By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - November 2017 NPD Thread! PS4 > XBO > Switch

CrazyGamer2017 said:
zorg1000 said:

No need to be a dick, you said it RELEASED IN THE PERIOD COVERED, it didnt and i was just pointing that out. Dont throw a hissy fit because someone corrected you.

I'm just surprised that you try to split hairs with an end of the month release as if the true full month for that game and the Switch sales IN REGARD to that game was not November when it clearly is.

If you want to correct me fine but at least do it on something that needs correcting and not on some cop-out like "oh but the game released in October". as if the sales ended on October 31 only 3 or 4 days after release and that this was the end for that game.

Just hoping you won't act as insecure as that other guy about the Switch though.

So far this is disappointing, no one seems to seriously discuss the issue and a few get all insecure about my remarks regarding November sales. Perhaps the thread should be 18+ in the hopes one can meet people that want to discuss the issue maturely instead of going all defensive as if discussing the issue was an attack or something.

Again your acting like a dick, i was simply pointing out an incorrect statement, i wasnt arguing against any of the points you were making.

Maybe if you want a mature discussion than act mauture.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
CrazyGamer2017 said:

I'm just surprised that you try to split hairs with an end of the month release as if the true full month for that game and the Switch sales IN REGARD to that game was not November when it clearly is.

If you want to correct me fine but at least do it on something that needs correcting and not on some cop-out like "oh but the game released in October". as if the sales ended on October 31 only 3 or 4 days after release and that this was the end for that game.

Just hoping you won't act as insecure as that other guy about the Switch though.

So far this is disappointing, no one seems to seriously discuss the issue and a few get all insecure about my remarks regarding November sales. Perhaps the thread should be 18+ in the hopes one can meet people that want to discuss the issue maturely instead of going all defensive as if discussing the issue was an attack or something.

Again your acting like a dick, i was simply pointing out an incorrect statement, i wasnt arguing against any of the points you were making.

It's "then" act mature, not than... Sorry you wanted to correct me on November sales for a game that came at the very end of October so I'm sure you don't mind me correcting your grammar? Or is that immature? I don't know anymore LOL.

But according to you, discussing the November figures for a game that was released at the very end of October is wrong or immature so yeah, what do I know

Of course since you keep avoiding the issue of those November sales, I couldn't say whether you'd discuss those maturely or not since you are, well avoiding that.

CrazyGamer2017 said:
zorg1000 said:

It's "then" act mature, not than... Sorry you wanted to correct me on November sales for a game that came at the very end of October so I'm sure you don't mind me correcting your grammar? Or is that immature? I don't know anymore LOL.

But according to you, discussing the November figures for a game that was released at the very end of October is wrong or immature so yeah, what do I know

Of course since you keep avoiding the issue of those November sales, I couldn't say whether you'd discuss those maturely or not since you are, well avoiding that.

I dont even know how to respond to this lol

I never said you couldnt discuss Mario sales for November.

And im not avoiding anything because i never disagreed with any of your points.

Are you mistaking me for a different user or something?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

jason1637 said:
KazumaKiryu said:

Incredible. The PlayStation 4 beats in the XboxOne X-launch month, the entire Xbox family in the home country usa. In 2018 the difference will be even bigger, because the biggest games-flood appears on one console, the PS4!

Like how the Switch "beats" the PS4 in its home country? 

Being outsold isn't everything. A console can still sell more but the consoles can continue to do well.

Where in his post he mentions being outsold equals not doing well? 
Are you just being defensive for no reason? Are you triggered by his post? I don't see any reason why you even responded that way.

The way I interpret it is He is amazed on how PS4  beats XBO in sales even with XBOX X launch month and due to PS4 line-up in 2018 the lead will be bigger. Even if his post is hyperbolic I don't see anything wrong with his post.

Bandorr said:
TheBlackNaruto said:
Well wow this thread went.......left lol. Great sales for all imo. A very strong month for all consoles. And what is up with this the Switch did bad? Didn't it do about the same as the PS4 on its first Nov? And I am sure that the people saying the Switch did bad would not be saying the PS4 did bad......quickrick in particular who seems to be bashing to just be bashing for some reason......

This was indeed a great month for all and I am looking forward to see what Dec brings!!!

My guess is expectations. Certain lets say "users" expected the switch to absolutely explode this month. Despite any actual discounts thought it would sell better than anything else.

As soon as information came out that infact the switch was third - people got disappointed and salty.

Even to the point of disillusion. I mean there was arguing that "best sales ever since launch" meant sales better than the launch month. There expectations were so out of line with reality that they were just trying to just argue that the words "since launch" just didn't matter and should be ignored.

