By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Zelda Breath of the Wild is dominating GOTY awards

Can anyone else think of an IP that is 30 years old and winning GOTY awards still? I can't.

Around the Network
Acevil said:
Errorist76 said:
Damn I so want to play it. Doesn’t make my decision easier...can’t decide between PSVR or Switch after Christmas.

I would hold off on both, realistically, Switch and PSVR should both have price reduction come next full year. Unless of course $50 to $100 is not deal breaker. 

Switch is a great console, and while I am not sold on VR as platform (Will get one eventually), I assume you will have use for it, but I can see waiting on both, if you are not huge on either. 

Possible Switch price cut is for second half of next year (probably Q4) and we talking about $50 price cut, so I dont know if is worth to wait almost hole year for possible price cut of $50 when Switch already have some must play and great games.

I still need to go back to BOTW, for the 4th time, and finish it. It just doesn't blow me away, like it seems to with others, It's a good game, but i definitely was more sucked in by Horizon Zero Dawn, than BOTW. Maybe it's because i played Horizon, first?

Last edited by Sixteenvolt420 - on 24 December 2017

Sixteenvolt420 said:

I still need to go back to BOTW, for the 4th time, and finish it. It just doesn't blow me away, like it seems to with others, It's a good game, but i definitely was more sucked in by Horizon Zero Dawn, than BOTW. Maybe it's because i played Horizon, first?

Hardly, Zelda BotW is game where focus is on exploration of world and heavy interaction with that world. It's totally OK that you like more one game over other, people have different tastes.

I think the Switch demonstrated that the console only needs to have one great excludive game to succeed. 

Around the Network
konkari said:

I think the Switch demonstrated that the console only needs to have one great excludive game to succeed. 

But it was also on the Wii U :p

But I got what you mean xD

Pocky Lover Boy! 

mZuzek said:

I think this was the best year in gaming period, so I'm happy.

I can't remember exactly what games came in what past years.  So, I can't confidently say this was the best year ever.  But, it was certainly one of the best.  Many great games, plus some awesome new hardware.  

Well deserved. It should take home majority of them and the the main ones in my opinion. I just started playinh the DLC.. damn its Brutal yet so delicious.

With so many great games that have released throughout 2017, it’s amazing how Zelda is able to remain in gaming conversations (not just including talk on its DLC) despite releasing back in March. Gaming websites and personnel online have mentioned talking about the game on numerous occassions over the course of the year, discovering bits and pieces of the world through their own eyes and providing distinct stories. I think that part alone makes it worthy of all these awards, not to mention as a whole, BoTW provides an incredible package and has been able to stand out despite the over saturation of open world games.

Of course, all these games that are being mentioned deserved to be discussed as GotY candidates and potential winners as well. It just shows how much Zelda was able to do to stand out like this.

With all nine "The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild" amiibo and The $20 Dollar Expansion Pass, this is my GOTY! It's amazing what Nintendo has done!