By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - November 2017 NPD Thread! PS4 > XBO > Switch

JWeinCom said:
CrazyGamer2017 said:

Except we are talking about sales here and this game had ONLY like 3 or 4 days of sales in October and a FULL 30 days of sales in November as if people only bought a specific game within 3 or 4 days of the release. BOTW not only kept selling the month of release but it kept selling several months after release so are you now going to say all those months do not count? That even the first month does not count? That only the 3 first days of sales count?

Do you guys have like a problem with logic or what? It's interesting to note that none of you have an explanation or a theory for these November figures, all you seem to have is bitterness cause someone dared ask a question that does not put your Nintendo religion in the light of perfection.  I'm trying to figure out what these figures mean and I only meet defensive people that react as if I had attacked them or something. How weird.

"Sorry, I meant that November was the first full month of sales."

Seriously, that's all you had to say.   Even without the sorry it would have worked. No need to rant or insult people.  If people misunderstood you, even if they were completely justified, just clarify and move on.

And have you for any reason remembered to read the insults he received? And he was clear on what he meant, still being accused or not meaning that and lying to cover up.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
celador said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

Exactly, the desperation is really palpable

I'm a Sony fan and I agree, I'm desperate to downplay Xbox right now. The way MS masterfully sacrificed 10 months of sales only to still lose the month of their new console release was nothing short of incredible. And that games lineup to support it, the fifth Forza of the generation and a broken """"exclusive""" that isn't even finished, just stunning

Truly the desperation is palpable. I'm terrified PS will only be 35m ahead of Xbox by the end of this year. Except we won't know for sure, seeing as MS doesn't release numbers because their sales are so strong...

Truly palpable! I believe it would be easier for PS fans to stop downplaying the Xbox if there was nothing to downplay. Next year MS has the sixth Forza this gen and PUBG will be complete, I'm pretty sure the downplaying will continue to be palpable!

celador said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

Exactly, the desperation is really palpable

I'm a Sony fan and I agree, I'm desperate to downplay Xbox right now. The way MS masterfully sacrificed 10 months of sales only to still lose the month of their new console release was nothing short of incredible. And that games lineup to support it, the fifth Forza of the generation and a broken """"exclusive""" that isn't even finished, just stunning

Truly the desperation is palpable. I'm terrified PS will only be 35m ahead of Xbox by the end of this year. Except we won't know for sure, seeing as MS doesn't release numbers because their sales are so strong...

The Xbox had one of the best months ever, with the $499 price it sold this well.Remember there was the Star Wars and COD bundle the PS4 had and with the $199 1T price( surprised me Sony would go this low) they had to do all this to be #1 on NPD. Units sold between these two could possibly be close than what the estimates are showing. PUBG had million players in 48 hours while it is "broken"( it's in a preview program).

I would go on but naw. Funny that you would respond to this, as someone said earlier, in a low-quality manner.

FlashBack said:
The damage control from Xbox fanboys has been funny. For nearly 2 years they declared a unanimous victory for Nov 2017 NPD lol. Exclusives will always beat power. I bought a Switch this fall to go with my PS4 Pro. I haven't bought a PS4 game all year. Didn't need to.

Who's alt is this?

Proud to be a Californian.

darkenergy said:
celador said:

The Xbox had one of the best months ever, with the $499 price it sold this well.Remember there was the Star Wars and COD bundle the PS4 had and with the $199 1T price( surprised me Sony would go this low) they had to do all this to be #1 on NPD. Units sold between these two could possibly be close than what the estimates are showing. PUBG had million players in 48 hours while it is "broken"( it's in a preview program).

I would go on but naw. Funny that you would respond to this, as someone said earlier, in a low-quality manner.

XB1S was $180 though and accounted (as expected) for the bulk of the XB1 sales....... Unless you have also become like MS and wan't to pretend the XB1s doesn't exist too.

Intrinsic said:
darkenergy said:

XB1S was $180 though and accounted (as expected) for the bulk of the XB1 sales....... Unless you have also become like MS and wan't to pretend the XB1s doesn't exist too.

I'm pretty sure MS is promoting the XB1S, I don't know where you get the idea that MS is pretending that the S doesn't exist.

Proud to be a Californian.

Around the Network
A_C_E said:
celador said:

Truly palpable! I believe it would be easier for PS fans to stop downplaying the Xbox if there was nothing to downplay. Next year MS has the sixth Forza this gen and PUBG will be complete, I'm pretty sure the downplaying will continue to be palpable!

Sure, the pain of X1 selling on one month, on one territory, almost as much as PS4 by selling a bundle for even cheaper than the cheapest option from PS4 and also launching a brand new console is impossible to describe, that is why all PS fans are crying and downplaying MS.

darkenergy said:
celador said:

FlashBack said:
The damage control from Xbox fanboys has been funny. For nearly 2 years they declared a unanimous victory for Nov 2017 NPD lol. Exclusives will always beat power. I bought a Switch this fall to go with my PS4 Pro. I haven't bought a PS4 game all year. Didn't need to.

Who's alt is this?

Have been perma, so you can click on him and see the mod message.

X1 had it's best November (including launch if I'm not wrong). PS4 had its BEST month ever. So exactly what are Sony fans afraid of?

And you'll enter the same train that Nintendo fans were when thinking the sales were closer to 900k than to 750k? Would you have any source to the speculation that X1 sales were very close to PS4 or is more of a wish?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

zorg1000 said:
Mummelmann said:
Damn! Those are some really impressive figures for sure! Not sure about the Switch though, are there still shortages in NA? Seems a tad low.

No shortages but it only seems low because the others did so high. It did similar to 3DS Nov 2011 & PS4 Nov 2014.

I suppose you're right, that yoy and month over month growth is downright abnormal. I'm extremely surprised at the Xbox, if I'm honest.

Well wow this thread went.......left lol. Great sales for all imo. A very strong month for all consoles. And what is up with this the Switch did bad? Didn't it do about the same as the PS4 on its first Nov? And I am sure that the people saying the Switch did bad would not be saying the PS4 did bad......quickrick in particular who seems to be bashing to just be bashing for some reason......

This was indeed a great month for all and I am looking forward to see what Dec brings!!!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

3sexty said:
flashfire926 said:

Congrats, you successfully mimicked Errorist76's low quality posts.

Lol had to chuckle with these 2 posts.

Oh you guys are so funny. I guess it hurts when you‘re out of arguments to counter my „low quality posts“. I understand.

TheBlackNaruto said:
Well wow this thread went.......left lol. Great sales for all imo. A very strong month for all consoles. And what is up with this the Switch did bad? Didn't it do about the same as the PS4 on its first Nov? And I am sure that the people saying the Switch did bad would not be saying the PS4 did bad......quickrick in particular who seems to be bashing to just be bashing for some reason......

This was indeed a great month for all and I am looking forward to see what Dec brings!!!

If you had the patience to read the full thread you would see "the reasons" why 800+ for PS4 first November was fantastic and 800- for Switch is flop level =p