By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales (Week 48): Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - November 27- December 3, 2017

Baddman said:
.....You know maybe its my getting older but some users on this site now are some of the most immature I have seen in my almost 10 years on vgc. I would say more but i'd probably be moderated

I apologize! I get hot headed sometimes :/  Rol isnt doing his job anymore!

Around the Network

Good result for Xenoblade 2! Obviously the new design and portability helped to do better than the previous ones. After seeing a few gifs, pics and reactions, I decided to acquire that waifu paradise myself.

Alas we cannot say the same for 3rd parties. Nobunaga has little ambition on Switch with roughly 13% of total sales, even without Vita as competition. Don't know what to think about RE1&2, 7K seems neither good nor bad. Disaster for AoT 3DS, as the stock virtually never left the shelves. Safe to say the core gaming market on 3DS is now dry. Publishers' confidence in Switch probably isn't rising much, seeing that the latest announcements (Black Clover, One Piece, DMC Collection) don't include Switch.

Little Witch Academia is quite disappointing. Anime games usually don't debut that low, maybe the IP wasn't famous enough... 

ryuzaki57 said:

Good result for Xenoblade 2! Obviously the new design and portability helped to do better than the previous ones. After seeing a few gifs, pics and reactions, I decided to acquire that waifu paradise myself.

Alas we cannot say the same for 3rd parties. Nobunaga has little ambition on Switch with roughly 13% of total sales, even without Vita as competition. Don't know what to think about RE1&2, 7K seems neither good nor bad. Disaster for AoT 3DS, as the stock virtually never left the shelves. Safe to say the core gaming market on 3DS is now dry. Publishers' confidence in Switch probably isn't rising much, seeing that the latest announcements (Black Clover, One Piece, DMC Collection) don't include Switch.

Little Witch Academia is quite disappointing. Anime games usually don't debut that low, maybe the IP wasn't famous enough... 

I don't think I've ever seen someone desperately pushing a narrative as you.

I guess Japanese developers are losing confidence in Sony as Shin Megami Tensei V, Project Octopath Traveler, Travis Strikes Back: No More Heroes, Bayonetta 1 + 2 collection and Bayonetta 3 aren't coming to the PS4.

See how easy it is to create a narrative?

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

That sub 20% sellthrough for Attack on Titan 2. Yeesh. Nobunga's Ambition on Switch didn't sell well, but it won't need to be discounted heavily to sell through it's initial shipment.

XB2 up on previous entries. I guess switching to an attractive art style helped out.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

YSO predicts

YSO predictions

01. [3DS] Yo-kai Watch Busters 2: Hihou Legend Banbarayaa - Sword / Magnum 02. [3DS] Pokemon Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon 03. [NSW] Super Mario Odyssey 00. [XB1] PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Around the Network

Also chris aint bad mouthing pokemon anymore xD

Last edited by tbone51 - on 10 December 2017

Lespaul said:
How well is the switch selling in japan

Its selling great, only market that Nintendo still cant keep up with demand.

Animal Crossing > Zelda