By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - November 2017 NPD Thread! PS4 > XBO > Switch

KazumaKiryu said:
usa, november: PS4 with 1.582 Million >>> xboxone

Incredible. The PlayStation 4 beats in the XboxOne X-launch month, the entire Xbox family in the home country usa. In 2018 the difference will be even bigger, because the biggest games-flood appears on one console, the PS4!

Like how the Switch "beats" the PS4 in its home country? 

Being outsold isn't everything. A console can still sell more but the consoles can continue to do well.

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
jason1637 said:

Being outsold isn't everything. A console can still sell more but the consoles can continue to do well.

USA is Microsofts best selling place. If they aren't selling here - they aren't selling well anywhere.

That isn't true for Playstation.  Even without Japan they have Europe.

Ok but they sold well in North America, uk, and australia/ nz so whats the problem? it is also up YoY in Germany

Bandorr said:
jason1637 said:

USA is Microsofts best selling place. If they aren't selling here - they aren't selling well anywhere.

That isn't true for Playstation.  Even without Japan they have Europe.

True but the XB1 sold well this November and will probably go on to sell over 4m.

Still the point of my reply was that because someone else it outselling you in you're home country doesn't mean you're selling badly.

Bandorr said:
jason1637 said:

True but the XB1 sold well this November and will probably go on to sell over 4m.

Still the point of my reply was that because someone else it outselling you in you're home country doesn't mean you're selling badly.

Yeah it gets into that weird definition of what is success. In a bubble everything sold well.

The issue is that you kinda have to compare things to get a proper perspective. But then you get into really wonky areas.

For example : I don't know how well one piece games are selling on Xbox, but apparently they are selling well enough to keep getting them. So is "good enough" success? Or do we need a certain number or percentage to qualify that?

As long as it  meets or surpasses  expectations I consider it to be a success. 

DonFerrari said:
TheBlackNaruto said:
Well wow this thread went.......left lol. Great sales for all imo. A very strong month for all consoles. And what is up with this the Switch did bad? Didn't it do about the same as the PS4 on its first Nov? And I am sure that the people saying the Switch did bad would not be saying the PS4 did bad......quickrick in particular who seems to be bashing to just be bashing for some reason......

This was indeed a great month for all and I am looking forward to see what Dec brings!!!

If you had the patience to read the full thread you would see "the reasons" why 800+ for PS4 first November was fantastic and 800- for Switch is flop level =p

Are you being sarcastic here?

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
DonFerrari said:

If you had the patience to read the full thread you would see "the reasons" why 800+ for PS4 first November was fantastic and 800- for Switch is flop level =p

No he's just stating the fact that it's some kind of projection to deflect from the original "flop".

DonFerrari said:
TheBlackNaruto said:
Well wow this thread went.......left lol. Great sales for all imo. A very strong month for all consoles. And what is up with this the Switch did bad? Didn't it do about the same as the PS4 on its first Nov? And I am sure that the people saying the Switch did bad would not be saying the PS4 did bad......quickrick in particular who seems to be bashing to just be bashing for some reason......

This was indeed a great month for all and I am looking forward to see what Dec brings!!!

I see what you did there lol. But things just went south and it makes no sense to me lol. Sure there were people that over shot the Switch but it still did very well despite those few......people lol.

Bandorr said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

My guess is expectations. Certain lets say "users" expected the switch to absolutely explode this month. Despite any actual discounts thought it would sell better than anything else.

As soon as information came out that infact the switch was third - people got disappointed and salty.

Even to the point of disillusion. I mean there was arguing that "best sales ever since launch" meant sales better than the launch month. There expectations were so out of line with reality that they were just trying to just argue that the words "since launch" just didn't matter and should be ignored.

That and I guess no one really expected to have it outsold 2-1 by a console 4 years old.

The numbers are great. Oh and I have no clue what is going on with Quickrick. Guy seems nuts.

Yeah expectations of some were all over the place but the fact that the Switch numbers were indeed very well can't be disputed lol. The people saying it did bad were just being "those two words we are not allowed to use" and it is sad and needs to stop for real.

Now as for the bolded I did see that and thought that people could not be serious.....it was clear what was meant with that statement and to try and flip it was beyond me. And yes the guy seems all over the place with his rants smh.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Errorist76 said:
KLAMarine said:

No he's just stating the fact that it's some kind of projection to deflect from the original "flop".

I'm afraid I still don't follow: what original flop?

PortisheadBiscuit said:
CrazyGamer2017 said:

How ignorant you are if you don't know what "within the period covered here" means or the fact this thread is about November.

And on top of that you are stubborn and can't even admit your blunder. And to add stupidity to ignorance you know BETTER than me what I meant to say?

It's like with every word you are making yourself look even worse in regard to this argument. Seriously stop it man it's embarrassing.

Why are you even quoting "within the period covered here" when that isn't the phrase I was referring to?  Are you that arrogant to not admit what you really meant? To resort to fabricating and twisting the meaning of your own words. Sad. 

Because I quote what I SAID since you are acting all high and mighty on WHAT I SAID, so I need to remind you that WHAT I SAID is not what you are trying to pass for WHAT I SAID. This would be obvious for anyone not so stubborn to the point of ignoring the obvious. What's your issue? I mean feeling so insecure just cause I'm talking about the release of a game not influencing the sales of the Switch as much as could have been expected? Seriously see a psychologist or whatever. Not that I believe in those guys but maybe they can help you... Unless you're 10 years old in which case you are simply acting your age so yeah, in that case forget about the psychologist I guess.

Last edited by CrazyGamer2017 - on 18 December 2017

zorg1000 said:
CrazyGamer2017 said:

Wait are you really pulling that string? Seriously? OMG he is pulling that string.

I guess I'm gonna have to spell it out: Mario released at the END of October and thus NOVEMBER is the true first month of sales of the Switch in relation to that game OBVIOUSLY, captain obvious.

He really tried to pull that string, I'm like wow...

No need to be a dick, you said it RELEASED IN THE PERIOD COVERED, it didnt and i was just pointing that out. Dont throw a hissy fit because someone corrected you.

I'm just surprised that you try to split hairs with an end of the month release as if the true full month for that game and the Switch sales IN REGARD to that game was not November when it clearly is.

If you want to correct me fine but at least do it on something that needs correcting and not on some cop-out like "oh but the game released in October". as if the sales ended on October 31 only 3 or 4 days after release and that this was the end for that game.

Just hoping you won't act as insecure as that other guy about the Switch though.

So far this is disappointing, no one seems to seriously discuss the issue and a few get all insecure about my remarks regarding November sales. Perhaps the thread should be 18+ in the hopes one can meet people that want to discuss the issue maturely instead of going all defensive as if discussing the issue was an attack or something.