By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii and Gamecube games will be playable on NVIDIA Shield in China (by port)

Lawlight said:
Looks like in the end everyone goes third party.

Can't wait for Uncharted and Horizon on PC with 4k/60fps

Around the Network
Barkley said:
Miyamotoo said:

Hardly, this is specific agreement with only Nvidia and only for China market. Nvidia because they have some other agreements outside Switch hardware, and China because Wii never was released in China.

Don't see any reason to not put their back catalog on other devices. Also I said "hopefully" not that it would happen.

Yeah, definitely hope for Uncharted 4/Killzone/Blood Borne on PC for 4k/60fps

Miyamotoo said:
Lawlight said:
Looks like in the end everyone goes third party.

Yeah, it's just matter of time when you play Zelda and Mario on your PS4.

Maybe not on my PS4 but maybe on my... Nvidia Shield.

Miyamotoo said:
Barkley said:

Don't see any reason to not put their back catalog on other devices. Also I said "hopefully" not that it would happen.

But I gave you reasons, Wii was availible on all other markets (on all other markets they can just offer Wii titles through Switch Virtual Console and that will be most likly scenario), and thats not case with China, thats why this is specifically just for China market. Nintendo done something similar before, for instance ofering N64 games on iQue Player just on China market. Again, this specific agreement with Nvidia and only for China market.

But those aren't reasons to not release VC on other systems... so what if the Wii was released in western regions? Switch VC is irrelevant, not a reason to keep it from other hardware as VC isn't something that sells hardware. No one is buying a Switch to play old games.

Releasing a VC service on as many devices as possible can only be a good thing for Nintendo, and I definitely think its' something we'll see someday.

Ljink96 said:

I hope this is in the cards world wide on Switch. I'd be down for portable Mario Galaxy, NSMB, etc.

Same here, as I've never played either of them.  I'm sure they will come eventually, but.. I want both of those today. right now.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
Miyamotoo said:

Yeah, it's just matter of time when you play Zelda and Mario on your PS4.

Maybe not on my PS4 but maybe on my... Nvidia Shield.

Hardly if you don't refer only to Wii games and you live in China.

Barkley said: 
Miyamotoo said: 

But I gave you reasons, Wii was availible on all other markets (on all other markets they can just offer Wii titles through Switch Virtual Console and that will be most likly scenario), and thats not case with China, thats why this is specifically just for China market. Nintendo done something similar before, for instance ofering N64 games on iQue Player just on China market. Again, this specific agreement with Nvidia and only for China market.

But those aren't reasons to not release VC on other systems... so what if the Wii was released in western regions? Switch VC is irrelevant, not a reason to keep it from other hardware as VC isn't something that sells hardware. No one is buying a Switch to play old games.

Releasing a VC service on as many devices as possible can only be a good thing for Nintendo, and I definitely think its' something we'll see someday.

Of Course that VC is not irelevant, Nintendo makes money on VC and that's definatly one of reasons for owning Nintendo hardware on first place. Again, reasons for releasing only some Wii games only on Nvidia Shield and only in China market are very obvious: this is agreement only with Nvidia from obvious reasons (because Nvidia hardware in Switch, and other agreements, good relations between Nintendo and Nvidia, partnership that will last 2 decades..), and this goes only for China beacuse Switch is not out in China and Nintendo never was ofical in China while Nvidia is, and we dont know when Switch could be out in China and in which form, beacuse Nintendo cant realse alone Switch in China so they need local partner for something like that. Nintendo already done something similar before, thats why has iQue Player only on China market.

Miyamotoo said:

Of Course that VC is not irelevant, Nintendo makes money on VC and that's definatly one of reasons for owning Nintendo hardware on first place. 

I cut out the rest of your post because it's completely irrelevant to discussing whether VC on other devices would be a good move, and I think you missed the part where the conversation turned from "reasons it's in china and not elsewhere" and "reasons it shouldn't be elsewhere".

No VC is not a significant reason for owning Nintendo hardware. VC does not move anything but a negligible amount of consoles. If Switch never got VC it would barely have any impact on it's lifetime sales at all. VC could be extremely lucrative if it expanded it's horizons.

Barkley said:
Hopefully comes to other regions and devices eventually.

Maybe you'll get your wish when the Nintendo Online service launches next year?

Imagine a VC service that you could access anytime, anywhere with anyoneHow much would you pay for that?

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

TomaTito said:
Barkley said:
Hopefully comes to other regions and devices eventually.

Maybe you'll get your wish when the Nintendo Online service launches next year?

Imagine a VC service that you could access anytime, anywhere with anyoneHow much would you pay for that?

Personally I don't find nearly enough time to play new games as it is, so I don't think I'd get my money's worth from a service like that.

But it could be a really great thing. One VC service that is usable on every device, from Switch to ios/android.

Barkley said:
Miyamotoo said:

Of Course that VC is not irelevant, Nintendo makes money on VC and that's definatly one of reasons for owning Nintendo hardware on first place. 

I cut out the rest of your post because it's completely irrelevant to discussing whether VC on other devices would be a good move, and I think you missed the part where the conversation turned from "reasons it's in china and not elsewhere" and "reasons it shouldn't be elsewhere".

No VC is not a significant reason for owning Nintendo hardware. VC does not move anything but a negligible amount of consoles. If Switch never got VC it would barely have any impact on it's lifetime sales at all. VC could be extremely lucrative if it expanded it's horizons.

I explained you why this is very specific situation (Nvidia and China), and why you will not see something like this on other devices and on other markets.