By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Disney and 21st Century Fox Deal to Reportedly Close on Thursday

LivingMetal said:
hunter_alien said:

Except Logan was the best superhero movie ever made? It pretty much transcended the boundaries of the genre and could stand on its own as any other classic action noire movies. Nothing that Disney released in the ast decade even comes close to where that movie went.

So.  Fox whored out Wolverine when there were so many memorable X-men characters in the comics.  Kitty Pride should have been the one to have time traveled in the X-men Days of Future Past Movie, NOT Wolverine.  This should have been Fox's chance for another X-men movie character to shine as it worked SO well in the comic, but NOPE.  Fox's movie Wolverine, character for the easily impressed general masses.

Funny to say so, as Logan was one of the few superhero movies that actually deserved the critical praise it got. I don't give  afuck about the X-men and I usually not   afan of the superhero universes (regardless of DC or Marvel or whatever niche garbage somebody is swearing for), so the fact that this movie actually clicked with me speaks volumes. But allas, I guess this would be something way to hard to understand for somebody like yourself. Because FML, Kitty Pride should have time traveled...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

While it'll be nice for Disney/Marvel to have all those characters under the same roof again, and I'm sure they'll do some very fun things with them moving forward, I also can't help but feel a bit saddened by this as well. It seems like Fox was just kind of finding their own niche in the superhero movie market, with movies like Deadpool, and Logan. They were finally coming around to the idea of taking some chances and experimenting in targeting more mature audiences, rather than going for the family friendly, happy go lucky vibe Disney seems to push on absolutely everything.

hunter_alien said:
LivingMetal said:

So.  Fox whored out Wolverine when there were so many memorable X-men characters in the comics.  Kitty Pride should have been the one to have time traveled in the X-men Days of Future Past Movie, NOT Wolverine.  This should have been Fox's chance for another X-men movie character to shine as it worked SO well in the comic, but NOPE.  Fox's movie Wolverine, character for the easily impressed general masses.

Funny to say so, as Logan was one of the few superhero movies that actually deserved the critical praise it got. I don't give  afuck about the X-men and I usually not   afan of the superhero universes (regardless of DC or Marvel or whatever niche garbage somebody is swearing for), so the fact that this movie actually clicked with me speaks volumes. But allas, I guess this would be something way to hard to understand for somebody like yourself. Because FML, Kitty Pride should have time traveled...

Let me be clear that even though I have yet so see Logan (Fox is NOT getting my money), I do believe that Logan did deserve the praises that it received.  So credit has been given when due.  But there was so much more that Fox could have done with the X-men characters that would have catered to both the general audience (an overall quality production) and comic fans alike (staying more faithful to the original source material aesthetically.)

This is terrible. Disney owns too many IPs and pop culture assets. This also gives the Avatar, The Simpsons, Ice Age, Planet of the Apes, The X Files, Archer, Bob's Burgers, Family Guy, and much more. People celebrating X-Men and F4 in the MCU are shortsighted. Too much corporate power.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

I'm more worried about 2019 when the Disney/Netflix deal comes to an end. Disney wants to create a service similar to Netflix but I don't see why I should pay twice to get the same content I have today with Netflix only.

EDIT: Wait a second, if Disney acquires 21st Century Fox, they can take even more stuff out of Netflix? This is bad, very bad.

Around the Network
CrazyGamer2017 said:

I'm more worried about 2019 when the Disney/Netflix deal comes to an end. Disney wants to create a service similar to Netflix but I don't see why I should pay twice to get the same content I have today with Netflix only.

EDIT: Wait a second, if Disney acquires 21st Century Fox, they can take even more stuff out of Netflix? This is bad, very bad.

There's a reason Netflix is getting ready to dump like 7-8 billion dollars into original content next year

Say goodbye to any R rated franchises is/when this happens.... Although I would love to be wrong.

Signalstar said:
This is terrible. Disney owns too many IPs and pop culture assets. This also gives the Avatar, The Simpsons, Ice Age, Planet of the Apes, The X Files, Archer, Bob's Burgers, Family Guy, and much more. People celebrating X-Men and F4 in the MCU are shortsighted. Too much corporate power.

Would you rather Fox be bought by something more alike itself? Would you rather Paramount or Universal swallow up Fox? At least Disney is a tad more diverse. 

CrazyGamer2017 said:

Well now Disney can justify their own thing, and it won't be all light sabers and spandex and princesses no?

Guitarguy said:
Say goodbye to any R rated franchises is/when this happens.... Although I would love to be wrong.

....You know, just because Disney makes a lot of family friendly stuff doesn't mean they can't do scary, creepy, or otherwise unsettling. Disney shows aren't all Mickey Mouse Club House and Hannah Montana, and same with movies. 

Clearly, Disney can't go into dark directions. 

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

KrspaceT said:
Signalstar said:

Would you rather Fox be bought by something more alike itself? Would you rather Paramount or Universal swallow up Fox? At least Disney is a tad more diverse. 

CrazyGamer2017 said:

Well now Disney can justify their own thing, and it won't be all light sabers and spandex and princesses no?

Guitarguy said:

....You know, just because Disney makes a lot of family friendly stuff doesn't mean they can't do scary, creepy, or otherwise unsettling. Disney shows aren't all Mickey Mouse Club House and Hannah Montana, and same with movies. 

Clearly, Disney can't go into dark directions. 

Have Disney ever put out an R rated film though? Dark direction is all well and good but a would a movie like Logan or Deadpool come out from them? I'd love to be proven wrong.

Guitarguy said:

If you need R-rated franchises to validate your existence, then you better look elsewhere for the meaning of life.