By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales (Week 48): Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - November 27- December 3, 2017

NoCtiS_NoX said:
Kerotan said:

Looks like ps4 cannibalized some switch sales this week. 

If ps4 didn't increase to 30k+ first week of December I would have been really disappointed. Need a big week next week to give it a chance to be up YOY. Famitsu looks like it will be up easily though. 

And ps4 set to break a mile stone next week on famitsu.  The mighty vita will be over taken. Many thought this day would never come but I knew it would.

I think you really need to stop with this cannibalizing thing. 

It's a running joke. Another poster used it in a serious comment last week and since it's not possible to cannibalize a rival console it's become one of those legendary memes.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
TruckOSaurus said:
  • Switch – 124,770 (145,200) -14.07%
  • 3DS – 36,238 (34,886) + 3.88%
  • PlayStation 4 – 33,407 (26,909) + 24.15%
  • PlayStation Vita – 6,127 (5,964) + 2.73%
  • Xbox One – 508 (408) + 24.51%
  • PlayStation 3 – 48 (46) + 4.35%
  • Wii U – 45 (85) - 47.06%
  • Looks like ps4 cannibalized some switch sales this week. 

If ps4 didn't increase to 30k+ first week of December I would have been really disappointed. Need a big week next week to give it a chance to be up YOY. Famitsu looks like it will be up easily though. 

And ps4 set to break a mile stone next week on famitsu.  The mighty vita will be over taken. Many thought this day would never come but I knew it would.

If your joking cool, if not switch is out of stock again. Nintendo ships what it sells. 

The Switch is killing it!! Absolute Nintendomination.

Xenoblade 2 is looking like it's going to be the best selling title of the franchise. That's very good news for more Xenoblade in the future.

Switch totally destroying the competition in Japan. It’s not even a fight to be honest and I am not surprised. I expected this. It’s the USA and EU that surprised me.

I really think the Switch can do more than 20m in Japan in its lifetime.

Kerotan said:
    NoCtiS_NoX said:

I think you really need to stop with this cannibalizing thing. 

It's a running joke. Another poster used it in a serious comment last week and since it's not possible to cannibalize a rival console it's become one of those legendary memes.

I think you're greatly over exaggerating the memeworthiness your thread.

Around the Network
    VGPolyglot said:
    Kerotan said:

I think you're greatly over exaggerating the memeworthiness your thread.

He has a selfgod complex. Its ok, it is memeworthy

tbone51 said:
    Kerotan said:

Looks like ps4 cannibalized some switch sales this week. 

If your joking cool, if not switch is out of stock again. Nintendo ships what it sells. 

i Think you meant sells what it ships

Pachofilauri said:
    tbone51 said:

I think you both meant that Nintendo sells everything it ships and eats everyone else's sales on top of that. 

I'm just joking.
    Last edited by FloatingWaffles - on 06 December 2017

Pachofilauri said:
    tbone51 said:

Well tbf it can go like this too lol! But yeah your right

Ark survival evolved continues to impress and is showing signs it could have decent legs over the next 2 years.

Anyway next week will be historic. PS4 passes out the vita and will become the second best selling console in Japan of it's gen when you include handhelds.

1. 3ds
    2. PS4
    3. Vita
    4. Wii U
    5. XB1

This will be a major event because it's going to be the final order the gen will finish with.