By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - M-Rated Nintendo Franchise?

Which Nintendo franchise would you like to have an M-rated entry?

Zelda 4 7.02%

Metroid 22 38.60%

Sin & Punishment 4 7.02%

Fire Emblem 10 17.54%

Other (Please specify) 6 10.53%

None 11 19.30%

Total:57

I just want them to make games, if one warrants a higher rating is whatever, making a game M rated for the sake of it sounds dumb.

Around the Network

None.

Well, I want a new Eternal Darkness myself, that is already an M-Rated franchise.

No need. As long as the game library is good is doesn't matter which company produces the game. Nintendo has been lenient lately so they should not have any issues.

M rating means sex or sexual content these days (typically) so no thanks.

Around the Network

Give Kirby a gun and some smokes.

Out of their franchises, the only one that I think would be able to pull it off is Metroid. Because the type of setting and atmosphere it sets, being a lone bounty hunter on an unknown and hostile planet in deep outer space, it matches more with a mature setting and tone. So, Metroid would be able to make that transition or leap easier than the other franchises.
Whereas with Zelda or Fire Emblem, they can only go so far before they are being Mature just for the sake of being Mature. At that point, it just becomes forced, unnecessary, and bogs down the experience.

Last edited by PAOerfulone - on 05 December 2017

I couldn't disagree with your thesis more. Nintendo does not make games for kids. They make games for people who enjoy fun experiences. Nintendo has always been very successful at getting adults and children alike to love their games.

in response to your question...I don't think any game needs to be M, period. There are tasteful ways to achieve a T rating and still convey the same story, message, and gameplay. Don't get me wrong, I don't think there shouldn't be M rated games, but I don't think they are necessary...particularly from Nintendo.

Leadified said:
Give Kirby a gun and some smokes.

I would play it.

On a different thread Ive said I dont want a PIkmin 4 as much as I love the series....

But if they made Pikmin 4 ludicrousy brutal where the Pikmin tear beasts apart limb from limb, screaming, and then using their body parties to create frankenstein beasts to battle big Pikmin chomping birds...well that'd be delightful to witness a Yellow PIkmin climb into a Bulborbs mouth and rip out its teeth following by slicing its heels with the new fangled tooth.

Just get eli roth as a guest director like spielberg in those bloom blox games.