By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PUBG Has 30 Million Players! 25.65m on PC and 4.35m on Xbox One(steamspy)

ArchangelMadzz said:
Why even finish games anymore? You can make an insane amount of money with a cool idea and little work in polish.

This game works very well on xbox now with the new patch we got today.

Around the Network
irstupid said:
COKTOE said:

wHAT?!

The point of the border is that it makes the playable area smaller. After certain time the borders shrinks. This keeps the game moving.

If you have 100 people scattered around a giant land mass the game could take hours to finish. By shrinking the area every few minutes it makes it so that everyone is forced finally into a small area.

I mean imagine if the area never shrunk and its was finally down to just 2 people. They could be on opposite sides of the map and spend 20 minutes driving around the island looking for one another. Or imagine someone just hiding out in some place with a  sniper scope and never moving the whole game. Just hiding and waiting forever until everyone quits or they manage to snipe everyone. boring.

Thanks for the very concise explanation. VGC 1 - Google 0.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Pretty insane sales for the Xbox. Assuming each person uses 2 accounts on the Xbox (which seems pretty reasonable as an estimate), that puts PUBG on the Xbox past 2 million. Guess the marketing hype for it really worked (even though it kinda runs like shit so far).

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Snoopy said:
ArchangelMadzz said:
Why even finish games anymore? You can make an insane amount of money with a cool idea and little work in polish.

The PC version runs badly too, poorly optimised. Again, no need to finish games in this current age when you can make a shit tonne of money with a concept. 

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

jason1637 said:
hudsoniscool said:

I'm pretty sure in Asia it's possible to but if from somewhere else. Only 420k players have played solo on the Europe servers(on Xbox), and only 100k in Asia . That's 520k between the 2. I can't get a number for North America because that's where I regularly play, but it's probably 1-1.5 million.

In Asia you buy it from steam.  Even if you bought it fr another store you will play using the steam servers so they will count in that 26.65m players. I doubt the game sold over 4m because of game sharing. I think it sold around 3m.

Steamspy doesn't count who use the servers though... It's a scrubber that goes through user libraries to create an estimate. Even if everyone plays on the same servers, Steamspy won't count them if they didn't buy it on Steam, if you can buy it elsewhere.

Last edited by Teeqoz - on 22 December 2017

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
jason1637 said:

In Asia you buy it from steam.  Even if you bought it fr another store you will play using the steam servers so they will count in that 26.65m players. I doubt the game sold over 4m because of game sharing. I think it sold around 3m.

Steamspy doesn't count who use the servers though... It's a scrubber that goes through user libraries to create an estimate. Even if everyone plays on the same servers, Steamspy won't count them if they didn't buy it on Steam, if you can buy it elsewhere.

Okay thanks for clarifying. BTW do u know if there's a way to buy it in other countries?

jason1637 said:
Teeqoz said:

Okay thanks for clarifying. BTW do u know if there's a way to buy it in other countries?

Have no idea.

Snoopy said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

What about on the original xbox one.  Has that improved also?

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Gamertag:  GamertagOz70

adisababa said:
Damn.... seriously???? 3.35 million on the Xbox One??

That's a lot of sales in such a short time, now just got to wait for it to come out of preview, or in a somewhat playable state.

The game is at 30 bucks. The sales are great but it was to be expected considering its success on PC and the price. The real question and aspect that would be interesting is to check how many players on X1 have been active for less than a month or something, or in other words, how many X1s were bought specifically thanks to PUBG.

3sexty said:
Snoopy said:

What about on the original xbox one.  Has that improved also?

I play on OG Xbox and the game has been improved a lot since the patch. With less recoil shooting feels more solid and framerates seem more consistent. Also yesterday I had 15 games crash and today only had 1 crash since the update.