By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What is the poorest you have ever been?

Never what you would call poor. I never even had debt in my life. Coming from a middleclass single mom and not being a complete moron apparently works

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Before my parents divorced (when I was 10-11), I'm pretty sure we were richer than average (we live in a big house with a huge garden). After that however we got on the poor side. We weren't really poor, but we were definitely below average. Now that me and my brothers are getting older, my mother can work full time again so we have more money now than a few years ago.

When I was unemployed, broke, and had trouble finding work.

It was horrible! But I stayed in shape to avoid going crazy.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

It has not been easy for me. I started off in Brooklyn. My father gave me a small loan of a million dollars.

I know... my English sucks.

When I was student, I lived out of soup and some bread at lunch. I managed to cook with 4 friends so we could split the costs for eating.

I remember managing to live out of 20€ for a week at one time.

I had a toothache and had to go to the dentist, my acocunt dipped in the negative for two weeks.

I never asked my parents for financial help.

Around the Network

Worst was being middle class. Very thankful for what I have been given and take every opportunity I can

Never poor, but I also didn't get a car until I was 32. What a money pit those things are!

As a student I lived in a small 'apartment', 12 to a floor, shared kitchen, phone, no laundry. I ate at the university, bought cheap food and had the dollar cinema for entertainment. Yet living on my own was the life of luxury, plus it was in Amsterdam, cheap beer at the fraternity, coffee shop around the corner. I used to play games at the university after hours in the computer room.

right now for me.

My job got outcourced. The only positive thing I can say is there are jobs openings allover. As it was 7 years ago the only job ads I would see would be national guard ads.

Been poor my entire life, i just go to college with loans to live in denial.

BasilZero said:
SvennoJ said:

Never poor, but I also didn't get a car until I was 32.

Damn, cant imagine that lol

I'm not even in my 30s yet and that sounds rough.

How'd you manage to travel around? Bus/Bike?

I learned how to drive when I was 13, got my license and my first car when I was 15.

15? Where do you live??

I just turned 18, so I could get my license now, but I feel like I'm still too young for that. I can't imagine 15 year old driving around.