By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PUBG Has 30 Million Players! 25.65m on PC and 4.35m on Xbox One(steamspy)

hunter_alien said:
jason1637 said:

Yea it selling well. They have updates every Tuesday so it should be in a playable state soon.

How can anyone stand by the Xbox port even now is beyond me. The game is a mess on that platform and it was obviously rushed to meet the christam period. Shame on PU and MS for treating their fans this way.

OT: tried the PC version 2 months ago. Not my cup of tea. I get it why people like it, but Im not going to buy it anytime soon.

Well I can only speak from my own experience but I've been playing the game a lot and I haven't had any real problems with it. Yeah the frame rate when in the plane needs a bit of work but when I'm on the ground it's been  a pretty  smooth experience for me.  I guess I kept my expectations in check since it is in the game preview section and is still a work in progress.

Around the Network
hudsoniscool said:
jason1637 said:

Alright so steamspy might not be 100% reliable. But I think at least 2m is a given.

I think that's a pretty accurate number. And that's very very good. This games is so awesome I love it. Besides updating to get it running better and looking better I really want them to expand on the leaderboards. Amount of chicken dinners should have its own leaderboards. And u should be able to compare stats with friends. Also when they add first person servers, 50vs50, the other map, zombies this game is really going to take off.

Its already taking off . But yeah I have 2 chicken dinners now with 26 hours on the Xbox version. Game is super fun and I hope they can have Zombies and the new map by Spring. Don't really care for 50v50, would prefer 25v25v25v25. I expect the game to be the 2nd best selling console exclusive by the end of the year.

GhostlyTheGhost said:
hunter_alien said:

How can anyone stand by the Xbox port even now is beyond me. The game is a mess on that platform and it was obviously rushed to meet the christam period. Shame on PU and MS for treating their fans this way.

OT: tried the PC version 2 months ago. Not my cup of tea. I get it why people like it, but Im not going to buy it anytime soon.

Well I can only speak from my own experience but I've been playing the game a lot and I haven't had any real problems with it. Yeah the frame rate when in the plane needs a bit of work but when I'm on the ground it's been pretty a smooth experience for me.

Careful, some here will say you’re lying for having that opinion lol. You must have a terrible frame rate and shit experience at all times.

adisababa said:
Damn.... seriously???? 3.35 million on the Xbox One??

That's a lot of sales in such a short time, now just got to wait for it to come out of preview, or in a somewhat playable state.

Player count ≠ sales. There are people who use multiple accounts on a single console. Still pretty popular. 

Personally haven't seen anything to get me on that hype train yet. Looking at user reviews on steam the game still appears to be a mess even after it officially left Early Access. 

FIT_Gamer said:
adisababa said:

That's a lot of sales in such a short time, now just got to wait for it to come out of preview, or in a somewhat playable state.

Player count ≠ sales. There are people who use multiple accounts on a single console. Still pretty popular. 

Personally haven't seen anything to get me on that hype train yet. Looking at user reviews on steam the game still appears to be a mess even after it officially left Early Access. 

The PC version is pretty well optimized. My friend with a decent PC can get 80+ fps when a few months back he had 30-45fps.

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
GhostlyTheGhost said:

Well I can only speak from my own experience but I've been playing the game a lot and I haven't had any real problems with it. Yeah the frame rate when in the plane needs a bit of work but when I'm on the ground it's been pretty a smooth experience for me.

Careful, some here will say you’re lying for having that opinion lol. You must have a terrible frame rate and shit experience at all times.

Nobody will say he is lying. He obviously went in with normal expectations and decided to give it a passing score. Even so not calling out the developers on the game is one way you could personally hurt the industry, especially when you are vocally accepting this level of performance on what is the worlds most powerfull console.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Damn, amazing sales! If it ever reached PS4 it’s going to reach new heights!

hunter_alien said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Nobody will say he is lying. He obviously went in with normal expectations and decided to give it a passing score. Even so not calling out the developers on the game is one way you could personally hurt the industry, especially when you are vocally accepting this level of performance on what is the worlds most powerfull console.

Not true, I've been called a liar for voicing that same experience in another PUBG thread :)

"accepting this level of performance" uh it's a game preview title. Early access. That would basically be like bitching that a beta has issues. aka, a joke and a complete waste of time and energy. The industry is rife with issues you can campaign against. One of the best handled early access titles is not one of them.

All imho of course.

jason1637 said:
adisababa said:

Yea it selling well. They have updates every Tuesday so it should be in a playable state soon.

It was always playable, the poor frame rate is more at the begining of a game for a minute or two.

If they clean that up though and make it less of an eye sore, that would be nice.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

LudicrousSpeed said:
GhostlyTheGhost said:

LOL!