. I commit sexual assault."

You're right- that's an incorrect paraphrase if I've ever heard it. No point in commenting further on it.

I didn't realize that was a goal that needed to be achieved.

TH3-D0S3R said:
Insidb said:

You're right- that's an incorrect paraphrase if I've ever heard it. No point in commenting further on it.

TrumpI moved on her like a bitch. But I couldn’t get there. 

Trump: Yeah, that’s her. With the gold. I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.

Bush: Whatever you want.

Trump: Grab ’em by the pussy. You can do anything.

That is non-consensual sexual contact and de facto sexual assault, regardless of how you or Trump tries to retroactively justify his actions.

Insidb said:
Ruler said:

More like we have problems with rich guys who think they can do what ever they want, if you refer to the Weinstein scandal here? What has Donald Trump to do with US Police violence in general which was going rampant under Obama and beyond?

He's encouraging, through his cabinet selections and rhetoric.

Beyond that, the family has a racist history that was only fortified by his most recent racist comments about Haitians and Nigerians.

Like any previous president did, Obama always said cops>everyone else when asked about police violence in the end of the day.

You know that the US always had a questionable policy to these countries, and foreign policy in general. The US invaded Haiti in 1994 and changed its government under Clinton. The 1966 coup in Nigeria that lead to a civil war probably had also CIA involvement. So what you are saying is that its okay to have colonial policy as long as you say nice words?

Around the Network
Insidb said:
TH3-D0S3R said:

Trump: Yeah, that’s her. With the gold. I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.

That is non-consensual sexual contact and de facto sexual assault, regardless of how you or Trump tries to retroactively justify his actions.

What are you talking about?  He said "When you're a star, they let you do it". He didn't say anything about no meaning yes or anything along those lines. 

Insidb said:
TH3-D0S3R said:

Women throwing themselves to Trump is not assault under any circumstance, they were willingly throwing themselves at the man. Weinstein on the other hand, a huge backer of the Democratic party, was making girls have sex with him to move up in Hollywood. THAT is vile.

Other examples include Anthony Weiner, Bill Clinton, Al Franken, George Takeshi, etc. I fail to see how this is Trump's fault.

That's just you projecting, bud.

Once again a thread about race or sex on vgchartz makes me ashamed to share the same forum as some of these posters.

OT: I really did not enjoy Wonder Woman. I like the Last Jedi a Lot but I think They has less screen time also. I can't bring myself to watch Beauty and the Beast because I think its lazy just to make live action versions of cartoons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

what about that Ghostbusters thing in 2016?

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Insidb said:
TH3-D0S3R said:

They let you do it. AKA, not assault. The women he had relations with allowed it, meaning there was consent between the two parties. Trump before being president was a powerful businessman, and I guarantee you if he felt as if he would get into some heat, he'd get out of there quicker than boiling water in a hot pot.

I don't want to defend this quote because I believe in loyalty, but saying this is clear assault is purely asinine. That's why the media dropped it, there's nothing there. The media hates Trump, and if they truly thought there was a 0.00000000000001% (such as the illegitimate, partisan Russia investigation) of something there, especially in today's society, they would go after him on this 24/7.

But guess what? They don't, further showing the evidence of nothing there.