Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Ultrashroomz said:
Me right now:

It didn't win GOTY because it's game of the gen.

Last edited by deskpro2k3 - on 25 December 2017

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
John2290 said:
Unreservedly so imo, not near as good of a game as it is made out to be

Unreservedly? Lol

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
John2290 said:
Unreservedly so imo, not near as good of a game as it is made out to be

Unreservedly? Lol

I think he's still salty that BotW has more GOTY awards than HZD.

Updated results.

Around the Network
Kai_Mao said:

With so many great games that have released throughout 2017, it’s amazing how Zelda is able to remain in gaming conversations (not just including talk on its DLC) despite releasing back in March. Gaming websites and personnel online have mentioned talking about the game on numerous occassions over the course of the year, discovering bits and pieces of the world through their own eyes and providing distinct stories. I think that part alone makes it worthy of all these awards, not to mention as a whole, BoTW provides an incredible package and has been able to stand out despite the over saturation of open world games.

Of course, all these games that are being mentioned deserved to be discussed as GotY candidates and potential winners as well. It just shows how much Zelda was able to do to stand out like this.

The fact that it manages to stand out so much at a time when open world play-it-your-way games are so oversaturated is really a testament to the genius of Breath of the Wild's design. It takes a genre that had been milked to the point of exhaustion and revolutionizes it, throwing the old rule book out the window and writing a whole new one built around organic interactivity and freedom.

Up until now, when an open world game presented me with an impassable rock wall 4 meters high, or fire not igniting grass or a wooden shield, I just accepted it as a limitation of gaming as a medium. Now, after Botw, I see them as obsolete design. Like all truly revolutionary products, Botw makes me wonder how I could ever have been happy with the old way of doing things.

I want to play nier and p5 before i personally make judgement.

BotW and XC2 are tied for me with SMO in third

mZuzek said:
aikohualda said:

Never played RDR... but if MP4 comes out next year as good as the first 2 games.. would it steal some steam from RDR 2?

I don't think so, Metroid Prime isn't anywhere near as mainstream. In any case, Prime 4 isn't coming next year, so don't get your hopes up for nothing.

well the first MP bagged some GOTY that's why i think it is a possibility especially if it will thrive on a "successful" console.... well i have my hopes up for 2018

Actually, what's REALLY news to me is how Uncharted 4 was the BIG winner for 2016, and not Overwatch which won at the Game Awards. I had no idea. Looks like MOST critics actually did love the hell out of that game. HELL YEAH, rightfully so. That's like 3 Naughty Dog games now being the most awarded in their respective years - Uncharted 2, The Last of Us and now Uncharted 4.

Last edited by StreaK - on 26 December 2017

And the numbers for Zelda just keeps on increasing!

Pocky Lover Boy!