By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii and Gamecube games will be playable on NVIDIA Shield in China (by port)

Miyamotoo said:
Jranation said:
Why did nintendo allowed this?

Because they don't intend to release Wii games on China market, and they probably have some agreements with Nvidia, Nvidia could port those Wii games for Switch also and its possible that they could port some other Nvidia Shield games games to Switch. And offfcourse, Nintendo will earn money from sales of those Wii games.

Oh thats right! Completely forgot that the Switch is using Nvidia. Yeah it makes sense now. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Jranation said:
Miyamotoo said:

Because they don't intend to release Wii games on China market, and they probably have some agreements with Nvidia, Nvidia could port those Wii games for Switch also and its possible that they could port some other Nvidia Shield games games to Switch. And offfcourse, Nintendo will earn money from sales of those Wii games.

Oh thats right! Completely forgot that the Switch is using Nvidia. Yeah it makes sense now. 

Yeah, its not point that Switch only using Nvidia, but seems that they have some other strong angremants like we seeing now, Nvidia did said that Nvidia-Nintendo partnership will likely last two decades.

Jranation said:

Probably part of the deal with NVidia. Nintendo gets the hardware they need for a long time, NVidia get the Wii exclusives for the chinese market. And, let's face it, the Switch will eventually reach the chinese market too, so they can just advertise it as an upgraded version of the Shield currently being sold there.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Hopefully comes to other regions and devices eventually.

Barkley said:

Hardly, this is specific agreement with only Nvidia and only for China market. Nvidia because they have some other agreements outside Switch hardware, and China because Wii never was released in China.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
Barkley said:

Hardly, this is specific agreement with only Nvidia and only for China market. Nvidia because they have some other agreements outside Switch hardware, and China because Wii never was released in China.

Don't see any reason to not put their back catalog on other devices. Also I said "hopefully" not that it would happen.

Miyamotoo said:
Jranation said:

Yeah, its not point that Switch only using Nvidia, but seems that they have some other strong angremants like we seeing now, Nvidia did said that Nvidia-Nintendo partnership will likely last two decades.

Darwinianevolution said:
Jranation said:

Probably part of the deal with NVidia. Nintendo gets the hardware they need for a long time, NVidia get the Wii exclusives for the chinese market. And, let's face it, the Switch will eventually reach the chinese market too, so they can just advertise it as an upgraded version of the Shield currently being sold there.

Yes! I love seeing this new Nintendo. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

I guess it will do good

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Barkley said:
Miyamotoo said:

Don't see any reason to not put their back catalog on other devices. Also I said "hopefully" not that it would happen.

But I gave you reasons, Wii was availible on all other markets (on all other markets they can just offer Wii titles through Switch Virtual Console and that will be most likly scenario), and thats not case with China, thats why this is specifically just for China market. Nintendo done something similar before, for instance ofering N64 games on iQue Player just on China market. Again, this specific agreement with Nvidia and only for China market.

Just for record, we heard about this 1st time in January.

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/937880934271025158?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2Ftwitter.min.html%23937880934271025158

Switch bc should be well on the way then. At least as far as the Wii is concerned. Good news.