By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PUBG Has 30 Million Players! 25.65m on PC and 4.35m on Xbox One(steamspy)

That's actually surprisingly low. I was expecting something like 50m by now. Maybe it's already fading.

Last edited by vivster - on 22 December 2017

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

PUBG's second patch is now available on Xbox One, following its launch at 4 a.m. ET (9 a.m. UK time) on December 22. Players must install a 4.36 GB update before starting the game, which can be downloaded over Xbox Live.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

LudicrousSpeed said:
hunter_alien said:

Nobody will say he is lying. He obviously went in with normal expectations and decided to give it a passing score. Even so not calling out the developers on the game is one way you could personally hurt the industry, especially when you are vocally accepting this level of performance on what is the worlds most powerfull console.

Not true, I've been called a liar for voicing that same experience in another PUBG thread :)

"accepting this level of performance" uh it's a game preview title. Early access. That would basically be like bitching that a beta has issues. aka, a joke and a complete waste of time and energy. The industry is rife with issues you can campaign against. One of the best handled early access titles is not one of them.

All imho of course.

Except its nothing like that as nobody is asking 30$ for a beta. I have nothing against people having fun with the title, but this trend in general pisses me off, the one where we release a preview for a quick cash grab. Back in the days it would ahve been called a multiplayer demo. Now its early access.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

hunter_alien said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Not true, I've been called a liar for voicing that same experience in another PUBG thread :)

"accepting this level of performance" uh it's a game preview title. Early access. That would basically be like bitching that a beta has issues. aka, a joke and a complete waste of time and energy. The industry is rife with issues you can campaign against. One of the best handled early access titles is not one of them.

All imho of course.

Except its nothing like that as nobody is asking 30$ for a beta. I have nothing against people having fun with the title, but this trend in general pisses me off, the one where we release a preview for a quick cash grab. Back in the days it would ahve been called a multiplayer demo. Now its early access.

Except here you get unlimited access to the game, and when it releases, you own it. So you aren't paying $30 for a beta, you're paying $30 for the game, which you can play before release. Game Preview/Early Access is literally plastered all over the place when you try to buy it (not any more on Steam of course since it's officially out), so it's not as if anyone is having wool thrown over their eyes here.

Not all Early Access games are handled as well as this was, but bitching about this one just because it's an early access title would be like bitching about DLC just because Battlefront 2 exists. Developers exist on both sides of the spectrum and some of them actually do a good job. Take H1Z1 for example. It's been in Early Access for years and after Sony sold off or closed the studio, the game went through a major change and is now two titles. PUBG was in Early Access for around 8 months. It was handled very well.

And personally, I don't have any issue with it because we're told upfront it's a Game Preview title. I don't expect flawless performance, because it's a Game Preview title. I don't expect it to be as feature rich as other titles, because it's a Game Preview title. Furthermore, the problems with the game have been massively overblown.

There just seems to be much bigger fish you could fry. To me, a game like Destiny 2 being literally built from the ground up for DLC and microtransactions is infinitely more harmful than PUBG. You could also make a case that there are plenty of games you could call early access that release and cost $60. Games as a service type games. GT Sport being the latest.

I’m pretty confident MS would have announced such an impressive sales milestone, as they did when it hit 1mill. As has been discussed (including by the OP), it’s most likely closer to 2-3mill. Still great sales, but not 4.35mill. Is the thread not going to be updated?

Around the Network
hunter_alien said:
jason1637 said:

Yea it selling well. They have updates every Tuesday so it should be in a playable state soon.

How can anyone stand by the Xbox port even now is beyond me. The game is a mess on that platform and it was obviously rushed to meet the christam period. Shame on PU and MS for treating their fans this way.

OT: tried the PC version 2 months ago. Not my cup of tea. I get it why people like it, but Im not going to buy it anytime soon.

Same on PC tho, but it is so fun.   

COKTOE said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

I mean unless you don't know what the game's about at all you're not going  to learn the fun of it till you play it.

It's a battle royale game with 100 players on a big map. You can get weapons by foraging around. You can get cars to use to get to the waypoint. If you don't make it to the waypoint a blue border kills you. The fun in it is the tension, but you're going to have to decide for yourself if that's fun, because a lot of people think it's a boring game. 

wHAT?!

The point of the border is that it makes the playable area smaller. After certain time the borders shrinks. This keeps the game moving.

If you have 100 people scattered around a giant land mass the game could take hours to finish. By shrinking the area every few minutes it makes it so that everyone is forced finally into a small area.

I mean imagine if the area never shrunk and its was finally down to just 2 people. They could be on opposite sides of the map and spend 20 minutes driving around the island looking for one another. Or imagine someone just hiding out in some place with a  sniper scope and never moving the whole game. Just hiding and waiting forever until everyone quits or they manage to snipe everyone. boring.

Also good news:

Bluehole: "How do we stop people cheating in PUBG?"

Tencent: "We have opened an anti cheat task force and worked with the police to arrest 120 individuals who have been selling cheat software for the game illegally"

pitzy272 said:
I’m pretty confident MS would have announced such an impressive sales milestone, as they did when it hit 1mill. As has been discussed (including by the OP), it’s most likely closer to 2-3mill. Still great sales, but not 4.35mill. Is the thread not going to be updated?

Edited the title to have (steamspy).

Why even finish games anymore? You can make an insane amount of money with a cool idea and little work in polish.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'