Forums - General Discussion - Disney and 21st Century Fox Deal to Reportedly Close on Thursday

Ka-pi96 said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Do you prefer fox trashing fantastic four and xmen ?

I generally hate super hero movies but enjoy Xmen. So no, I don't want Disney trashing that. I want Fox to keep making good Xmen movies like they have been. Couldn't care less for fantastic four, too generic boring superheroish for me, should fit right in with Disney's stuff though.

Therefore, the X-men movie franchise isn't a good super hero movie franchise.  Confirmed.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

I generally hate super hero movies but enjoy Xmen. So no, I don't want Disney trashing that. I want Fox to keep making good Xmen movies like they have been. Couldn't care less for fantastic four, too generic boring superheroish for me, should fit right in with Disney's stuff though.

Well its done, disney will get the rights, you have one more main xmen movie to enjoy, X-MEN dark phoenix, made by the writer of the fantastic x men last stand xD

I hate them myself, the fucking pedophile Brian Singer and fox butchered my favourite comics.

Avengers vs. X-Men will become a reality! Also Fantastic Four done properly, we might actually get the Dr. Doom we deserve onscreen! Galactus for the next big bad guy in the MCU after Thanos?! :o

... Hopefully they don't mess with Deadpool though, keep him as is!

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Boo. Stop buying everything disney!

OT : it sucks that this deal didnt hapen sooner, now its too late and we will get another turd of a xmen fox movie, they will ruin for a second time the phoenix saga...

Marvel justs needs to keep deadpool the way it is.

Except Logan was the best superhero movie ever made? It pretty much transcended the boundaries of the genre and could stand on its own as any other classic action noire movies. Nothing that Disney released in the ast decade even comes close to where that movie went.

hunter_alien said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

OT : it sucks that this deal didnt hapen sooner, now its too late and we will get another turd of a xmen fox movie, they will ruin for a second time the phoenix saga...

Marvel justs needs to keep deadpool the way it is.

Except Logan was the best superhero movie ever made? It pretty much transcended the boundaries of the genre and could stand on its own as any other classic action noire movies. Nothing that Disney released in the ast decade even comes close to where that movie went.

So.  Fox whored out Wolverine when there were so many memorable X-men characters in the comics.  Kitty Pride should have been the one to have time traveled in the X-men Days of Future Past Movie, NOT Wolverine.  This should have been Fox's chance for another X-men movie character to shine as it worked SO well in the comic, but NOPE.  Fox's movie Wolverine, character for the easily impressed general masses.

Around the Network
LivingMetal said:
hunter_alien said:

So.  Fox whored out Wolverine when there were so many memorable X-men characters in the comics.  Kitty Pride should have been the one to have time traveled in the X-men Days of Future Past Movie, NOT Wolverine.  This should have been Fox's chance for another X-men movie character to shine as it worked SO well in the comic, but NOPE.  Fox's movie Wolverine, character for the easily impressed general masses.

Funny to say so, as Logan was one of the few superhero movies that actually deserved the critical praise it got. I don't give  afuck about the X-men and I usually not   afan of the superhero universes (regardless of DC or Marvel or whatever niche garbage somebody is swearing for), so the fact that this movie actually clicked with me speaks volumes. But allas, I guess this would be something way to hard to understand for somebody like yourself. Because FML, Kitty Pride should have time traveled...

Finally.

Maybe now Disney/Marvel will allow Capcom to introduce X-men characters as DLC in the future for the latest MvsC - or make a new one in the future with them.

Basil's YouTube Channel

While it'll be nice for Disney/Marvel to have all those characters under the same roof again, and I'm sure they'll do some very fun things with them moving forward, I also can't help but feel a bit saddened by this as well. It seems like Fox was just kind of finding their own niche in the superhero movie market, with movies like Deadpool, and Logan. They were finally coming around to the idea of taking some chances and experimenting in targeting more mature audiences, rather than going for the family friendly, happy go lucky vibe Disney seems to push on absolutely everything.

hunter_alien said:
LivingMetal said:

Funny to say so, as Logan was one of the few superhero movies that actually deserved the critical praise it got. I don't give  afuck about the X-men and I usually not   afan of the superhero universes (regardless of DC or Marvel or whatever niche garbage somebody is swearing for), so the fact that this movie actually clicked with me speaks volumes. But allas, I guess this would be something way to hard to understand for somebody like yourself. Because FML, Kitty Pride should have time traveled...

Let me be clear that even though I have yet so see Logan (Fox is NOT getting my money), I do believe that Logan did deserve the praises that it received.  So credit has been given when due.  But there was so much more that Fox could have done with the X-men characters that would have catered to both the general audience (an overall quality production) and comic fans alike (staying more faithful to the original source material aesthetically.)

LivingMetal said:
hunter_alien said:

Sounds like Disney's target audience with their overly generic trash.

Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702