Forums - Gaming Discussion - Zelda Breath of the Wild is dominating GOTY awards

Poor Mario. He would've probably had those awards if only he released just a few months later.

Around the Network
S.Peelman said:
Poor Mario. He would've probably had those awards if only he released just a few months later.

Eh, next year's god Red Dead Redemption 2, that's inevitably going to take some awards. Mario could still win overall if it released 2018 but for the most part it wouldn't be anywhere nearly as dominant as it's been for Zelda now.

Well, not surprising that Zelda is winning :P Sometimes I feel tempted to spend the whooping amount of money that the Switch costs in my country just to play Zelda, Mario and Xenoblade.

Nice that Nier Automata got a few awards.

mZuzek said:
S.Peelman said:

Eh, next year's god Red Dead Redemption 2, that's inevitably going to take some awards. Mario could still win overall if it released 2018 but for the most part it wouldn't be anywhere nearly as dominant as it's been for Zelda now.

That's true. Next year's got competition too. Maybe it should've released a year earlier actually then...

S.Peelman said:
mZuzek said:

That's true. Next year's got competition too. Maybe it should've released a year earlier actually then...

Odyssey wasn't ready last year... but Zelda was

Around the Network

Updated with new results.

Nier is beating P5? Now thats unexpected.

mZuzek said:
S.Peelman said:

Odyssey wasn't ready last year... but Zelda was

Never played RDR... but if MP4 comes out next year as good as the first 2 games.. would it steal some steam from RDR 2?

Me right now:

OTBWY said:
vivster said:
Friendly reminder to not trust most reviewers.

..when a Nintendo game is getting critical acclaim.

Got it. So when Last of Us 2 hits, let's not believe the reviews. Especially if they're good.

Certain people here said the same last year when Uncharted 4 dominated Overwatch on GOTY awards, particularly when the reviews were checked from gotypicks.com, which I'm assuming is the site Miyamotoou is using.

I'd like to make a side note, if I may. The people who slandered GOTYpicks last year for Uncharted GOTY awards, who now embellish and glorify the site because of Zelda having the most GOTYs now, are acknowledging Uncharted 4 was the rightful Game of the Year last year.

That being said, it was obvious.