By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - M-Rated Nintendo Franchise?

Which Nintendo franchise would you like to have an M-rated entry?

Zelda 4 7.02%

Metroid 22 38.60%

Sin & Punishment 4 7.02%

Fire Emblem 10 17.54%

Other (Please specify) 6 10.53%

None 11 19.30%

Total:57

They've got that one game that's rated Other M.

Does that count?

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
Well, I want a new Eternal Darkness myself, that is already an M-Rated franchise.

I agree with this, i have been wanting this for awhile now.

VGPolyglot said:
Well, I want a new Eternal Darkness myself, that is already an M-Rated franchise.

Damn it you got to it first.

An M rated MArio though would be..... interresting...

I LOVE ICELAND!

CaptainExplosion said:
ARamdomGamer said:
I just want them to make games, if one warrants a higher rating is whatever, making a game M rated for the sake of it sounds dumb.

But some games like Metroid or Zelda would fit well into that rating if done that way, at least I think so.

Metroid Prime has you bloodily dispatching grotesque alien monsters, and Zelda has had many shockingly violent moments:

Yes they have those moments, but again, pursuing a M rated game for the sake of it is not a good idea, flesh out whatever you want to do and if that warrants it a higher rating, well there you go. Is not something they should force.

BasilZero said:
Fire Emblem would be great.

We can bring petting to the next level!

Around the Network
super_etecoon said:
I couldn't disagree with your thesis more. Nintendo does not make games for kids. They make games for people who enjoy fun experiences. Nintendo has always been very successful at getting adults and children alike to love their games.

in response to your question...I don't think any game needs to be M, period. There are tasteful ways to achieve a T rating and still convey the same story, message, and gameplay. Don't get me wrong, I don't think there shouldn't be M rated games, but I don't think they are necessary...particularly from Nintendo.

Eh, i disagree. I don't think an M rating should be explicitly targeted, but sometimes 'tasteful' isn't enough. Half the fun of Django Unchained (a movie yes, but it applies to the story/message part of the discussion) is how it revels in its own violent absurdity. That quality is a big part of why people like Tarantino in general :p

VGPolyglot said:
BasilZero said:
Fire Emblem would be great.

We can bring petting to the next level!

Staph right there.

mZuzek said:
ARamdomGamer said:
I just want them to make games, if one warrants a higher rating is whatever, making a game M rated for the sake of it sounds dumb.

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Zekkyou said:
super_etecoon said:
I couldn't disagree with your thesis more. Nintendo does not make games for kids. They make games for people who enjoy fun experiences. Nintendo has always been very successful at getting adults and children alike to love their games.

in response to your question...I don't think any game needs to be M, period. There are tasteful ways to achieve a T rating and still convey the same story, message, and gameplay. Don't get me wrong, I don't think there shouldn't be M rated games, but I don't think they are necessary...particularly from Nintendo.

Eh, i disagree. I don't think an M rating should be explicitly targeted, but sometimes 'tasteful' isn't enough. Half the fun of Django Unchained (a movie yes, but it applies to the story/message part of the discussion) is how it revels in its own violent absurdity. That quality is a big part of why people like Tarantino in general :p

There are two types of people who like Tarantino movies: those who like the dialogue and absurdity...and those who just like seeing people get scalped.  I hope you're in the first category.  Unfortunately when you sell a product primarily to kids the kids will want to watch (or play) someone getting scalped (or doing the scalping) for no other reason than that it is "cool."

super_etecoon said:
Zekkyou said:

There are two types of people who like Tarantino movies: those who like the dialogue and absurdity...and those who just like seeing people get scalped.  I hope you're in the first category.  Unfortunately when you sell a product primarily to kids the kids will want to watch (or play) someone getting scalped (or doing the scalping) for no other reason than that it is "cool."

The scalping is part of the absurdity though