By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - November 2017 NPD Thread! PS4 > XBO > Switch

CrazyGamer2017 said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

Hmmmmmm, 10 million units in 9 months is "not doing too good"? Yeah.... you're missing a lot, above the shoulders possibly? 

Sure, since I made clear that I'm talking about November and not since the initial release, you might wanna check your head before worrying about mine.

Not only does it seem that you can't read or understand what I said but on top you feel the need to resort to a mild aggressive reply.

You said "Switch not DOING too good", the word "doing" is present tense. Considering we are now in the middle of December, how could one decipher you were speaking solely of November if your sentence was in the present tense? Possibly your writing skills are in question rather than my reading skills. 

Around the Network
PortisheadBiscuit said:

You said "Switch not DOING too good", the word "doing" is present tense. Considering we are now in the middle of December, HOW could one decipher you were speaking solely of November if your sentence was in the present tense? Possibly your writing skills are in question rather than my reading skills. 

Gee I don't know how, maybe cause 1: this thread is ABOUT NOVEMBER? and 2 cause I clearly said, and I quote myself "Despite the release of Super Mario Odyssey within the period covered here, the PS4 almost sold twice as much as the Switch?" And 3 NO ONE else seems to have misunderstood, you are the only one...

Perhaps you should have read my entire post and thought about it rather than jumping the gun and assume I meant lifetime sales. So I would say my writing skills are fine and the issue is obviously somewhere between your reading and understanding of what is written.

Last edited by CrazyGamer2017 - on 17 December 2017

CrazyGamer2017 said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

You said "Switch not DOING too good", the word "doing" is present tense. Considering we are now in the middle of December, HOW could one decipher you were speaking solely of November if your sentence was in the present tense? Possibly your writing skills are in question rather than my reading skills. 

Gee I don't know how, maybe cause 1: this thread is ABOUT NOVEMBER? and 2 cause I clearly said, and I quote myself "Despite the release of Super Mario Odyssey within the period covered here, the PS4 almost sold twice as much as the Switch?" And 3 NO ONE else seems to have misunderstood, you are the only one...

Perhaps you should have read my entire post and thought about it rather than jumping the gun and assume I meant lifetim2e sales. So I would say my writing skills are fine and the issue is obviously somewhere between your reading and understanding of what is written.

Mario released in Oct, not Nov

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

CrazyGamer2017 said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

Perhaps you should have read my entire post and thought about it rather than jumping the gun and assume I meant lifetime sales. So I would say my writing skills are fine and the issue is obviously somewhere between your reading and understanding of what is written.

Possibly, your grammar usage could be polished up a bit...maybe a patch of some sort since we're on a gaming forum. There is no other way to interpret "Switch IS not DOING too good" other than present tense. You knew which narrative you were pushing, stop trying to back peddle with subterfuge. 

zorg1000 said:
CrazyGamer2017 said:

Wait are you really pulling that string? Seriously? OMG he is pulling that string.

I guess I'm gonna have to spell it out: Mario released at the END of October and thus NOVEMBER is the true first month of sales of the Switch in relation to that game OBVIOUSLY, captain obvious.

He really tried to pull that string, I'm like wow...

Last edited by CrazyGamer2017 - on 17 December 2017

Around the Network
CrazyGamer2017 said:
zorg1000 said:

Wait are you really pulling that string? Seriously? OMG he is pulling that string.

I guess I'm gonna have to spell it out: Mario released at the END of October and thus NOVEMBER is the true first month of sales of the Switch in relation to that game OBVIOUSLY, captain obvious.

That is the string of fact. Even of it released end of oct it still counts as a oct release. Most games even if were in the same position as smo get most of their sales during week 1. Yes SMO is the driving force of switch for the holidays but he is still correct.

PortisheadBiscuit said:

Possibly, your grammar usage could be polished up a bit...maybe a patch of some sort since we're on a gaming forum. There is no other way to interpret "Switch IS not DOING too good" other than present tense. You knew which narrative you were pushing, stop trying to back peddle with subterfuge. 

How ignorant you are if you don't know what "within the period covered here" means or the fact this thread is about November.

And on top of that you are stubborn and can't even admit your blunder. And to add stupidity to ignorance you know BETTER than me what I meant to say?

It's like with every word you are making yourself look even worse in regard to this argument. Seriously stop it man it's embarrassing.

tbone51 said:
CrazyGamer2017 said:

That is the string of fact. Even of it released end of oct it still counts as a oct release. Most games even if were in the same position as smo get most of their sales during week 1. Yes SMO is the driving force of switch for the holidays but he is still correct.

Except we are talking about sales here and this game had ONLY like 3 or 4 days of sales in October and a FULL 30 days of sales in November as if people only bought a specific game within 3 or 4 days of the release. BOTW not only kept selling the month of release but it kept selling several months after release so are you now going to say all those months do not count? That even the first month does not count? That only the 3 first days of sales count?

Do you guys have like a problem with logic or what? It's interesting to note that none of you have an explanation or a theory for these November figures, all you seem to have is bitterness cause someone dared ask a question that does not put your Nintendo religion in the light of perfection.  I'm trying to figure out what these figures mean and I only meet defensive people that react as if I had attacked them or something. How weird.

PortisheadBiscuit said:
flashfire926 said:
I love how some of the ps guys are desperately trying to paint a bad picture for xbox/nintendo.
Doing this just makes you look worse.
I mean, just admit that other consoles are doing well too and get a move on.

Exactly, the desperation is really palpable

I'm a Sony fan and I agree, I'm desperate to downplay Xbox right now. The way MS masterfully sacrificed 10 months of sales only to still lose the month of their new console release was nothing short of incredible. And that games lineup to support it, the fifth Forza of the generation and a broken """"exclusive""" that isn't even finished, just stunning

Truly the desperation is palpable. I'm terrified PS will only be 35m ahead of Xbox by the end of this year. Except we won't know for sure, seeing as MS doesn't release numbers because their sales are so strong...

CrazyGamer2017 said:
zorg1000 said:

No need to be a dick, you said it RELEASED IN THE PERIOD COVERED, it didnt and i was just pointing that out. Dont throw a hissy fit because someone corrected you.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.