By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales (Week 48): Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - November 27- December 3, 2017

konnichiwa said:
Miyamotoo said:

Well yeah, one week closer to holiday season and XBX2 launch, it was realistic to expect better week compared to last one. Switch need just next 4 weeks to sell around 120k per week to hit 3m this year.

Yeah but that discussion I had with you and Zorg (partially also Rol) basically stated you were sure it would beat Wii U's LTD at the end of 2017. (3.3million)

I was sure that will pass 3m and that are good chances that will beat Wii U LT and that we definitely don't need March for that in any case, for beating Wii U LT it needs around 200k per week in next 4 weeks and its expected that December will much stronger than November in any case.

Last edited by Miyamotoo - on 06 December 2017

Around the Network

Not sure if Nintendo is allocating enough Switch stock to Japan atm. Not surprising, given the massive sales potential in NA this time of year. I guess Nintendo has a bit of a juggling act regarding stock at this time of year.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

konnichiwa said:
Miyamotoo said:

Well yeah, one week closer to holiday season and XBX2 launch, it was realistic to expect better week compared to last one. Switch need just next 4 weeks to sell around 120k per week to hit 3m this year.

Yeah but that discussion I had with you and Zorg (partially also Rol) basically stated you were sure it would beat Wii U's LTD at the end of 2017. (3.3million)

It will, Dec in much bigger than Nov in Japan.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

5 out of the Top 10 is Switch, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is up on previous titles and Switch is handily outselling everything else combined.

Dominating.

Yay for Xenoblade! Was hoping it’d be higher but it’s up on the last two, so I’ll take it.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Nobunaga looks to have done pretty poorly, especially on Switch.

Nobunaga improved 150% when compared with the first on march for Switch. Also, by Famitsu, those sales = "60~80%" of the shippment, the same "ratio" for PS4's version, in other words, was good enough for Tecmo Koei :)

Ka-pi96 said:
rodea_sky_soldier said:

Nobunaga improved 150% when compared with the first on march for Switch. Also, by Famitsu, those sales = "60~80%" of the shippment, the same "ratio" for PS4's version, in other words, was good enough for Tecmo Koei :)

Yet in March the fact it was a late port of an already released game was a justifiable excuse for its poor sales (that and the low Switch install base). Now Switch has built up quite an install base for itself already and it's a day and date multiplat release... it looks so much worse than the last game did on Switch.

As for stock, is that not directly related to pre-order numbers? So there's no indication that it was good enough for Tecmo Koei, perhaps pre-order numbers just suggested there was little chance of it doing any better...

Koei is building audience for this series, just like they did on PS Vita, for example. And 150% of improvement is great. Just search this series sales behaviour.

Nice swith hold, ps4 jumped

Nobunaga's Ambition did very well for PS4. But the Switch entry has definitely lead to lower sales for the franchise. It is quite disappointing, Koei can hope the PC numbers make up for it.

[PS4] Nobunaga’s Ambition: Sphere of Influence Sengoku Risshiden (Koei Tecmo, 03/24/16) – 20,322 (New)
[PSV] Nobunaga’s Ambition: Sphere of Influence Sengoku Risshiden (Koei Tecmo, 03/24/16) – 13,482 (New)
[PS3] Nobunaga’s Ambition: Sphere of Influence Sengoku Risshiden (Koei Tecmo, 03/24/16) – 13,050 (New)

[PS3] Nobunaga’s Ambition: Creation (Tecmo Koei, 12/12/13) – 54,590 (New)

07. / 00. [PS3] Nobunaga’s Ambition: Tendou (Koei) – 33.000 / NEW

Another stellar week for the Switch!

Signature goes here!