That and I guess no one really expected to have it outsold 2-1 by a console 4 years old.

The numbers are great. Oh and I have no clue what is going on with Quickrick. Guy seems nuts.

And there is other part on the "Switch didn't sold disapointing amount, even though I had guessed 30-50% more"... if you expect something to do something if it do a lot more you have a unexpected good result, but it does a lot lower it is disapointing... people don't really like to look at the meaning of the words and their usage and try to make true by what they interpret then even if wrong

KLAMarine said:
DonFerrari said:

If you had the patience to read the full thread you would see "the reasons" why 800+ for PS4 first November was fantastic and 800- for Switch is flop level =p

Are you being sarcastic here?

not sarcastic. I put the "" on it because for those even if PS4 and Switch sold very similar for one it is a sign of PS2 record breaking sales and for the other it's an omen of sub 3DS sales (not saying their reasoning made any sense).

TheBlackNaruto said:
DonFerrari said:

If you had the patience to read the full thread you would see "the reasons" why 800+ for PS4 first November was fantastic and 800- for Switch is flop level =p

I see what you did there lol. But things just went south and it makes no sense to me lol. Sure there were people that over shot the Switch but it still did very well despite those few......people lol.

Bandorr said:

My guess is expectations. Certain lets say "users" expected the switch to absolutely explode this month. Despite any actual discounts thought it would sell better than anything else.

As soon as information came out that infact the switch was third - people got disappointed and salty.

Even to the point of disillusion. I mean there was arguing that "best sales ever since launch" meant sales better than the launch month. There expectations were so out of line with reality that they were just trying to just argue that the words "since launch" just didn't matter and should be ignored.

That and I guess no one really expected to have it outsold 2-1 by a console 4 years old.

The numbers are great. Oh and I have no clue what is going on with Quickrick. Guy seems nuts.

Yeah expectations of some were all over the place but the fact that the Switch numbers were indeed very well can't be disputed lol. The people saying it did bad were just being "those two words we are not allowed to use" and it is sad and needs to stop for real.

Now as for the bolded I did see that and thought that people could not be serious.....it was clear what was meant with that statement and to try and flip it was beyond me. And yes the guy seems all over the place with his rants smh.

On my opinion Switch done fantastic all considered (I expected more, even predicting PS4>X1>Switch but claiming Switch full stock even without deals could win the month so I could say I'm disapointed), and probably will have a great 2018 if Nintendo keep their release schedule tight.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Can we please let this thread die? Hory shit

NoCtiS_NoX said:
jason1637 said:

Being outsold isn't everything. A console can still sell more but the consoles can continue to do well.

Where in his post he mentions being outsold equals not doing well? 
Are you just being defensive for no reason? Are you triggered by his post? I don't see any reason why you even responded that way.

The way I interpret it is He is amazed on how PS4  beats XBO in sales even with XBOX X launch month and due to PS4 line-up in 2018 the lead will be bigger. Even if his post is hyperbolic I don't see anything wrong with his post.

Some guys are over defensive and interpret the worse way.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

LOCK THIS THREAD!!!!

It’s 46 pages of people downplaying everything and attacking each other.

Records in hardware sales were smashed for all three manufacturers and people are still downplaying A vs B, enough is enough......sheeeesh.

zorg1000 said:

I dont even know how to respond to this lol

I never said you couldnt discuss Mario sales for November.

And im not avoiding anything because i never disagreed with any of your points.

Are you mistaking me for a different user or something?

Ok, fair enough.

I was only trying to understand the correlation between the release of Super Mario Odyssey and the Switch's sales in November. But no one seems to either have an opinion or care about this specific issue.  Perhaps it is too early and we need to see what happens in December to have a more complete picture. I was thinking that maybe a lot of people have simply waited for December to purchase a Switch with Odyssey as they probably mean to either offer the game along with the system to their children or to themselves. We should probably discuss this in January.

jason1637 said:
KazumaKiryu said:

Incredible. The PlayStation 4 beats in the XboxOne X-launch month, the entire Xbox family in the home country usa. In 2018 the difference will be even bigger, because the biggest games-flood appears on one console, the PS4!

Doesn't apply here though if we are being honest. 

The NS beats the PS4 in Japan..... but its losing to the PS4 handily in EU and right now NA is a toss up. Hell the PS4 being ahead of the NS in NA by 2:1 in November means it has negated every NPD win the NS had since after its launch month. 

The XB1 on the other hand isn't just losing in NA, but every where else on the planet. Its supposed stronghold (going by the fact that it has at least won there a couple  of times) is NA. And it lost there on what should have been the biggest month of its current generation.